Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think its odd that one fighter is getting 20+ million and the other fighter has to slap advertisements on his *** to make money?

Anyways, doesn't matter who Flloyd fights, nobody can consistently hit and hurt him. The shoulder roll is a thing of beauty. It's amazing how he positions his body to never let the opponent land a clean counter punch. Love him or hate him dudes going down as one of the greatest ever.
Just watch his pivots and the angles he is able to get in split seconds. It is excellence and I absolutely enjoy seeing him replicate some of the greats' techniques. The shoulders have always been nice, but the leaning counter right, my goodness. :smh:

It's not odd when one of the fighters is bringing all the viewers and revenue and the other is barely known by the general public.

Not odd. Just looks cheap to me. One side you have a world class fighter. The other side a guy selling ads on his shorts.

Floyd ain't fighting Canelo, he weighs 20 pounds more than he does. :lol:

What are you talking about dude? Canilo weighs 6-7 pounds more than him and that's because he wanted to fight Austin Day. Floyd could gain 6 pounds or Canilo could lose 6 pounds to fight each other.

That's not happening tho, Floyd has his game plan set for the rest of his career. Like instated above.

Canelo walks around at 170+ ish. Floyd probably like 155. Canelo can not really drop from where he is, he's expecting Mayweather to fight at 154 again, but he will be at a huge size disadvantage despite packing on a few more pounds then usual come fight night. Mayweather was willing to fight at 154 for Cotto because he's really not that big at that weight.

Last edited:
Floyd will not fight Canilo Alvarez. No way.

He's going to continue fighting regular dudes, get 30 million a fight, wait until he's 50-0, then retire.

Just don't be fooled by it.
Floyd ain't fighting Canelo, he weighs 20 pounds more than he does.
laugh.gif
What are you talking about dude? Canilo weighs 6-7 pounds more than him and that's because he wanted to fight Austin Day. Floyd could gain 6 pounds or Canilo could lose 6 pounds to fight each other.

That's not happening tho, Floyd has his game plan set for the rest of his career. Like instated above.
Did The Money Team run threw your girl? You sound salty as hell.

Don't talk to me like I'm some dude from you're neighborhood :lol:

I like Floyd, but he's not fighting Alavarez. He has a game plan, no need to risk his title or record when he can continue to make 30 plus million dollars a fight and just get "Wins". I think he would beat Canelo also, but no need to risk it. What I meant by being "fooled" is don't pay for it.

The only semi interesting match that he might take would be against Berto. He's going to fight Danny Garcia, Devon Alexander, etc. guys like that

If Canelo wants to fight Floyd so badly, why not come down to 147 since its only 6-7 lbs LMAO exactly, its preposterous

Canelo comes to the ring at around 170 lbs when he re hydrates.

Floyd is always in shape so he hydrates to like 150. dude doesnt balloon or deflate.

Either way, Canelo wouldnt lay a glove on Floyd

Floyd should take his show on the road to England and fight Khan at Wimbley and dispatch of that no chin having Bum real quick. would love to see PBF fighting on a different continent

Last edited:
Don't talk to me like I'm some dude from you're neighborhood
laugh.gif

I like Floyd, but he's not fighting Alavarez. He has a game plan, no need to risk his title or record when he can continue to make 30 plus million dollars a fight and just get "Wins". I think he would beat Canelo also, but no need to risk it. What I meant by being "fooled" is don't pay for it.
Touche'

Floyd would beat khan so easy. Anyway Schafer said they want to match up Ortiz vs khan or someone else. Ortiz returns in September.

Floyd has always wanted to fight in Dubai.

Mayweather would demolish Khan. Canelo to imo. Canelo starts gassing around the 8th round, sometimes earlier. Floyd would absolutely tear his *** up.

That is the sharpest I've seen Floyd in a while. Robert isn't exactly a elite fighter either but boy did Floyd get in the zone. Robert held his own the first few rounds, he didn't win them other than the 1st maybe. Floyd had him chasing him around the ring like a little kid and getting clocked doing it. Only way you're beating Floyd is at his own game, smarts and speed. Opponents come in wanting to play chess when it's checkers. I'm not a huge fan of Floyd but man did he put on a thing of beauty last night.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Canelo walks around in the 180's. Mayweather walks around at 155. You do the math.

there's no denying the skills, talent, and speed that Floyds has. But Floyd should be taken fools out by the 9th rd. Taken it the distance will probably lead to less people buying the fight in the future. One example that comes to mind is the Tyson fight, everybody would tune in just to see a KO.

I would like sergio martinez get a shot to fight Floyd. I still want to see pac vs Floyd too.

Fellas, why did someone say its the Al Haymon show?

Last edited:
Can you add a weight clause for fight night?
Like I know they have to weigh in at 154, but can there be a clause where per say a fighter cannot be over 160 on fight night, or else?

If Floyd taking fights the distance actually led to less ppv buys, then he wouldn't be the PPV king that he is now, lol

Can you add a weight clause for fight night?
Like I know they have to weigh in at 154, but can there be a clause where per say a fighter cannot be over 160 on fight night, or else?

Pacquaio did something like that to De La Hoya, that's why he came in looking like a ghost that fight.

I'm pretty sure Gunna mentioned Amir because of the potential payday and sporting event, not necessarily because of it being a challenge.

Personally, Amir is only fun to watch get KOd, but English boxing fans are always fun at matches.

Floyd will probably never get close to sniffing another 2.0 million PPV buys again. Even if he fights Canelo sometime in the next 30 months. When he fought JMM, that only did 1.1 views. Guerrero fight most likely won't come too close to that, he's not a true Mexican boxer.

The only way he sniffs that PPV buy rate is if he lets Manny have a shot at him. But we all know where that stands.

Who else other than Manny and Money get PPVs anyways these days? No heavyweights like days past, unless the Klitschko brothers count since theyre on Epix. Ward is a monster in terms of P4P race, but he's never even fought on PPV. Maybe if JMM fought another Mexican, but even that seems unlikely.

Last edited:
If Floyd taking fights the distance actually led to less ppv buys, then he wouldn't be the PPV king that he is now, lol
floyd sell's because oscar gave him a large enough stage to showcase his

his personality , the average casual fan isn't a fan of his style

floyd was in his absolute prime between 2001-2006 , like brilliant

almost to the point of disbelief ....how did the the zab judah , carlos baldomir

and arturo gatti pay per views do? he shoulda been a superstar from the moment

he made corrales look like a journeyman on 2001.....

that fight last night shoulda been on friday night lights dawg , and i im a money fan

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Gunna mentioned Amir because of the potential payday and sporting event, not necessarily because of it being a challenge.

you know as crazy as it's sounds , amir's jab, length and speed should make for a halfway decent matchup.....

i mean considering what the alternatives are lmao

floyd sell's because oscar gave him a large enough stage to showcase his

his personality , the average casual fan isn't a fan of his style

floyd was in his absolute prime between 2001-2006 , like brilliant

almost to the point of disbelief ....how did the the zab judah , carlos baldomir

and arturo gatti pay per views do? he shoulda been a superstar from the moment

he made corrales look like a journeyman on 2001.....

that fight last night shoulda been on friday night lights dawg , and i im a money fan
alien.gif

Dudes out here saying anything to try an validate their point.

Last edited:

Personally, Amir is only fun to watch get KOd, but English boxing fans are always fun at matches.

Floyd will probably never get close to sniffing another 2.0 million PPV buys again. Even if he fights Canelo sometime in the next 30 months. When he fought JMM, that only did 1.1 views. Guerrero fight most likely won't come too close to that, he's not a true Mexican boxer.

The only way he sniffs that PPV buy rate is if he lets Manny have a shot at him. But we all know where that stands.

Who else other than Manny and Money get PPVs anyways these days? No heavyweights like days past, unless the Klitschko brothers count since theyre on Epix. Ward is a monster in terms of P4P race, but he's never even fought on PPV. Maybe if JMM fought another Mexican, but even that seems unlikely.

If JMM vs Bradley ends in dramatic fashion, the winner vs Mayweather would generate the most buys.

Besides those who you mentioned. Quillen, GGG, Martinez, and Chavez Jr can mix it up to do big numbers in the next couple years.

Last edited:
Guys who follow younger boxers/less known guys, who do you see as a future superstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom