Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked by Abner tonight. Most fights I haven't been able to appreciate the work he does because of how dirty he is. He did more boxing tonight and I really liked his approach.

Great fight from Leo, love the kid. He won't be a P4P cat, but he's exciting.

As for Floyd, really surprised how fast he still is. Not surprised that he dominated, just how fast he still is. Good to see a defensive dominance again.

Floyd Mayweather will finish his boxing career undefeated. The sooner his critics and haters alike accept this, the sooner they will be able to rest easy at night.

Cotto is a Highly skilled boxer, especially with angles, and giving/taking space and he tried bullying floyd to no avail.

I'd say Cotto is a Far better skilled boxer than Ghost too

*shrugs*

Everyone talks about Floyd not having Power. every fight he puts that right haand lead on his opponent and suddenly they stop coming in all wild.

Pro, You were almost right. Ghost was looking to quit, hell, he halfway did. he completely stopped throwing from outside all together.

He was a defeated fighter after the 5th round and he was Looking to fall in the 8th.

Chris Byrd has a post fight analysis on youtube paraphrasing: Just imagine if Floyd thru endless combos like Roy Jones used to they'd have to ban him from the sport

LOL

I think he won the first and another round was even. But every round besides those he got dominated.

will have to re-watch it again. Missed a few of the middle rounds because was keeping an eye on my 2 year old in the swimming pool.

Also missed the first 8 rounds of Rosado/Love. So I take it Gabe got robbed due to the fans booing :smh: I became a fan of his after the GGG fight.

A Floyd fight?

Boredom at its Finest.

Ducking and dodging and more Ducking and Dodging,
eyes.gif

Wake me up if it really gets interesting.
people wont appreciate Floyd until after he retires

I gave Guerrero the first but nothing after. 119-109 Mayweather.

I'm fully convinced the only way a fighter is going to have a shot, and a very slim one at that, is to get Floyd against the ropes to work his body to slow him down. Everytime Guerrero tried to throw a body punch in the middle of the ring Floyd gave him that Steph Curry stepback and counter punched him because Ghost left himself wide open. Nobody has ever put on a performance against Floyd like JLC and I think it's highly unlikely that anyone else ever will.

I think he won the first and another round was even. But every round besides those he got dominated.

will have to re-watch it again. Missed a few of the middle rounds because was keeping an eye on my 2 year old in the swimming pool.

Also missed the first 8 rounds of Rosado/Love. So I take it Gabe got robbed due to the fans booing :smh: I became a fan of his after the GGG fight.

Yeah Rosado got robbed even Love and the rest of his corner knew it.

I gave Guerrero round 1 and that is it. Floyd adjusted to his style after round 1 and it was a wrap. Floyd landed 60% of his power punches :pimp:

View media item 396640
http://compuboxonline.com/compubox-stats-mayweather-w-12-guerrero/

I can't believe Guerrero's father was still butt hurt after the fight :smh:

Last edited:
Schaefer said Victor Ortiz is returning in September and Guerrero might be a possible opponent.

Def booking my flight and hotel for that fight in September also herd it can be Devon vs Ortiz winner gets Khan. I could imagine GBP doing Canelo card, Ortiz card, and Floyd card it would be massive, but doubt it would even happen.

J'leon got exposed I know Rosado was going to handle him. At 97-92 :lol: these judges killing the boxing game. Mares 3 time champion in 3 different weight divisions really impressed. The only loser is Donaire for not taking that fight with Mares. Floyd demonstrated pure boxing excellence. At age 36 footwork, speed and skills set are impeccable. I do think his PPV numbers will drop. Decent PPV but let's not forget who's show this was, the AL HAYMON SHOW.

Last edited:
If Floyd fights Canelo, his numbers aint dropping at all. Mega fight def. I think Floyd does it then fights meh oppenents to finish out his career.

Anyway he can fight Danny Garcia?

Floyd will not fight Canilo Alvarez. No way.

He's going to continue fighting regular dudes, get 30 million a fight, wait until he's 50-0, then retire.

Just don't be fooled by it.

Floyd ain't fighting Canelo, he weighs 20 pounds more than he does. :lol:

What are you talking about dude? Canilo weighs 6-7 pounds more than him and that's because he wanted to fight Austin Day. Floyd could gain 6 pounds or Canilo could lose 6 pounds to fight each other.

That's not happening tho, Floyd has his game plan set for the rest of his career. Like instated above.

Anyone else think its odd that one fighter is getting 20+ million and the other fighter has to slap advertisements on his *** to make money?

Anyways, doesn't matter who Flloyd fights, nobody can consistently hit and hurt him. The shoulder roll is a thing of beauty. It's amazing how he positions his body to never let the opponent land a clean counter punch. Love him or hate him dudes going down as one of the greatest ever.

Floyd will not fight Canilo Alvarez. No way.

He's going to continue fighting regular dudes, get 30 million a fight, wait until he's 50-0, then retire.

Just don't be fooled by it.

Idk man, I feel he's going to fight one major threat then coast like I said. Alot of steam is already rolling for the 14th between him and Canelo.

My prediction remains: He fights Canelo in September, coasts the rest of his career against meh opponents.

Anyone else think its odd that one fighter is getting 20+ million and the other fighter has to slap advertisements on his *** to make money?

Yeah it sounds crazy when you think about it but at the same time Mayweather was the ONLY reason this match was this huge to begin with. That's the way boxing works and I'm fine with it.

Plus Even though Mayweather is getting close to 40-50 million total from this fight once PPV buys come in, Guerrero is gonna get around 5-8 when it's all said and done. Thats not bad for a guy only boxing fans knew about just a few weeks ago. He wasn't going to make that much against any other boxer.
Plus he agreed to the contract so yeah

Last edited:
It's not odd when one of the fighters is bringing all the viewers and revenue and the other is barely known by the general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom