Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The generation of boxers that are passing is depressing. Hell I've probably seen more fights from 70 - 80 than anything the past 20 years

I remember they used to say Norton had the body of a god. Howard Cosell said an an adonis. .

Heavyweights were bout it back then :smokin

What if Amir Khans gets "Berto'd"? Then who does he fight?

Berto. Not trying to have a play on words with how you worded your question. This is who I really thought of. Maybe even Ortiz?

Well I heard that Berto was going to get Mayweather if he got past Ortiz and Guerrero. Then they tried to rebuild him by giving him Soto Karass. We all saw what happened unfortunately. Berto would've gotten Boxing 101 from Mayweather, but it still would've been interesting to watch.

Berto looked atrocious for their first presser for the Shane fight. He had to be at least 180. You still got that pic Jay? I think I had it as my avy for a while too :lol:

Both in their primes at 147? IDK, I think I take 135 Shane as the best Shane ever was. He was unstoppable at lightweight.

Not surprised this will break PPV records. Right before the fight I went to my local grocery store and literally everyone there was getting last minute stuff for the fight.

Showtime, which broadcast the fight on pay-per-view, announced Thursday, along with promoters Golden Boy Promotions and Mayweather Promotions, that Mayweather's dominant decision victory shattered the all-time record for highest-grossing pay-per-view fight of all time, generating $150 million in revenue from 2.2 million pay-per-view buys.

Mayweather isn't doing numbers like that again unless somehow Pacquiao looks impressive and is not longer with Top Rank.

Actually gonna do more numbers! May vs Hoya was 2.1 million at first, then jumped up to 2.5 when they finish added all the numbers! Same will happen here.

No one in the past 30 yrs of 130-147 would beat Floyd.

I hat to admit it but I am now on board. He is easily in my top 20. Him vs Duran, and Sugar and Hearns are no longer clear losses for PBF in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom