OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

I can't wait till my drafts :pimp:

Thanks to the valuable input from the guys here, I was able to win my league last year. For this year, I plan to repeat and will try to answer any questions about your lineups. It's the best I can do. :pimp:

Last edited:
Ok so to make sure I understand. "PPR" is points per reception, right?

My league had point for every 10 yards. But not reception.

And 6pt for Passing TDs.

Does that still mean the RB should still be my first option?

^ Yeah in PPR you get 1 point every time your WR/RB catches a ball (along with 1 point for every 10 yards they gain). That in turn makes RBs who catch a good amount of passes more valuable than those who don't (ex. Darren Sproles is a PPR monster, while he's a weak RB2/Flex in standard leagues). Also, some WRs are more valuable than some RBs in PPR compared to standard leagues. As for who to draft first, it all depends on who's available when it comes to your pick. Check ESPN or any other site with fantasy and check out their standard and PPR player rankings. You'll notice the differences right away.

Last edited:
Interested, but only if you dis-allow auto-drafting (unless the auto draft is done by customized user rankings).

and is scoring otherwise standard (besides PPR?) no funky bonuses or anything right?

you disallow auto drafting by making sure everyone can draft the same day n time.

In terms of funky bonuses there will be bonuses for QB's throwing 300,350,400, 450 yds

and some more...I'm open to fun suggestions!!

I want to get people committed ready to go. Im thinking a draft day of Saturday or Sunday around 7-9pm Aug 24, or Aug 31

JayFiend: You have to consider QB as a first option when passing TD's are worth 6 points as opposed to 4. Heightens the value of Rodgers, Peyton, Brees. And maybe Brady.

nickthestick91

Great explanation homie, I really appreciate it.

Repped
No prob, anytime. And like Champ said above, since you get 6 points for passing TDs, you might wanna try grabbing one of the top 3-4 QBs if they fall to you in the first round. An elite QB getting 6pts per TD will always outperform the top WRs/RBs. When I get to my computer I'll post a screenshot of the top 10 QBs/WRs/RBs from my PPR/6 point passing TD league from last year to show you the differences in their scores.

Last edited:
Ok Cool.

Now I just have to wait and see where I pick at.

And that would be much appreciated. Thanks again guys.

Here are the top 10 QBs, RBs, and WRs from last year in the PPR/6 pt passing TD league that I run.

QBs
View media item 521072
RBs
View media item 521075
WRs
View media item 521076
As you can see the top 3 QBs scored almost 100 points more than the #1 RB and WR. And the remaining top 10 QBs scored more than a majority of the top 10 RBs and WRs. It'll probably be similar this year, so adjust your draft strategy accordingly. I know in my league if I have a shot at grabbing one of them, I'm doing it 100%.

However, having a top tier QB doesn't guarantee you'll win. In my league, the guys who had Rodgers and Brees didn't even make the playoffs. I had Brady and finished runner-up. The guy who beat me didn't even have a top 10 QB (he had Josh Freeman and Roethlisberger, #s 13 and 15). He did however have Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, and Julio Jones (#11) :lol:. A balanced team is the key.

Last edited:
The league I run turned into a Keeper league starting with last years draft.

1 keeper from rounds 2-5

1 from rounds 6-10

1 from rounds 11-FA

I'm keeping Trent Richardson in the 4th, Matt Ryan in the 7th, and David Wilson in the 15th.
pimp.gif

So what should my draft strategy be if it's a standard 6 point TD for for QB/RB/WR?  I was thinking the RB RB WR WR RB QB?  I mean I can grab Luck in like the 6th or 7th round easily rather than wasting a QB spot in the first or second round for Rodgers or Brees.

Last edited:
But also don't fall guilty of reaching for a Stafford, Cam, or Matty Ice.
Definitely. If you miss out on the top 3, don't get caught up in the moment and draft a different QB earlier than you need to. This essentially wastes a pick and hurts your team in the long run.

1 keeper from rounds 2-5
1 from rounds 6-10
1 from rounds 11-FA

I'm keeping Trent Richardson in the 4th, Matt Ryan in the 7th, and David Wilson in the 15th. :pimp:
I've never heard that way of doing keepers. I'm assuming you lose the pick where you chose the guy you keep? Gonna have to bring this method up to my friends. Everyone wants to start the keeper league this year but we can't agree on a way to implement it.

Definitely. If you miss out on the top 3, don't get caught up in the moment and draft a different QB earlier than you need to. This essentially wastes a pick and hurts your team in the long run.

1 keeper from rounds 2-5
1 from rounds 6-10
1 from rounds 11-FA

I'm keeping Trent Richardson in the 4th, Matt Ryan in the 7th, and David Wilson in the 15th.
pimp.gif
I've never heard that way of doing keepers. I'm assuming you lose the pick where you chose the guy you keep? Gonna have to bring this method up to my friends. Everyone wants to start the keeper league this year but we can't agree on a way to implement it.
Here's how we do it (from our "handbook" :lol:)
Section 1: Fee’s and Winner Compensation

A - Entry Fee’s

1. Until otherwise decided upon by all members - Yearly GAFFA entry fee will be $75 per team to be paid in full no later than Draft Day.

1. If Entry Fee is not paid in full on Draft Day, such team will be barred from making any and all roster moves until full Entry Fee is paid in full.
B - Payout’s

1. As per Past Practice - End of year payouts are as follows:

1. 3rd place - Reimbursement of entry fee

2. 2nd place - ⅓ of remaining pot

3. 1st place - ⅔ of remaining pot

Section 2: Keepers (See “Keeper Cheat Sheet” below)

A - Keeper Eligibility

1. 3 Keepers are allowed per team per draft. 1 player from each of the following brackets;

1. Rounds 2-5

2. Rounds 6-10

3. Rounds 11-15

1. A player who goes undrafted and is signed from Free Agents will garner a 15th round status if it is decided by an owner to keep that player the following year.

1. During the first year that a player is kept on the same roster, that player will repeat its original draft status.

2. A single player is allowed 3 season’s MAX of Keeper status, once he has run his course as outlined below, he is recycled back into the Free Agent pool to be drafted the following year.

1. First year of kept status costs the same draft position as originally drafted.

2. Second year of kept status will elevate the cost to the top of the original keeper bracket

1. In the case of a 6th or 11th rounder being kept for their second year, the player will once again repeat their position at 6 or 11 for that year.  The following year the player will move to the front of the next highest draft keeper bracket as outlined in Rules Section 2-A-3-c.

3. Third and final year of kept status will once again elevate said players draft cost to the top of the next highest keeper bracket

3. Regardless of how many years a player has been kept previously, a player may only be kept as a 1st round pick for one year.  Thereafter, the player shall return into the free agent pool.
B - Dropped/Released Players

1. “The DHB Rule” - If a player is dropped from his original team during the season and has not suffered a season ending injury and clears Waivers - He is then considered to be a Free Agent and will cost a 15th round pick to his new team.

2. “The Harvin Rule” - If a player suffers a season ending/threatening injury and is dropped by his original team - regardless of clearing waivers, this player must keep his current keeper status. Downgrade in keeper round status will be voted upon by GAFFA Council if the player’s owner is interested in keeping.
Keeper Cheat Sheet

[table][tr][td]
Rd. Initially Drafted
[/td][td]
Year 1 Status
[/td][td]
Year 2 Status
[/td][td]
Year 3 Status
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
Unkeepable
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
FA
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

i need to start doing my homework ASAP. im joining a 200$ league this year with 12 teams again need to be on my A+ game.

Is there anyone doing a FF league that is on Yahoo, Espn that has open slots ? Please lmk thanks

Here are the top 10 QBs, RBs, and WRs from last year in the PPR/6 pt passing TD league that I run.

QBs

RBs

WRs

As you can see the top 3 QBs scored almost 100 points more than the #1 RB and WR. And the remaining top 10 QBs scored more than a majority of the top 10 RBs and WRs. It'll probably be similar this year, so adjust your draft strategy accordingly. I know in my league if I have a shot at grabbing one of them, I'm doing it 100%.

However, having a top tier QB doesn't guarantee you'll win. In my league, the guys who had Rodgers and Brees didn't even make the playoffs. I had Brady and finished runner-up. The guy who beat me didn't even have a top 10 QB (he had Josh Freeman and Roethlisberger, #s 13 and 15). He did however have Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, and Julio Jones (#11)
laugh.gif
. A balanced team is the key.
so basicly you have validated my point on waiting for a qb since the team that won did not even have a top ten qb.  again flow of the draft is key.

^^ Partly. If you can grab one of the top 3-4 QBs with the 7th pick or later (I got Brady with the 8th pick I believe), I'd say it's in your best interest to do it. If you have an early pick I think it's best to pass on the QBs and grab a top tier RB or WR. In my opinion of course :lol:.

Last edited:
Stevie Johnson moves to the slot, increases his fantasy value.
he will be ok. thing is who will be throwing him the ball. got a little qb problem there. just look at fitz. guy is a beast. love him as a football player. last year he had nobody at qb and it killed him.  now stevie will be good just dont pay a price that is too high. wr3 nice...wr2 wont cut it.

Definitely. If you miss out on the top 3, don't get caught up in the moment and draft a different QB earlier than you need to. This essentially wastes a pick and hurts your team in the long run..
I think this was me last year as I saw the top quarterbacks go out I panicked and picked up Romo as I didn't want to take chances on Rg3 or Luck. I really just need to focus on getting those top WR/RB as stated.

Last edited:
Romo is so hot and cold, hit or miss.

I do trust Luck's value depending how late you can get him.

Back
Top Bottom