OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Its not like that.  I have TRich as a 4th round keeper, Ryan as 7th and D Wilson as a 15th. (although it was imput incorrectly as a 14th.)

Thats what round I drafted those guys last year. 12 team league
oh , ok. makes sense now. i dont know to much on keeper league stuff. 

Arian Foster probably, but I prefer McCoy. I think he has a huge bounce back year this year. ON TOP of having Chip's offense.

Obviously I prefer AP gets passed over and I get him, but if he's gone, McCoy's my guy. Foster's mileage scares me. Charles, Rice, Martin all protected. So is Calvin and Rodgers, and I don't value Forte or Marshawn over McCoy.

I rather have Spiller for the upside, can easily rush for 1500. But I guess personal preference.

I rather have Spiller for the upside, can easily rush for 1500. But I guess personal preference.
i'm going back and forth over spiller more than anyone else. you look at this guy and you love his burst and upside. then you look at his limited work , his small body , and plays for a team with a rookie qb and should play from behind in almost all there games in the second half. i just see the bad over the good. can't pull the trigger on him.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thinking of making a New York fantasy football league with a live draft. Please PM me if you are interested.

Or I can create a new online draft as well.

Last edited:
drafted Friday night.

14 team league. Standard league (sorry, don't kick me out like Jazzy Jeff, fambs)
my lineup:
QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Stevan Ridley
WR - Danny Amendola
WR - Golden Tate
TE - Coby Fleener
WR - Tavon Austin

K - Josh Scobee
Defense - KC Chiefs/StL Rams

bench:
QB - Josh Freeman
RB - Jonathan Dwyer
RB - Isaac Redman
WR - Mike Williams
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Can I get a couple opinions on my squad por favor? :D

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Lurked/read the entire thread from the jump and the insight I've gained thus far has been tremendous..

This is my first year playing. Lonnnngtime NFL junkie, though. I felt like I planned heavily but the draft shook out way differently than expected. Lol second pick of the draft was a qb(rodgers). I feel like Ridley and Amendola are gona have solid seasons. HOPING Wilson to Tate happens often lol Harvin being out obviously will boost Tate's production thankfully. obviously taking a big gamble on Fleener, but in his sophomore season he's now been paired w/ his offensive coordinator at Stanford his senior year - this year, I definitely expect some sort of increase in production.. Austin to me is another big gamble, but I love his upside.

My bench/defenses seem iffy to me..and I feel hella thin at the wr/te spots. Not much avail on the waiver wire, might needa propose something.. wishfully thinking/hoping one of my pitts backup rbs hold off Le Veon Bell for the starting position and solidify one of my bench rb positions. lol than ill drop the lesser of the rbs n hopefully pick up somebody else.. but what do I know?

Hoping some of you chime in.

Goodlooks in advance! :nthat:

Last edited:
Draft coming in the next few days.. imma be hawkin this thread.. lotta useful information last year!

My big money Draft is this Saturday and I got the 6th Pick. Guys I'm looking at would be Spiller, Trent, Charles and Alfred Morris for my first pick. The thing is everyone in my league is so unpredictable so I dunno, Ray Rice or Marshawn might even fall to me. I really want Spiller or Trent but both have some injury concerns and questionable QB's as well. Any suggestions and who should I be looking at on the way back? I'm a vet so I know what I'm doing but this season is a mixed bag with so many stud RB's who can easily finish top 5 and QB being really deep as well.

Our scoring is the standard as well but Passing TD's are 6 points so having a stud QB is a game changer throughout the season.

Last edited:
drafted Friday night.

14 team league. Standard league (sorry, don't kick me out like Jazzy Jeff, fambs)
my lineup:
QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Stevan Ridley
WR - Danny Amendola
WR - Golden Tate
TE - Coby Fleener
WR - Tavon Austin

K - Josh Scobee
Defense - KC Chiefs/StL Rams

bench:
QB - Josh Freeman
RB - Jonathan Dwyer
RB - Isaac Redman
WR - Mike Williams
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
Can I get a couple opinions on my squad por favor? :D

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Lurked/read the entire thread from the jump and the insight I've gained thus far has been tremendous..

This is my first year playing. Lonnnngtime NFL junkie, though. I felt like I planned heavily but the draft shook out way differently than expected. Lol second pick of the draft was a qb(rodgers). I feel like Ridley and Amendola are gona have great seasons. HOPING Wilson to Tate happens often lol Harvin being out obviously will bost Tate's production thankfully. obviously taking a big gamble on Fleener but in his second year w/ his offensive coordinator at Stanford his senior year this year, I definitely expect some sort of increase in production.. Austin to me is another big gamble, but I love his upside.

My bench/defenses seem iffy to me..and I feel hella thin at the wr/te spots. Not much avail on the waiver wire, might needa propose something.. wishfully thinking/hoping/praying one of my pitts backup rbs hold off Le Veon Bell for the starting position and solify a bench rb positon. lol than ill drop the lesser of the rbs n hopefully pick up somebody else.. but what do I know?

Hoping some of you chime in.

Goodlooks in advance! :nthat:

You need to look at depth at WR. The 3 starters have upside but downside as well. Tavon has Bradford. Amendola can get hurt easy. Tate needs to repeat on last year after a year of film on him.

Start there. Look decent everywhere else. Maybe use a RB in trade.

You need to look at depth at WR. The 3 starters have upside but downside as well. Tavon has Bradford. Amendola can get hurt easy. Tate needs to repeat on last year after a year of film on him.

Start there. Look decent everywhere else. Maybe use a RB in trade.

Thanks, my bro. Definitely appreciate the look. That's how I was feeling about the wr's too. Praying Amendola stays healthy, but if he does, he should hopefully pan out. Like you said, Tate needs to at least repeat last years performance, and that's with a years tape
on him.

Looking at potential trade propositions now..

Last edited:
My big money Draft is this Saturday and I got the 6th Pick. Guys I'm looking at would be Spiller, Trent, Charles and Alfred Morris for my first pick. The thing is everyone in my league is so unpredictable so I dunno, Ray Rice or Marshawn might even fall to me. I really want Spiller or Trent but both have some injury concerns and questionable QB's as well. Any suggestions and who should I be looking at on the way back? I'm a vet so I know what I'm doing but this season is a mixed bag with so many stud RB's who can easily finish top 5 and QB being really deep as well.

Our scoring is the standard as well but Passing TD's are 6 points so having a stud QB is a game changer throughout the season.
CJ Spiller!! The guy will go beserk.

Last edited:
So I have my draft picks for my two drafts.

In my 2 QB / 2 DEF draft I'll be picking 3rd

and

For my 12 team PPR league I'll be drafting 12th.

So I have my draft picks for my two drafts.

In my 2 QB / 2 DEF draft I'll be picking 3rd

and

For my 12 team PPR league I'll be drafting 12th.
for your 12 team ppr nothing wrong with a dez / marshall start with forte / shady. whichever guy is there. one rb and one wr.

1st pick in a 12 team, ppr league.  Obviously goin with AP #1... Who you guys think on the way back? 

Do I lock in rb#2 or take 2 stud wr's?  I don't think I have picked in top 3 in like 4 years
laugh.gif

for you guys playing PPR, who are some players who are high on your list.

i'm lowkey hoping i get a later pick so i can grab matt forte + top WR (dez preferably) and snagging reggie bush with my 3rd pick. i think regardless of where i'm picking, if reggie is there in the 3rd im taking him :lol:

1st pick in a 12 team, ppr league.  Obviously goin with AP #1... Who you guys think on the way back? 

Do I lock in rb#2 or take 2 stud wr's?  I don't think I have picked in top 3 in like 4 years :lol:

If you know you have AP, I would take the two WR's and swing for a younger RB later, like a Gio Bernard, Lamar Miller, or Lacy, Montee Ball, etc. Use them as your #2 back, knowing AP will carry the weight, with 2 solid WR's doing their thing. That leaves you with a mid type QB, Eli, Ben, Romo, Ryan type in round 4-5.

AP
Dez
Andre (or maybe Cobb)
Eli
Geo

Is a workable starting 5 imo.

If you know you have AP, I would take the two WR's and swing for a younger RB later, like a Gio Bernard, Lamar Miller, or Lacy, Montee Ball, etc. Use them as your #2 back, knowing AP will carry the weight, with 2 solid WR's doing their thing. That leaves you with a mid type QB, Eli, Ben, Romo, Ryan type in round 4-5.

AP
Dez
Andre (or maybe Cobb)
Eli
Geo

Is a workable starting 5 imo.
Appreciate the analysis and input sir
nthat.gif

Do I lock in rb#2 or take 2 stud wr's?  I don't think I have picked in top 3 in like 4 years
laugh.gif
dont think you should " lock in " on anyone. you must see how the draft flows. nothing wrong with demaryius / sjax in rd two and three. rd 4 and 5 you mite go nicks and ryan.

1-ap

2-demaryius if he is not there cobb

3-sjax or mjd

4-nicks latter rounds pick up randle to protect pick. i love randle's upside

5ryan

dont think you should " lock in " on anyone. you must see how the draft flows. nothing wrong with demaryius / sjax in rd two and three. rd 4 and 5 you mite go nicks and ryan.

1-ap

2-demaryius if he is not there cobb

3-sjax or mjd

4-nicks latter rounds pick up randle to protect pick. i love randle's upside

5ryan
This was helpful as well....Appreciate the advice.

Last edited:
for you guys playing PPR, who are some players who are high on your list.

i'm lowkey hoping i get a later pick so i can grab matt forte + top WR (dez preferably) and snagging reggie bush with my 3rd pick. i think regardless of where i'm picking, if reggie is there in the 3rd im taking him :lol:

Too vague of a question...early guys to be high on are someobvious names...better to discuss middle to late rounds. Thats where lEagues are won

Back
Top Bottom