OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

damn, i need to read up.

what site has the best rankings? i asked this the other day but never got an answer

If you waited this long you realistically already lost...

Don't use any mainstream site either. No ESPN, Yahoo, CBS.

Last edited:
damn, i need to read up.

what site has the best rankings? i asked this the other day but never got an answer

nah, i did perfectly fine last season and did no homework

im trying to look into it a bit more since i want bragging rights. im getting into NFL a little more and more so im a fan. Just 2 years ago i hated it... SRS :lol:

i got 3rd place last season, should have done better. started the season 7-0 then stupid loses by only a few points :smh:

damn, i need to read up.

nah, i did perfectly fine last season and did no homework

im trying to look into it a bit more since i want bragging rights. im getting into NFL a little more and more so im a fan. Just 2 years ago i hated it... SRS :lol:

i got 3rd place last season, should have done better. started the season 7-0 then stupid loses by only a few points :smh:

Never really got into football until I started playing Madden and eventually started talking to dudes about fantasy football on Madden.

Got into my first league in 2011, finished 7-7 couldn't pick Ray Rice's face out of a lineup :smh: :x

Now this is all I do when I have free time, I just research, mock draft and listen to fantasy sports on Sirius XM.

Next step in my progression as a fantasy football player is learning schemes and all that fun stuff, I am one of the rare ones lol.

Last year finished second, I am versing a bunch of 30 year old adults and I'm only 18 :lol:

Use rotowire.com/radio , sign up using BS info, then go to NFL and cheat sheets. :smokin

Last edited:
Ausberry just got hurt and may play as low as 3rd string in Oakland, not sure if I'd pick him up just yet.
Yea but based on his choices i would pick him up and look on waiver wire after week 2. at least there is upside in him and he is stuck without to much choice.

Never really got into football until I started playing Madden and eventually started talking to dudes about fantasy football on Madden.

Got into my first league in 2011, finished 7-7 couldn't pick Ray Rice's face out of a lineup
mean.gif
sick.gif

Now this is all I do when I have free time, I just research, mock draft and listen to fantasy sports on Sirius XM.

Next step in my progression as a fantasy football player is learning schemes and all that fun stuff, I am one of the rare ones lol.

Last year finished second, I am versing a bunch of 30 year old adults and I'm only 18
laugh.gif

Use rotowire.com/radio , sign up using BS info, then go to NFL and cheat sheets.
smokin.gif
trust me franco , you are not as rare as you think.  
happy.gif

Thoughts on k. Moreno as a backup? Does he deserve a spot on the bench? What about Holmes? I have an IR spot on my roster.

Last edited:
Knowshon Moreno basically won me my league last year Week's 14-17.

Here's some big stuff out of Rotoword...

Raiders OC Greg Olson admits he's had to change his playbook because of LT Jared Veldheer's triceps injury.

Veldheer was arguably Oakland's best player and replacement Alex Barron is a street free agent type. "It'll impact how we use Darren McFadden, it'll impact how we use Marcel Reece," Olson said. "You don't lose a player like that and think that you're not going to have to change." McFadden, who's rushed eight times for 22 yards (2.75 YPC) in the preseason, has a down arrow next to his name.

Last edited:
Wed, Aug 21 at 11:25am
Foster (back) is slated to come off the PUP list Wednesday, ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: Foster was originally placed on the PUP list with a calf injury that he suffered during OTA's, but while he is past that injury, he has been dealing with back soreness of late. To treat the issue, he received injections to help with the soreness, but they evidently caused some pain in Foster's legs. In any case, Foster's activation Wednesday suggests progress on that front and his return supports the notion previously put forth by coach Gary Kubiak that he expects Foster to be ready by the start of the regular season.

Last edited:
Nice article on Rotoworld of guys with an ADP over 115 that the author is targeting. Some obvious names but it's a solid list I mostly agree with.

1. Deandre Thompkins

- Ever since Brandon Lloyd was cut in March, the outside or “X” position in the Patriots’ offense has been vacant. It’s always been a position battle worth monitoring because Lloyd produced a 74/911/4 line on 130 targets last year despite muddled chemistry with Tom Brady. Well, we finally have a firm leader in the clubhouse. Thompkins has been one of the stars of training camp, earning the first-team reps ahead of second-round rookie Aaron Dobson. When the Patriots went two-wide in their second preseason game, it was Danny Amendola and Thompkins. So get the thought that “he went undrafted, so he can’t be that good” out of your head. If Thompkins is good enough for Brady and Bill Belichick, he’s good enough for us.

2. Jordan Cameron

- I was legitimately sad that Cameron busted out for two touchdowns in the Browns’ second preseason game. We’ve been on this guy for five months now because of two things: Scheme and athletic ability. Unfortunately, now the cat is out of the bag to some extent. New Browns coach Rob Chudzinski is a former tight end himself that always designs plays to feature the position in the passing game. He’s coaxed career years out of Antonio Gates (89/1101/10 in 2005), Kellen Winslow Jr. (82/1106/5 in 2007) and Greg Olsen (69/843/5 in 2012). Cameron has struggled through muscle strains during his two NFL seasons, but goes 6’5/254, ran a 4.59 at his Combine in 2011 and played basketball for BYU. He’s up next for Chud.

3. Michael Floyd

- New Cardinals coach Bruce Arians doesn’t throw to running backs or tight ends. He doesn’t run quick-hitting outs or comebacks. Arians implores his quarterbacks to push the ball vertically down the field to the wide receivers, and schemes as well as anyone to make that happen. He did it with the “Young Money” crew in Pittsburgh, turned around Reggie Wayne’s career arc in Indy and made T.Y. Hilton into a budding star. Next on Arians’ hit list is Floyd, a 2012 first-round pick who struggled early in his rookie year and never truly got past Andre Roberts. That doesn’t take away from the fact that Floyd is a 6’3/220 physical beast who is more than capable of doing what Arians needs. Perhaps more importantly, the Cardinals have ditched their three-headed monster of Kevin Kolb/John Skelton/Ryan Lindley in favor of Carson Palmer. Although Palmer is a shell of his former self, he isn’t afraid to throw a ball up for grabs downfield. With Floyd now running ahead of Roberts all spring and summer, it’s an ideal situation.

4. Michael Vick

- Owners have a really bad taste in their mouth about Vick and I understand it. He’s missed 13 games over the last three years due to injury and has underperformed in countless others. So what’s different now? First of all, the Eagles’ offensive line is finally healthy and is arguably the most talented unit in the entire league. Second, a pass-happy Andy Reid offense that opened Vick up to unpredictable hits has been jettisoned in favor a run-heavy Chip Kelly scheme. And finally, Vick has been exceptionally sharp in practices and the preseason (13-of-15 for 199 yards with one touchdown and one Hail Mary interception). Note that over the last six years, Oregon quarterbacks have averaged 568 rushing yards and 7.5 rushing touchdowns per season. Vick, who was on pace for 531 rushing yards last year before going down, could push for 700. His athleticism remains elite.

5. Golden Tate

- How’s this for a perfect storm: Unique talent, in a contract year, playing every down at split end with a rising young star at quarterback. Tate checks all the boxes on that list. And to top it off, he’s been the unquestioned star of Seahawks camp. Although Tate’s 45/688/7 line last year was somewhat disappointing, coach Pete Carroll has suggested that a full comprehension of the scheme wasn’t there. This year, Carroll says Tate has been the team’s “highest tester in terms of assignments.” Percy Harvin (hip surgery) likely won’t play until after Thanksgiving, giving Tate plenty of time to rack up career-best numbers.

6. Roy Helu

- You remember Helu. Just two years ago as a fourth-round rookie, he caught 49 balls and averaged 4.23 YPC. He also ripped off this memorable Edwin Moses style run, highlighting his ability in the open field. Helu’s stock proceeded to plummet thanks to severe toe and Achilles’ issues, but he’s back to full health now and it’s shown as he’s ran circles around his competition for the backup job. Through two preseason games (36 snaps), he’s rushed 14 times for 87 yards (6.21 YPC) and caught one pass for 14 yards. Helu is going to be the ********’ third-down and two-minute back, giving him some deep standalone value in PPR. If Alfred Morris were to get hurt, Helu would explode in the Shanahan and Son zone-blocking scheme.

7. Zach Sudfeld

- Two undrafted rookie Patriots on one list seems excessive. It’s not. Sudfeld (6’7/255) was essentially an oversized slot receiver at Nevada, recording a 45/598/8 line as a senior. Well, it just so happens that the Patriots are in desperate need of both pass-catchers and tight ends. Sudfeld has been drawing rave reviews as the first-team “move” tight end throughout camp, which is essentially Aaron Hernandez’s old position. Through two preseason games (66 snaps), he has three catches for 54 yards and a touchdown. If Rob Gronkowski (back surgery) misses the first few weeks as expected, Sudfeld will be a featured player on offense. If he plays well in that role, the Patriots will be more inclined to run two-tight end sets even when Gronk gets back

8. Rueben Randle

- The Giants’ offense does not typically support three wide receivers. Last year, No. 3 man Domenik Hixon caught just 39 balls and in 2011, Mario Manningham also had 39 grabs. Will Randle, who has been lighting up practices ever since he humiliated Nnamdi Asomugha in Week 17 last year, buck the trend? Probably not. But his white-hot offseason coupled with constant nagging injuries to Hakeem Nicks (as well as Victor Cruz’s new heel scare) should have owners on notice. Anytime Randle starts for the Giants, he’s going to be on the WR2 radar. A surefire sign that he’s a special player is that he’s consistently beaten double coverage in camp.

9. Christine Michael

- Sitting around and waiting for an injury is not fun. It also ties up a roster spot. But when one injury means you have a legit top-20 overall option, it can be worth it. Michael has zoomed past Robert Turbin during training camp, ripping off 89 yards on 16 carries (5.56 YPC) in the preseason opener. Turbin had nine carries for 35 yards in the second exhibition game as Michael sat out with a minor injury. The Seahawks live by the mantra that the best man will play, and it seems obvious that Michael is the best man for the job should Marshawn Lynch go down.

10. Cordarelle Patterson

- One way to look at fliers is to just take the freakishly talented guys – regardless of situation – and let the chips fall where they may. That’s what happened last year with Randall Cobb. We knew we had a difference-maker in an elite offense, we just didn’t know how the Packers would get him on the field. It turned out that the Pack couldn’t keep him off the field. Perhaps things will go similarly this year for Patterson, who is currently behind Jerome Simpson at the “X” receiver spot. Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave recently lauded the No. 29 overall pick for his dependability in the scheme, which is notable because of the raw label. If Patterson can get the mental part of the game and route-running down, he’s going to be a fantasy asset. The dude ran a 4.42 at 6’2/216 and recorded a 37-inch vertical leap at the combine.

11. Jay Cutler

- Under defensive-minded Lovie Smith, the Bears went 81-63 and went to the Super Bowl once. Over the last three years, they went 29-19. But Smith was still fired after the season because GM Phil Emery wanted a coach that would work closely with Cutler. Enter Marc Trestman, an offensive guru of sorts that has been lighting up the CFL for the last eight seasons. Before that, Trestman was a highly respected coordinator for the Browns, 49ers and Raiders. He quickly instilled a priority on protecting Cutler, as the Bears spent $35 million on left tackle Jermon Bushrod and used the No. 20 overall pick on impressive RG Kyle Long. New tight end Martellus Bennett also excels as a blocker. Add it all up and we finally have everything teed up for Cutler to realize his special ability in Chicago. Trestman won’t let the passing game fail.

12. Ryan Broyles

- This one was looking better about two weeks ago. When training camp first opened up, Broyles was practicing in full every day and impressing despite sustaining an ACL tear last December (the second one of his career). Now, however, he’s sitting out every third day of practice and having good days mixed with bad. Still, the situation couldn’t be much better for Broyles if he can sustain health. He’s a pure slot/possession receiver on a team that throws more than anyone in the league. No. 2 man Nate Burleson is declining and Broyles is excellent and finding holes underneath. Despite playing more than 36 snaps just once last season, he averaged 3.5 catches for 51.1 yards and scored two touchdowns in a six-game stretch between Weeks 7 and 12

Just dealt Montee and Tavon for Gore and a throw in. Had me skeptical because i think tavon could have a HUGE season, but i had 3 broncos in my starting lineup so i didnt think that was too smart.

Also Hartline and Malcom Floyd are on waivers, should i be picking either of them up to deepen my bench?

Just dealt Montee and Tavon for Gore and a throw in. Had me skeptical because i think tavon could have a HUGE season, but i had 3 broncos in my starting lineup so i didnt think that was too smart.

Also Hartline and Malcom Floyd are on waivers, should i be picking either of them up to deepen my bench?

I'd go with Hartline, Tannehill seems to like throwing to him, though obviously his numbers are going down with Wallace there. The Keller injury should help his numbers out a little bit though. I think Floyd will have a better season but I'm not 100% sold on him yet.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels
DST: Chicago
K: Matt Prater
Bench: Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller, Steve Smith, Steve Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Ronnie Hillman, Deangelo Williams, Chris Givens

10-team PPR league... I don't love it. At all. Have an offer of Alfred Morris for Andre...
I give Colston and Steve Smith

I get back Roddy White... Enough of an upgrade?

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels
DST: Chicago
K: Matt Prater
Bench: Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller, Steve Smith, Steve Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Ronnie Hillman, Deangelo Williams, Chris Givens

10-team PPR league... I don't love it. At all. Have an offer of Alfred Morris for Andre...
I give Colston and Steve Smith

I get back Roddy White... Enough of an upgrade?

Different ways to look at this.

Roddy White is obviously superior to Colston and Steve Smith WITHOUT question.

Different Scenarios:
A) Andre Johnson stays healthy, lethal combo between Andre/Roddy
B) Andre Johnson gets injured, have to start Roddy/Brown, depending on the size of this league (seems like a 10 teamer) you are screwed.

Worried about your bench depth.

You would also have the Matty Ice/Roddy hook up, tho because of your bench depth, bye weeks may play a huge part.

Last edited:
Yeah PPR...

I'm also trying to swing Dre and a RB to a dude with ****** backs for either Dez or AJ.

Last edited:
Got #6 pick in my draft sunday (12 man league ppr), hoping to catch CJ Spiller there. #1 said their going AP, #3 wants Mccoy, #5 wants Lynch or Morris

Back
Top Bottom