OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Trade rapists 
mean.gif

Ahh you the dude keeps trying to fleece me outta David Wilson :lol:

LOL, not fleecing bro, just depends how high you are on Matthews.

You started it by sniping Wilson from me. Had that injury been announced before i picked, I would have took him in the 2nd round lol.

Ahh you the dude keeps trying to fleece me outta David Wilson
laugh.gif

You started it by sniping Wilson from me. Had that injury been announced before i picked, I would have took him in the 2nd round lol.
Well maybe, you should have just told him you wanted Wilson and he would have let you have him?

oh wait, thats not how fantasy sports works.

He's a starting WR for the New England Patriots. If he doesn't get hurt he's finishing the year as at least a top 30 WR.

Thanks. Was debating if I should use him or Greg Jennings for trade bait but I'll probably end up trading Jennings later on.

Andre Brown broke his leg again tonight. Looks like David Wilson stands alone in the Giants backfield.

:lol:

Man I don't mean to laugh but this David Wilson hate because of Andre Brown was always funny to me. I like Andre Brown but dude barely played and got mangled.

So you're one of those guys who confuses talking down on someone because of valid concerns about holding on to the ball and pass protection as hate? Did either Champ or myself say something that came off as hateful towards David Wilson? Come on man, that's idiotic. David Wilson's concern will always be those two things and with Coughlin as the coach who does not mess around when it comes to that, he'll have touches taken away from him.

It's so stupid to label someone putting facts out there in a fantasy football advice thread as a "hater".

Anyway.

Sole, I thought at first you had a couple too many WR's who are more yards dependent for a PPR but you have RB's who will make up for it. Outside of Ryan of course. I think Thomas has a big year. And I'm not one who believes in having a back up TE until the bye comes around. Solid team.

Buc, I wouldn't pick up a back up for Brady right now. And, unless it's a keeper, don't touch Percy for a bit.

Ahh you the dude keeps trying to fleece me outta David Wilson :lol:

This is my first year in the league and honestly I forgot about the draft how do i find scoring leaders from last year?

Last edited:
This is my first year in the league and honestly I forgot about the draft how do i find scoring leaders from last year?

not sure if it'll show for you but for me it shows on the left side of the home page of the league (you can click the year and drag down).
Winners were:
2009: Stuntastic
2010: DMV Bengals
2011: Speedy Tauntauns
2012: Speedy Tauntauns

This is the first year I changed it to 6pts/passing TD and -2pts/INT just to give more value to QB's and more realistic.

In a 12 man 0.5PPR league,
What spot would you guys prefer drafting? I'm thinking the 9th spot is ideal as I could still get 2 elite RBs or at least get 1 elite RB and 1 elite WR.
Any input?

Andre Brown broke his leg again tonight. Looks like David Wilson stands alone in the Giants backfield.

:lol:

Man I don't mean to laugh but this David Wilson hate because of Andre Brown was always funny to me. I like Andre Brown but dude barely played and got mangled.

So you're one of those guys who confuses talking down on someone because of valid concerns about holding on to the ball and pass protection as hate? Did either Champ or myself say something that came off as hateful towards David Wilson? Come on man, that's idiotic. David Wilson's concern will always be those two things and with Coughlin as the coach who does not mess around when it comes to that, he'll have touches taken away from him.

It's so stupid to label someone putting facts out there in a fantasy football advice thread as a "hater".

Anyway.

Sole, I thought at first you had a couple too many WR's who are more yards dependent for a PPR but you have RB's who will make up for it. Outside of Ryan of course. I think Thomas has a big year. And I'm not one who believes in having a back up TE until the bye comes around. Solid team.

Buc, I wouldn't pick up a back up for Brady right now. And, unless it's a keeper, don't touch Percy for a bit.

David Wilson's ADP was appropriate before the injury. Why? Because Andre Brown couldn't stay healthy to save his life and frankly David Wilson has elite talent. Andre Brown's injury history was as valid a concern as David Wilson's pass protection and fumbling even with all of that he was named the starter.

It just blew my mind that Andre Brown was being presented as this huge threat when wasn't able to stay on the field in limited work. David Wilson basically outperformed him in every way once he got a bulk of the carries.

In the three games David Wilson received 10+ carries he put up 5.75 yards a carry and 3 touchdowns. That's a fact.

Dude said he thought David Wilson was being overdrafted and that's why I responded the way I did.

Last edited:
David Wilson's ADP was appropriate before the injury. Why? Because Andre Brown couldn't stay healthy to save his life and frankly David Wilson has elite talent. Andre Brown's injury history was as valid a concern as David Wilson's pass protection and fumbling even with all of that he was named the starter.

It just blew my mind that Andre Brown was being presented as this huge threat when wasn't able to stay on the field in limited work. David Wilson basically outperformed him in every way once he got a bulk of the carries.

In the three games David Wilson received 10+ carries he put up 5.75 yards a carry and 3 touchdowns.

I concur, I always had him higher than most esp. in PPR format, but his pass protection and mainly his fumbling did concern me as I felt he would be in the doghouse after any type of mistake. But with Brown out the picture, he has much more wiggle room after a turnover.

not sure if it'll show for you but for me it shows on the left side of the home page of the league (you can click the year and drag down).
Winners were:
2009: Stuntastic
2010: DMV Bengals
2011: Speedy Tauntauns
2012: Speedy Tauntauns

This is the first year I changed it to 6pts/passing TD and -2pts/INT just to give more value to QB's and more realistic.

So wait WRs get 1 point per reception AND 1 point for every 10 yards?

I mean damb that makes WRs the highest scoring position by far.

So wait WRs get 1 point per reception AND 1 point for every 10 yards?

I mean damb that makes WRs the highest scoring position by far.

Yep, most if not all PPR leagues are still given points for yardage.

I still value RB's higher.

Usually if its a full point per reception you get like 1 point for every 20 yards.

Its all good though.

Its just you got dudes like Randall Cobb scoring more points than Jamal Charles. Its overly friendly to WRs scoring

Last edited:
Just finished my 8 team non ppr draft. $2,000+ pot and $10 for each add/drop .. I had the first pick

QB - Cam Newton, Russell Wilson

RB - Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore, Montee Ball, DeAngelo Williams

WR - AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown

TE - None ( TEs are flex/optional )

D/ST - Steelers, Broncos

K - Dan Bailey, Robbie Gould

Overall I'm satisfied, wanted to grab Dez and Romo but it didn't work out. Hopefully my squad can stay healthy, those $10 add/drops talley up at the end of the year.

how on earth did you end up with AP, CJ, AJ, Fitz? assuming you had first pick how were all those guys left?

get a decent TE and i think you should kill it IMO

Usually if its a full point per reception you get like 1 point for every 20 yards.

Its all good though.

Its just you got dudes like Randall Cobb scoring more points than Jamal Charles. Its overly friendly to WRs scoring

Nope. PPR. 1pt/10yds still.

Even going by Yahoo Projected stats, Charles is the #6 W/R with 288.59 (only WR above him is CJ and Marshall) and Cobb is the #19 W/R with 257.79.

The idea is generally it's easier to fill a WR spot then a RB spot since RB's are more scarce (decent ones) and adding the 6/-2 for QB's bumps up QB's as well so your strategy will change as well. Should be a fun year as I did change it up for the QB points.

how many times did wilson actually fumble last season tho? I remember it being blown out of proportion, at least in his nfl career

Back
Top Bottom