OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

They are just a little more fun when there are more categories to score in. Or your players get bonuses for reaching game milestones.

Im not gonna slander straight standard leagues. But I have more fun and talk more trash in non standard leagues because outcomes are a little less predictable. I stopped playing standard like 3 years ago.

Last edited:
^I actually stopped playing PPR or 6 pt for pass TDs leagues, because of the unpredictability :lol:

I mean, in my 16 team league we have small bonuses for milestones like 100/200 rushing/rec yards or 300/400 passing yards, 50+ yd scoring plays, etc, just to make things a little more interesting, but its more standard than PPR or 6 pts/pass tds.

I need a fantasy football money league invite! Hopefully around $25-$50. 12 team IDP. Or I'm willing to commish. Anyone down?

to those complaining about the "unpredictability" of fantasy sports...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

That's literally the point...

you're taking a chance on every pick...

6 pts a passing/rushing/receiving TD in my eyes is "standard" because that's how much it's worth in the NFL. It also puts a slight boost in the QB position. The notion of "hey QB's aren't important in fantasy and shouldn't be drafted early" is only something "experts" say.

Once you start shifting your league and settings, you allow yourself to try new strategies, you allow yourself to take chances and formulate a team you haven't had before. Following a formula is all well in good, but I'd much rather be the guy who reinvents the wheel when it comes to the boring, vanilla standard stuff people are use to.

Then you throw in PPR, don't understand why people don't like it. You now put emphasis on the QB AND WR.

The idea that WR is a deep position is a FARCE....EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

There are 5 ELITE WRs, and about 20 more good ones. After that...you are crossing your fingers and praying things work out. And thus in PPR...you have a decision...do I take a Brandon Marshall or wait...risk not having an elite WR and lower my projections in PPR.

Fantasy Football is THE MOST unpredictable of any fantasy sports. Baseball and basketball you are playing daily. Football everything leads up to a mere 60 mins once a week. And every position is relied on another...QB needs his WR not to drop passes, RB is relied on the O coordinator giving him the ball, WR needs the QB to target him etc etc etc.

It's a crap shoot.

but that's what makes it fun.

and if you're not having fun...why play?

and if you're playing in a standard league - you're bound to be bored - and when you're bored you're not having fun.

Regards,

Dave

=]

to those complaining about the "unpredictability" of fantasy sports...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

That's literally the point...

you're taking a chance on every pick...
THIS.

I want to keep the unpredictability to just sports.

No need to add non-sense variables to PPR or weird scoring, in an already unpredictable projections based game.

your post was probably directed at me, but I feel like we are on the same page in some weird way :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Until this year my league was doing 20-yards/1 point for both receivers and runningbacks. :lol:

I won in 2012 and 2008 though. :smokin

have a good weekend folks...enjoy the preseason games and don't put too much stock into what you see.

Alright guys gotta question for you. I'm in this new money keeper league with some friends, and I replaced a guy who ended up not playing this year. Here's the thing, the guy doesn't have a 3rd or 4th round pick. So I want to know how would you guys draft in the first and second round? The keeper that I have this year is Arian Foster. The league only plays 1 rb but 2 flex (rb, wr, te). Should I draft QB then WR, or RB then QB? I have the 10th pick out of 16. Any help is appreciated it.

Alright guys gotta question for you. I'm in this new money keeper league with some friends, and I replaced a guy who ended up not playing this year. Here's the thing, the guy doesn't have a 3rd or 4th round pick. So I want to know how would you guys draft in the first and second round? The keeper that I have this year is Arian Foster. The league only plays 1 rb but 2 flex (rb, wr, te). Should I draft QB then WR, or RB then QB? I have the 10th pick out of 16. Any help is appreciated it.

Why dont you have a 3rd or a 4th? You kept 1 player why lose 2 picks??

I'd grab another RB and a QB and then stock up on wrs and rbs

Who should I pick #2 overall? .5 bonus per reception. I'm leaning towards D. Martin.... The thought of passing on Ray Rice, Arian and J Charles freaks me out.

Last edited:
Why dont you have a 3rd or a 4th? You kept 1 player why lose 2 picks??

I'd grab another RB and a QB and then stock up on wrs and rbs

This league I'm in has been going on for a few years, so the guy actually traded away some draft picks for players in the previous seasons.

does anyone remember the site that was posted last year where you can type in your teams players and a program will generate a score of how well you drafted? not sure if i found it through this site or another forum but it was somewhat helpful in analyzing position depth and draft analysis

Back
Top Bottom