**Official 2013 Grammy Awards Thread Feb. 10, 2013**

I'm watching with my mom who has no idea who he is, during his performance she goes "Why did he choose this song? Didn't he have anything better?"
I have to imagine a lot of people who were unfamiliar with him were probably thinking the same thing.

It's sad cause dude is a dope artist with a great catalogue, but that was not a very good "coming out" performance for him (no pun intended)

He cant sing very well , thats really what it comes down to.
He is doing that lounge singer vibe and his vocals are lacking and nasal.
And then he started whistling ,it was tragic
He is a good writer though.

I dont have to know your prior works to become a fan.
That dude rihanna sang with; I dont know any of his works
But from his voice alone, I will be googling him.

Hov = cornball brother for that
what he do? 
roll.gif

Really Jay; really?

Dude is such a scumbag.

:smh:

Actually incredibly necessary. Dude chumped Frank Ocean like he was a child. Jay was standing back watching the whole interaction and basically ******* on Dream for ******** on Frank. If anyone is a sucker in that interaction its dream. Look how the dude is dressed for the Grammy's! Dude has on a Boys in the Hood hat and a parental advisory beenie. Yall aren't really good at spotting sucka *** nighas out I see.
On the j lo gif with Drake and them peep Beyonce and Jay z's body language. Beyonce is uncomfortable as hell because she knows j lo looks good(her eyes quickly look away and return) and her dude is next to her thinking the same thing. Jay z is very uncomfortable as well so he is displaying disinterest by fixing his collar and probably whispering a negative remark in Beyonces ear to create dissonance. If you don't study or have studied human body language all of this may seem like a reach but remember these people are just human. I learned 3 things in that gif alone. J lo has and always will use award shows as a way to stay relevant(she will be the 65 year old woman at the grammys with her **** out in 20 years). Drake is an incredibly ordinary guy that despite all the criticism( I'm not a fan myself) is actually comfortable being himself even tho he comes off as a lame. Jay z and Beyonce despite all the money and fame have an incredibly normal marriage with insecurity and all.

Oh, and Prince is legitimately one of the baddest ************* to ever grace the modern world. His walk and confidence are not "entertainment". That motha****a literally fused masculine and feminine energy into one. He is the epitome of player pimp.

Wtf @ Miguel's performance? Why do artists do this ****? Dude could have killed it but he comes out acapella with Wiz crip walking then performs another version of the song. I don't get these artists b.

I stopped watching once Revenge came on and missed the one performance I wanted to see.

How were the Alabama Shakes?

Actually incredibly necessary. Dude chumped Frank Ocean like he was a child. Jay was standing back watching the whole interaction and basically ******* on Dream for ******** on Frank. If anyone is a sucker in that interaction its dream. Look how the dude is dressed for the Grammy's! Dude has on a Boys in the Hood hat and a parental advisory beenie. Yall aren't really good at spotting sucka *** nighas out I see.
On the j lo gif with Drake and them peep Beyonce and Jay z's body language. Beyonce is uncomfortable as hell because she knows j lo looks good(her eyes quickly look away and return) and her dude is next to her thinking the same thing. Jay z is very uncomfortable as well so he is displaying disinterest by fixing his collar and probably whispering a negative remark in Beyonces ear to create dissonance. If you don't study or have studied human body language all of this may seem like a reach but remember these people are just human. I learned 3 things in that gif alone. J lo has and always will use award shows as a way to stay relevant(she will be the 65 year old woman at the grammys with her **** out in 20 years). Drake is an incredibly ordinary guy that despite all the criticism( I'm not a fan myself) is actually comfortable being himself even tho he comes off as a lame. Jay z and Beyonce despite all the money and fame have an incredibly normal marriage with insecurity and all.

Oh, and Prince is legitimately one of the baddest ************* to ever grace the modern world. His walk and confidence are not "entertainment". That motha****a literally fused masculine and feminine energy into one. He is the epitome of player pimp.
Bruh...really?

mean.gif

I know its music and everyone has a different opinion. But Mumford and Sons.....album of the year?
The band has 0 musical variety. Every song sounds the same (granted subjective but you get it). I literally think every other album should have won over it.

El Camino, Blunderbuss, Some Nights, and Channel Orange....are all superior works of art to me.

I know its music and everyone has a different opinion. But Mumford and Sons.....album of the year?
The band has 0 musical variety. Every song sounds the same (granted subjective but you get it). I literally think every other album should have won over it.

El Camino, Blunderbuss, Some Nights, and Channel Orange....are all superior works of art to me.

I'm a huge Mumford and Sons fan, said as soon as I finished listening to their album that it sounded exactly the same as the first one.

I would of been okay if The Black Keys won, haven't listened to Blunderbuss. but Some Nights and Channel Orange weren't all that good to me to win.

Franks VMA performance was good.

I don't think this one was was bad at all honestly and the set up he had was great.

He just seemed nervous. But hell, first grammy's? And performing? Yeah I'd be nervous too.

He will be aight. I'm sure he's not worried.
No it wasn't. He took a lot of heat for his inability to perform live then as well. I don't know what you guys are hearing when you say its good. His performance yesterday was cringe worthy.

Stillin, what's with all of the slick comments to people who are "close minded" as you like to call it. Some people aren't feeling that type of music. We get it, you're a music elitist. Get over yourself.

And that was a ho move by Jay. Plain and simple. You cock gobblers won't think it was though. You don't belittle someone in front of an international stage especially as the man who has generated your wife a lot of money in writing her songs.

Beyonce always look ******ed when it has nothing to do with a performance. Screams special ed.

Last edited:

Jay-Z fans are so weird.... How closely were you watching this guy all night?

Back
Top Bottom