Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey_

Hey_

Lost in all these recent big man signings,

is the plausibility Oden ends up in Miami.

Julius F. Wrek

Thought that was the most likely scenario from the beginning.

What about Birdman, don't think I heard any news about him? Heat definitely have to bring him back after what he did for them.

That's the thing.

News has been quiet on the Birdman returning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped him (or/and Jarvis Varnado) entirely.

Julius F. Wrek

1. Kyrie/Jack
2. Waiters/Jack/Karasev
3. Clark/Gee/Bennett
4. Bennett/Tristan/Zeller
5. Bynum/Varejao/Zeller

Potentially STUPID depth.

And notice the 3 spot. :nerd: :lol:

If (IF) Bynum is 2/3 of what he used to be, this is the 5th - 6th seed.

And that 3 spot. 
nerd.gif

HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH!!!!!

all that matters. Kyrie/Varejao/Bynum? need to be healthy.

Team has potential tho.. very excited.

In my eyes 5th or 6th is unrealistic but 7th or 8th is. Cavs do have potential, tho i think defense is gonna hold them back

Jack and Varejao would have to be the best 1+2 combo off the bench in the L, no?

Best backup PG in the league in my eyes and a guy who was giving you 14/14 last year.

Not to mention Tristan or Bennett (whoever doesn't start).

So much versatility with that potential Cavs roster.

And yes, the 3 is a very obvious weakness.

Last edited:
Yeah, Cleveland isn't going to be happy if they expect Clark or Bennett to play 3 consistently. I'll never understand why teams try and throw these 6'10 guys with shaky handles/speed and put them at 3 when they're MUCH better off causing mismatches at 4.

That's the thing.

News has been quiet on the Birdman returning.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped him (or/and Jarvis Varnado) entirely.

Julius F. Wrek

There is no way Miami doesn't bring him back after the production he gave them. I mean even if they get Greg Oden, they can't be sure that he can still play plus with his history of injuries. It would be insane not to have Birdman as a safety blanket in case Oden doesn't pan out.

The salaries shouldn't be an issue as he is still going to collect $4M from the Nuggets anyways due to the amnesty provision.

Yeah, Cleveland isn't going to be happy if they expect Clark or Bennett to play 3 consistently. I'll never understand why teams try and throw these 6'10 guys with shaky handles/speed and put them at 3 when they're MUCH better off causing mismatches at 4.

This is so true Bennett will be a bust if he plays te 3 and i feel if he doesnt play right away cleveland fans will be shaky seeing as they took him number 1

That Cavs team would have a ton of if's as far as health is concerned but IF all their main players stayed healthy that squad could be serious. And all their lacking is a real starter at the 3. I see what you did there, Dan Gilbert....

^THAT

maybe give Birdman an offer he can't refuse and somehow convince Gilbert Arenas or Marbury to leave China??

Pelicans owner Tom Benson has told the front office that the team needs to take a significant step forward this season, according to several sources around the league. That would help to explain their sizable commitment to Tyreke Evans this summer.
:smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom