Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please guys..do not set Golden State up for failure with the over the top comments like some of you did Denver. Best team in the West? :lol:

Iguodala must have this effect on teams. Where ever he goes, that team becomes the "team to beat". They need to find out who's getting the backup guard minutes. When you have a player who gets injured as much as Curry, you need a guy that's capable of stepping in unless they run a position-less offense with Iguodala handling the ball.

You are looking at a team with a great starting five, but very injury prone and a bench of Barnes / Green / Ezeli / Speights. Nother other ball handlers outside of Curry and Iguodala on the team. They will be extremely fun to watch, but I would hold on the best team/2nd best team stuff. I think they are a 4-5 seed.

Last edited:
^I agree, you also got spurs who signed another 3 point threat in Belinelli, grizzlies team with a top 3 center in Gasol, even Houston with the duo of Harden/Howard with Asik at the frontcourt. Needless to say, West is going to be a blood bath
This is all subjective and based on what I see on paper for the most part. I'll go into what I think about OKC below since Victor Page also asked, but I still think the Clippers suck, Doc or no Doc. Their second and third best players are some of the most offensively limted players in the league, theres only so much Chris Paul can do. Theyre still around the 5th best team mark and if they have to play Memphis or any of the teams in my top 4 they will lose. I have to see what Dwight Howard looks like under Kevin before I make a true judgement of them. I'm hoping that they slow the tempo down a lot now that they have him and actually post him and run some PnR.
There is no way a "healthy" Golden State with Andre Iguodala just leap frogs all those teams and become the 2nd best team in the West.

OKC has two superstars on their team...if they never replace James Harden...they will still be a 1-2 seed year in and year out. I'd put GSW in the discussion for 3-5 but "definitely" 2nd?

No way.
Yeah "healthy" definitely deserves to have quotes around it. They have two players with nagging injuries and whether or not David Lee comes back and plays up to par is still an unanswered question but I still have them at second. I dont like the makeup of OKCs roster outside of Durant and Westbrook, espeically with Harden and now Martin gone. They have two 24+PPG scorers and then everyone else struggles to score 10 points. They'll never get far like this, and its been said a hundred times but Scott Brooks is terrible.

Damn, still no deal for Nate

the deal fam wants isnt out there...i kinda expect him to come back to the chi

any team that can give him the multi yr deal he wants & pay him is a bottom feeder...no contender will do it IMO

also hes been passed around so to say & Thibs has been the only coach to keep him focused & get the most out of him

so unless he wants to start for the cats & get free jordan PE's im thinking he will come back to the red n blk table to talk turkey

Last edited:
I told ya'll Nate wasn't going to get paid. 

Ya'll thought a few out of this world performances in the playoffs was going to trick someone into giving him some major dough.

The book is out on Nate...he'll always have a job but nobody is going to give him big bucks to do it.

The nbapls jersey names always get me

Hornut, Sper

roll.gif

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure those incentives are just things like "He can play games"

Also, John Wall and Faried are in ESPN's The Body issue this year.

I thought GSW overachieved badly last season. I think they'll either take a step back or stay around the same spot. Iggy is gonna hurt their spacing. I don't trust their bigs - David lee is terrible on D and Bogut is never healthy. Landry and Jack were huge parts of the offense at different times during the year. Curry is gonna have a bullseye on him after the playoffs and his health is always a question. Should be interesting though.

only yao could make tmac look short.

i would chill on the gsw hype.  i dont think people realize how important Jack was to that team

Great offer for the Cavs, if Bynum does well it'd be that much more of enticing for LeBron to consider going back next summer.

If he stinks, they'll just let him go since the second year isn't guaranteed.

Bynum better take it, no team can trust those knees. He needs to prove himself.

GSW lost Landry and Jack, who were basically their bench. So who's going to back up Steph?
I'm interested in seeing how they fill out that roster.

I've heard that Bynum has Brandon Roy knees which is no joke at 7 feet. He might seem like he doesn't care but he might really not be able to play - which is why he doesn't care. Someone described it in very bleak terms - midseason last year he wasn't really rehabbing, he was looking for a miracle cute. That's a terrible sign. Good signing but I worry for his future

I think we can expect Iguodala to play a lot of point forward when Curry (briefly) rests during games. Hell, Iguodala will probably have the ball in his hands with Curry on the court like Jack did.

GSW lost Landry and Jack, who were basically their bench. So who's going to back up Steph?
This. I can't get on the GSW bandwagon because they pretty much lost their bench. Plus Rush is gone. Are we going to see Bazemore play more minutes? lol

My guess is Bazemore gets a chance...starts with SL and the practices to see if he can run an offense.

I'm sure they're looking for another backup PG - but with their draft pick's status unknown, Bazemore being an unknown as well there's just a lot of moving parts.

Golden State has really young players just by them getting better they can make the leap and they added Iggy.

OKC did it 3 years ago why can't Golden State?

Outside of backup center what flaws does Golden State have?

dwight howard is an idiot for choosing houston over the warriors. that ***** really aint about winning

coward was probably scared of oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom