Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. The irony of a Cav's fan saying this. Bright future, but come on. Both of those squads made the playoffs last year. Bynum and Horford would be a nice *** frontcourt. 

This Cavs team would literally be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the Hawks in terms of which team is more entertaining, skilled.

Don't kid yourself bruh.

I think we can expect Iguodala to play a lot of point forward when Curry (briefly) rests during games. Hell, Iguodala will probably have the ball in his hands with Curry on the court like Jack did.
yup.. let iggy run the point forward, then put curry and klay in the wings.. iggy can run a 2 man game with barnes or with lee.. then you can always kick out to klay or steph

and this will be good for whenever curry's ankle is acting up, he can just relax and be a spot up shooter

damn b roy knees :wow: ....

:nerd:

what are you referring/looking at

I've heard that Bynum has Brandon Roy knees which is no joke at 7 feet. He might seem like he doesn't care but he might really not be able to play - which is why he doesn't care. Someone described it in very bleak terms - midseason last year he wasn't really rehabbing, he was looking for a miracle cute. That's a terrible sign. Good signing but I worry for his future

This Cavs team would literally be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the Hawks in terms of which team is more entertaining, skilled.

Don't kid yourself bruh.
The Hawks have lost Josh Smith and Teague so far in Free Agency, it's not like you're saying much. Not sure what your comment has to do with Bynum and Horford being a really good frontcourt, and better than anyone that the Cavs can pair him with right now.

Last edited:
It is funny how Marc just leap frogged his bro Pau like that.

Dude was a second round pick that the lakers didnt give a **** about.

Last edited:
I actually think Curry is more dangerous with the ball than off the ball. Great defenses should have an easier time containing him and Klay coming off screens if Iguodala is going to have most of the ball handling duties. I'm sure no team is fearing a one on one matchup with Iguodala. But, that's not my main concern with the team. My main concern is their injury history and bench.

Its literally Curry, Klay and all forwards/centers on the roster. If Curry or Klay goes down, its over. The benefit of having Jack last season was not only to help Curry play off the ball, but he was another guard that could give Curry rest when needed. We saw how tired Curry was in the playoffs. And not only was Jack a guard that could give Curry rest, but he also was a 40% 3 point shooter.

I actually think Curry is more dangerous with the ball than off the ball. Great defenses should have an easier time containing him and Klay coming off screens if Iguodala is going to have most of the ball handling duties. I'm sure no team is fearing a one on one matchup with Iguodala. But, that's not my main concern with the team. My main concern is their injury history and bench.

Its literally Curry, Klay and all forwards/centers on the roster. If Curry or Klay goes down, its over. The benefit of having Jack last season was not only to help Curry play off the ball, but he was another guard that could give Curry rest when needed. We saw how tired Curry was in the playoffs. And not only was Jack a guard that could give Curry rest, but he also was a 40% 3 point shooter.

The Hawks have lost Josh Smith and Teague so far in Free Agency, it's not like you're saying much. Not sure what your comment has to do with Bynum and Horford being a really good frontcourt, and better than anyone that the Cavs can pair him with right now.

This dude just said Bynum and Horford are a better pair than anyone the Cavs can put around him..?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My God.

Last edited:
GS should sign Nate for that 1 year to back up Curry's ankles. Did he already play there? I swear dude is going to have been on atleast half the teams in the L before he hangs it up

This dude just said Bynum and Hoford are a better pair than anyone on the Cavs right now..?

Bynum though...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My God.
You should re-read what I said. Better frontcourt pair, of course assuming Bynum is healthy, which is undeniable. You think Waiters is a future star, so I don't even know why I engaged.

I actually think Curry is more dangerous with the ball than off the ball.
Easily.

Which is why I think the notion of him not being a "lead guard" is absurd. With the ball in his hand...you not only have to worry about him scoring but he's also going to create scoring opportunities for others.

only yao could make tmac look short.

i would chill on the gsw hype.  i dont think people realize how important Jack was to that team
i think people dont realize jack has been balling for years. Since Raptors, hornets, and warriors days..... jack always putting up numbers where he goes.

GS should sign Nate for that 1 year to back up Curry's ankles. Did he already play there? I swear dude is going to have been on atleast half the teams in the L before he hangs it up

nah they had him & monta & let him walk without 2nd guessing it..doubt they bring him back again

am i missing any team for nate

knicks
celtics
warriors
thunder
bulls
???

& thats the correct order too if im not mistaken

I think we can expect Iguodala to play a lot of point forward when Curry (briefly) rests during games. Hell, Iguodala will probably have the ball in his hands with Curry on the court like Jack did.
This is what I expect to see. At first I wasnt too happy with the signing, I loved what Jack and Landry brought to that roster, even with Jack always going to into Hero Mode during the end of games, but now I'm starting to come around. Iggy will do a lot for them in terms of ball handling and development for Barnes. Hes got the tools to be a premier perimeter defender and now hes got someone to learn from.

They did draft a guy but I do see what you're saying. If they could get someone like Teague or Nate for cheap I would have no problem with it.

Last edited:
Nate would be a great back up PG in Miami. Amnesty Mike Miller/ Joel Anthony and do it Pat!
semi srs

Last edited:
You guys act like Andre Iguadala can't play play point gaurd for long stretches, he can replicate exactly what Jack brought except with elite defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom