Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

This Ratliff guy never gets rid of the ball. :lol: Great blitzing...or the QB makes it too easy lol.

Helu/Crawford REALLY helped themselves tonight.

I think Kevin Barnes was traded because of Crawford's emergence.

RBs:

Morris, Helu, Hightower

WRs:

Garcon, Moss, Hankerson, Morgan, Robinson, Briscoe or Banks

Deuce and JJ just agree to disagree guys and keep it moving. Yall are going to be going at it for 17 weeks this season otherwise.....there will be plenty to debate during the year no need to yap about Portis and Cooley.

Ok...banks earned his spot.

Out of all the WRs, who goes? Not for nothing, Josh Morgan has been the most unimpressive....he's been battling injuries, so that's a huge factor.

Brandon Banks is not making this WR decision any easier on Shanahan.

Watch...the Skins will cut him, some other team will sign him and he will burn the Skins this year by returning a punt for a TD on them. :smh:

I'm thinking if you keep BB, then no Aldrick. I really want/hope Briscoe makes it though. I have this feeling he can be huge for this team in the future.

I disagree with you about Morgan. He has been pretty realible to make catches and blocks well.

Last edited:
Brandon Banks is not making this WR decision any easier on Shanahan.
Watch...the Skins will cut him, some other team will sign him and he will burn the Skins this year by returning a punt for a TD on them. :smh:

Agreed.

I'm thinking if you keep BB, then no Aldrick. I really want/hope Briscoe makes it though. I have this feeling he can be huge for this team in the future.
I disagree with you about Morgan. He has been pretty realible to make catches and blocks well.

With you on the fact if they keep BB, Aldrick is toast.

In regards to Morgan, he's a lock to make the team....but I think some of the nagging injuries he's been battling have hindered his play a bit.

As far as being unimpressive - Leonard Hankerson. Dude had the #2 spot primed for the taking and didn't really do much to establish himself from the rest of the pack.

Deuce and JJ just agree to disagree guys and keep it moving.

ur 100% right.

Last edited:
Deuce and JJ just agree to disagree guys and keep it moving. Yall are going to be going at it for 17 weeks this season otherwise.....there will be plenty to debate during the year no need to yap about Portis and Cooley.

No doubt. I'll give [COLOR=#red]DoubleJ's[/COLOR] a pass...............................for now. Besides, I see he edited his post even after I saw it so in the end he did the right thing. We're all family here :D.

That what's good, yall both seem like good people.

What's everyone's thoughts on Cundiff? He seemed exactly as advertised last night. 3/4.....75% inaccurate from longer distances. Gano will probably sign else where and start beasting as well.

For once the ******** actually have tough decisions with the roster spots, before they seemed to have help wanted ads on Craigslist or something.

http://www2.insidenova.com/sports/2012/aug/30/2/richmond-narrow-********-sites-2-today-ar-2161219/

I think the Skins training camp in Richmond will be a good change. I liked it when the Wizards used to be down there too.

I wouldn't pick Banks over any of the guys who can play WR. It's tough because you just don't know if BB will be his 2010 self or 2011 self over the long term. Whatever call Mike makes, i'll trust.

Last edited:
If it's between Banks and Hankerson, who should we keep?

Hankerson.

There are guys on this roster who can return kicks and bring added value (if need be) to other positions. Richard Crawford/Alderick Robinson/Santana Moss/etc come to mind. Banks did have a down year last year, so I get why Shanahan put pressure on him to contribute in other areas outside of ST.

If it's not a trick play or having Banks run a fly, what else does he bring to the table outside of special teams?

*Wouldn't happen, but I would have liked to have seen Anthony Armstrong get a shot returning kicks. Supposedly the fastest guy on the team.

Banks made the team.
Hightower released.
They are trying to trade Anthony Armstrong to Miami for Steve Slaton.

These are the cuts so far
OFFENSE

QB Jonathan Crompton
RB Tim Hightower
RB Tristan Davis
WR Terrence Austin
OL Tom Compton
OL Eric Cook
OL Grant Garner
OL Willie Smith

DEFENSE

DE Doug Worthington
NT Delvin Johnson
NT Marlon Favorite
LB Bryan Kehl
LB Brian McNally
DB Travon Bellamy
DB Brandyn Thompson

1067 says Aldrick has made the roster too. Not feeling good about Briscoe's chances with Banks and Aldrick on the team. :/

These are the cuts so far
OFFENSE
QB Jonathan Crompton
RB Tim Hightower
RB Tristan Davis
WR Terrence Austin
OL Tom Compton
OL Eric Cook
OL Grant Garner
OL Willie Smith
DEFENSE
DE Doug Worthington
NT Delvin Johnson
NT Marlon Favorite
LB Bryan Kehl
LB Brian McNally
DB Travon Bellamy
DB Brandyn Thompson
1067 says Aldrick has made the roster too. Not feeling good about Briscoe's chances with Banks and Aldrick on the team. :/

If Thompson clears waivers, I bet he winds up on the PS. Didn't see Hightower coming. Whoa.

Also, if this deal goes down for Slaton, that means it's curtains for Royster, right?

*Helu looked DAMN good the other night. I think Morris is our starter to begin the year, but if Helu can stay healthy, he's going to be #1 on the depth chart in a few weeks. I trust Shanny when it comes to RBs.

Yeah Shanahan has no depth chart on RBs. The best man running gets the nod as he did in Denver when they were pumping out quality backs.

Back
Top Bottom