Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Tenard Jackson suspended by the league per 980.

This would be his third substance abuse suspension in his career meaning he's banned from football.

SMFH this guy was penciled to start and the dropoff is big from the others in talent.

Tenard Jackson suspended by the league per 980.
This would be his third substance abuse suspension in his career meaning he's banned from football.
SMFH this guy was penciled to start and the dropoff is big from the others in talent.

Doublej's called it in the other thread :smh:

Doublej's called it in the other thread :smh:

So disappointing. Can't come back till something like April, 2013. SMH.

Dude was BEASTING this preseason. I have no clue what Shanahan is going to do with the DBs. Team is ridiculously weak. Might end up seeing Reed Doughty start :x

Final Cuts
Anthony Armstrong
Dorson Boyce FB
Markus White LB
David Jones CB
Darion Scott DL

I suppose they will look for a safety or other positions...so the 53 is not totally set.

So disappointing. Can't come back till something like April, 2013. SMH.
Dude was BEASTING this preseason. I have no clue what Shanahan is going to do with the DBs. Team is ridiculously weak. Might end up seeing Reed Doughty start :x

oh god no :x Doughty sucks!

WEWON WON WON WON WON WON WON!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL HAHAH! HAIL TO THE ********!!!! :smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

Last edited:
2vhum8w.jpg

Hell of a game today. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire 2nd half. Seemed like time stood still :lol:

Here are my pros/cons from the game.

Pros:

Alfred Morris - Showed why Shanny listed him #1 on the depth chart.
DeAngelo Hall - Only heard his name once....and that was when he sacked Brees.
Alderick Robinson - Filled in nicely for Garcon. Made some tough catches, too
RGIII - 'nuff said.
Ryan Kerrigan - dude was unblockable
Billy Cundiff - 4/4
O-Line - :pimp:
DeJon Gomes - looking like the UF version of Reggie Nelson
Stephen Bowen - BEAST
Reed Doughty - didn't do ****, but got an INT. I'll give u ur props homie
Shanahans - Dad/Son did their thing today. Had the saints off balanced w/ a hell of a gameplan
Josh Wilson/Ced Griffin - props on keeping the saints WRs contained for the most part. Not an easy task.

Cons:

Madieu Williams - Giving up the TD on 4th and 10 and the bone headed PF in the 4th.
Danny Smith - Fire him. NOW.
BRandon Banks - get him off of ST....2 fumbles SMH

Off to STL next week...let's get it!

Nice start to the season, I was don't think anyone expected the Skins to come out and drop 40 points on the Saints. Shoot, they didn't even hit 30 points all last season!

I'm not getting too hyped on this as it is just one game, but it is very promising for the future. :smokin

great overall performance by the ********, we need to work on that special team punt protection tho smh...

that RG3 and alfred morris fellas..not too shabby :pimp:

Yeah I can't rock with the Junkies either, I was listening to Monday Morning QB a bit as well. I guess they were shocked at just how well RG III played as was the majority of folks.

The NFL is all about adjustments though. Now folks have a full game of NFL RG III on tape, and it will be good to see how the Skins react to teams taking away something RG III does good.

The only thing that would have made Sunday better was if the game was in Dallas.

High Fives everyone!!

Thoughts:

- I thought we benefited for once from some luck. Colston fumble and that 50+ yard pass interference call (kinda wasn't interference lol).
- Rg3 looked good
- Alfred Morris TD run when he was met in the hole by Witherspoon and he basically hit him pushed him to the side and fell in for the TD :smokin
- D-line/Linebackers created a lot of pressure all game Orakpo knocking down passes
- Thank you Baltimore for giving us a Pro-Bowl Kicker. It is the most under appreciated position but Cundiff was a monster for us.

I worry about our DBs. I don't think they perform that well week to week. But if we maintain a pass rush perhaps it can hide some of those flaws. Either way it just feels good to see a future for the first time in a long time.
Our Special Teams need to get better too. Punt blocked and banks muffin everything back there

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure Kyle and Mike are just scratching the surface on what they have planned for RGIII.

RG III gives Kyle Shanahan so much flexibility/versatility with the play calling. I agree, I saw plays being called yesterday that no Skins QB has ever been able to do. And he avoided numerous sacks that if we still had Jason Campbell or Rex Grossman in there would have resulted in big hits, sacks or fumbles.

I like Morris for the fact of he is always moving forward. I think I only saw him take one hit or run for a loss and although he didn't have any huge plays, he kept those 3-5 yard gains coming late in to the game that set us up for productive 2nd and 6 and 3rd and short opportunities.

Saints had an 8 game home win streak, but the Skins played NO tough the last two times they linked up.

Anybody watch STL play? I just saw the updates/score against Detroit and the final looked pretty competitive. Did the Rams play that good or did the Lions play that bad?

Thoughts on this weeks game?

Back
Top Bottom