Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

You're censoring a word, but ******** is emblazoned on the front of the jersey. I mean, is it a ban-worthy offense to post ******** apparrel even though the word is deemed offensive? This is what I'm getting at, Meth. Same deal with the Cleveland Indians or Fighting Irish. I personally think it's a slippery slope. I have no issue with censoring the word, but for members who post pics of themselves in gear or with players who have "********." This is your site
As of 9/5, someone else can run this thread....I'll be done posting anything relating to the Skins in here if you're serious about the alternate name going in the thread title (which I think you are). I'll keep whatever football discussion I have involving the ******** to the NFL Season Thread.
Good call. Matter fact, I'll just post elsewhere. Millions of other places to talk football/********. Meth you enjoy YOUR forum. Community? Right.
It's not YOUR forum, either.  You have to share it with many different people.  That's what community IS.  We voluntarily limit our freedom to create an environment where we can all feel safe and welcome.  This is a tiny, tiny sacrifice. 

Who are the victims here?  People who can no longer use a slur to describe a football team?  That's a minor inconvenience compared to browsing a forum where people are constantly throwing out a name that insults you and undermines your human dignity.  

We've always prohibited the use of slurs on our forums.  Frankly, it's about damned time we applied that rule to this, too.  Refusing to honor the team's offensive name hasn't prevented journalists from covering the team and it won't prevent interested fans from talking sports on NT.  

If you're so dead set on using an offensive word that you'd rather post elsewhere in order to do so, that's perfectly fine.  I'm more than willing to lose a little business over this.  It's the right thing to do.  

The name WILL change in time and I'd rather see our community be on the right side of history than hold out until the bitter end in defense of something so blatantly wrong.

Fine. I would have thought after almost a decade of being a member and others regulars who have been here longer would equate to you at LEAST respecting this thread but it's nice to know all I essentially am to you is a "little business lost."

Oh and You keep thinking the name will change just because the Basketball team, who will NEVER matter as much to this area like the ******** have/do, changed it's name. I'll enjoy the rest of my life in the meantime. Enjoy your forum. Good day.

Last edited:
Was only able to watch the 1st quarter. hopefully, I'll catch a replay tomorrow. Helu looked good and so did the rest of the offense.

Fine. I would have thought after almost a decade of being a member and others regulars who have been here longer would equate to you at LEAST respecting this thread but it's nice to know all I essentially am to you is a "little business lost."

Oh and You keep thinking the name will change just because the Basketball team, who will NEVER matter as much to this area like the ******** have/do, changed it's name. I'll enjoy the rest of my life in the meantime. Enjoy your forum. Good day.
And I'd have thought that you'd at LEAST show more respect to the collective dignity of over 2.9 million people than the name of a football team.

We aren't asking much here. I value each and every member who's participated in our forums - but I don't value your "right" to use a slur over someone else's right not to be subjected to it.

Bye.

Rex actually looked solid :lol:. I don't like how Chris Thompson has put the ball on the ground in both pre-season games he's played in, but he did show a nice spark on punt returns which we'll need now since Richard Crawford is out for the year. Fred Davis and Jordan Reed are gonna be a problem :pimp:

Can't wait for September 9th! Hail to the ********!

^ In there. 6 rows behind the skins bench
nthat.gif

Documentary was super cool. Its crazy that he is only 23....kid strikes me as a 30 year old in the way he carries himself and just how well spoken he is.

I just hope he comes back 100%. I heard Jaws make comments on he isn't planting well on the back foot and his mechanics are off and he is worried.....but that was all critique from pre game warm ups before the buffalo game. I am assuming if he gets out there for week 1 he will be ready to go.

You still don't get it do you champ??  You pretty much just turned your back on the Skins fans in HERE, meaning this very thread..........do as you so desire however. 

What's there to get? Is my absence going to make/break this thread? No. This is not the only place where people discuss the ********, DK. You know this. You make it seem like I have to post in here. :lol:

Don't care either way, but you have 24% of the posts in this thread. Next closest is ~10. Then everyone else less than 1%.
This thread would definitely be a ghost town if you stopped posting.

I also think you'd lean to love the Cicadas nickname if you gave it a chance. I love it..think it's dope.

Go Wizards!

The ******** of Washington took on the Buccaneers of Tampa Bay.
The ******** triumphed by kicking an oblong pigskin ball through a big "H".
It was a ripping victory

We are preseason monsters :lol: best preseason team in the league

Excited to see RG3 back out there but tempering my expectations. Not a lot of practice time i don't know what kind of chemistry he will have with the WRs. Defense last night was looking great though (yeah i know against a rookie gb in Glennon) But pick for Amerson and Rambo looked solid

Looks like we're keeping 4 qbs

Trade Pat White to the Bills for a 2014 3rd round pick. :lol: :tongue:

Took a half day at work off on 9/9 to watch the Hometeam ******** play the eagles..excited for our season to start :smokin

Back
Top Bottom