Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Monday night football
nthat.gif

i hope we win because its a national stage game. Don't want to get embarrassed
You spoke too soon champ. 

Gruden made a good point. If shanny goes, rg will go with him also.

Who ever heads them wont use Bobby in their system.

Can't wait for the offseason.
So you trade three first round picks for a guy just to give up on him when the over-the-hill coach gets canned? Stay in the booth, Gruden.

******** emailed me:

On Sunday, the Washington ******** host the New York Giants on Sunday Night Football. This is going to be the fifth primetime game for the ******** this season. As a Season Ticket Holder, you have an opportunity to purchase additional tickets to the ********-Giants game on Sunday, December 1st at 8:30 pm. Due to Visiting team/Sponsor Ticket Returns, a limited number of tickets including Lower Level are available. Ticket prices start at $92.40 (plus fees). If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the game, click here.

LOLOLOL

I think there's going to be a bad turnout Sunday night. If there's one thing Snyder hates more than getting embarrassed on national television, it's empty seats at FedEx. Attendance of only 78,000+ against the 9ers...I expect there to be a **** ton of Giants fans.

We looked like a legit team there for a little bit in the first half :lol:

So much for that...our o line :x :x :x

I mean... What else can be said? We are a bad team. I knew it would be a tough season but this team continues to get in its own way.

But I did like what I saw from RG (minus that "block" :lol: ). You actually saw him go through his progressions and survey the field. Missed a couple open guys (Helu got behind the coverage for an easy TD after RG broke the pocket).

Let's see how the team responds now that the playoff hopes officially died

Time to hit the reset button....AGAIN

Who's going to want to take over this trainwreck? I actually believe that Shanahan created alot of this mess and of course he wants to deflect all blame like a scumbag.

It needs to be a low key kind of hire. Don't want Gruden or Briles or anyone that has previous relationships with anyone. Start fresh.....

If they bring in Art Briles, it'll be Spurrier 2.0.

Shanny will be back for his final season next year.

I mean do we even have any options? 

Get rid of the Defensive Coordinator and Special Teams. 

18 Mil will somewhat help us. 

Shanahan is not comin back next year dude

Look at the circus that he has created. He poured the gasoline and threw a match on it by benching RGIII.

He wont be back whether by his own choice or Snyder's.

As for new coach, no idea. Whoever it is, it must be low key.

NFL says RGIII actually pretty pissed, and if we do trade Cousins we're only gonna get a 2nd rounder
mean.gif
tired.gif

NFL says RGIII actually pretty pissed, and if we do trade Cousins we're only gonna get a 2nd rounder
mean.gif
tired.gif

and we spent we picked him in the fourth, not a bad deal. Dude isnt the second coming of Brees.

Lovie Smith HC and Terry Shea as OC to Landover. Do it Snyder. 

I am actually excited to see Cousins for the rest of the year. I think RG3 has a higher ceiling obviously and is our clear cut qb of the future...but Kirk in the right offense could be great. He seems to have the talent.

This has been by far the most disappointing season I've ever experienced. As big of a deal as they make over the QB, the rest of the team is just garbage. Defense and special teams has a long way to go before we can actually contend. And while I was wiling to give RG3 a pass since this was his first year back after the injury, that Jason Cole article is discouraging. It'd be one thing if the results were what they are, but he was being humble and diligent about working on his technique and fundamentals and taking instruction well. It seems like that isn't the case.

In the offseason there was that whole mess about the Hooters waitress outing him, and even though that proved to be BS, at the time I didn't really care whether or not it was true. I've always appreciated/cheered for players that were good dudes off the field (like Alfred Morris and Zo Alexander) but I generally don't build up guys as heroes or assume they're saints. Kobe, Mike Tyson and Michael Vick are my favorite athletes :lol: That being said, RG3 bills himself as a humble, hardworking guy who's a great teammate and says all the right things, and a disciplined military kid who's a Christian. Does that mean he's perfect? No, but I'd expect he'd try to practice what he preaches. HE set that standard for himself. So when he's apparently not who he says he is in the locker room or off the field (Hooters chick BS aside, I know for a fact at least one instance since he's been in DC where rumors of him cheating are true) it ruins things a little bit. It may sound corny, and perhaps it's because this is the first time a player like him has represented my team and my city, but I actually feel disappointed, even if I may not have the right to be.

I do feel that much of this crap may be over-exaggerated, the same way it was with Cam (until the team around him got better and his "character" issues magically vanished), maybe I'm more sensitive to it because it's local and the media makes a bigger deal. And if this were all true, but we were 12-2 and he was in the MVP discussion, would I still care? Honestly, probably not, as much as that sucks to admit that winning cures everything. I guess that makes me just as much of a phony. It's a disappointing reality either way. :lol:

This has been by far the most disappointing season I've ever experienced. As big of a deal as they make over the QB, the rest of the team is just garbage. Defense and special teams has a long way to go before we can actually contend. And while I was wiling to give RG3 a pass since this was his first year back after the injury, that Jason Cole article is discouraging. It'd be one thing if the results were what they are, but he was being humble and diligent about working on his technique and fundamentals and taking instruction well. It seems like that isn't the case.

In the offseason there was that whole mess about the Hooters waitress outing him, and even though that proved to be BS, at the time I didn't really care whether or not it was true. I've always appreciated/cheered for players that were good dudes off the field (like Alfred Morris and Zo Alexander) but I generally don't build up guys as heroes or assume they're saints. Kobe, Mike Tyson and Michael Vick are my favorite athletes :lol: That being said, RG3 bills himself as a humble, hardworking guy who's a great teammate and says all the right things, and a disciplined military kid who's a Christian. Does that mean he's perfect? No, but I'd expect he'd try to practice what he preaches. HE set that standard for himself. So when he's apparently not who he says he is in the locker room or off the field (Hooters chick BS aside, I know for a fact at least one instance since he's been in DC where rumors of him cheating are true) it ruins things a little bit. It may sound corny, and perhaps it's because this is the first time a player like him has represented my team and my city, but I actually feel disappointed, even if I may not have the right to be.

I do feel that much of this crap may be over-exaggerated, the same way it was with Cam (until the team around him got better and his "character" issues magically vanished), maybe I'm more sensitive to it because it's local and the media makes a bigger deal. And if this were all true, but we were 12-2 and he was in the MVP discussion, would I still care? Honestly, probably not, as much as that sucks to admit that winning cures everything. I guess that makes me just as much of a phony. It's a disappointing reality either way. :lol:

I don't buy that Cole article, read this on CSN Washington:

"According to the report, Griffin’s “stubbornness was crystallized” during a game when quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur attempted to correct his footwork after an errant throw. The quarterback reportedly brushed off LaFleur’s instruction.

(Note: In the story that was originally posted, Cole reported that this interaction had taken place on the sideline. After it was noted that LaFleur coaches from the booth, not the sideline, the post was revised to say that it was a conversation on the sideline phone.)"

Sounds like some more made up ******** to me. Who knows though with this ******g team :lol:

London Fletcher announced his retirement. He was the only consistent guy through all of these ****** seasons we had, sucks to see him go out like this since he's been a non-factor all year. Regardless, thanks for everything Fletch :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom