OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

adding to the Josh Gordon talk..

should I trade Ball for Gordon?

my WRs are:

-Megatron
-Kendall Wright
-Wes Welker
-Rueben Randle
-Malcom Floyd (dropped Latimer and Scooped him today)

my RBs:
-Ball
-Leveon Bell
-Andre Ellington
-Pierre Thomas
-Sankey

and other players: Matt Ryan, Martellus Bennett, Travis Kelce.

Should I drop gordon?
mean.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
Are you crazy??????????? Lol but seriously no, one day of indecisiveness does not void the tremendous upside that hes bringing 

my WRs are:

-Megatron
-Kendall Wright
-Wes Welker
-Rueben Randle

my RBs:
-Ball
-Leveon Bell
-Andre Ellington
-Pierre Thomas
-Sankey

If you are talking about Montee Ball, NO you do not trade him for Josh Gordon. Maybe Sankey, Bennett, Kelce.

Im HIGH on Gordon, but you have RB1 potential for someone who hasn't been given the go to play.

Last edited:

my WRs are:

-Megatron
-Kendall Wright
-Wes Welker
-Rueben Randle

my RBs:
-Ball
-Leveon Bell
-Andre Ellington
-Pierre Thomas
-Sankey

I think that's a bad idea. Besides the obvious gamble, we're assuming Josh is going to be the monster WR he was last year. Montee is in arguably the best offense in the league and should benefit immensely from it.

Ertz or kelce this week?
Everyone thought I was joking when I said Ertz could catch 70 balls. It's no longer Celek's position. Ertz is better than Fleener. We saw what Orange Julius did to Indy. Kelce has upside, but he's still behind Fasano on the depth chart and sees the field more so on double-tight packages.

Allow me to vent:

QB: Romo
RB: Alfred Morris, Andre Ellington, Shane Vereen, Ryan Mathews, Justin Forsett (had R. Rice)
WR: AJ Green, Pierre Garcon, Roddy White, Cordarrelle Patterson, Brandin Cooks
TE: Kyle Rudolph, Dwayne Allen

So frustrating with sooo many players in that WR2/RB2/FLEX position....I've literally flip flopped my lineup a dozen times for week 2.

Trying to clear up my bench with a trade for Gio Bernard (wish me luck).
Yes, perfect line of thinking. Trade spare parts for an elite RB1 or WR1. Depth is great for injuries and byes, but does create decision-making issues weekly.

I would trade Roddy and Vereen or Ry.

J. Locker vs DAL
T. Brady vs Min.

Im leaning towards Locker especially against Dallas defense.
Minny was second worst only to Philly in pass D for YPG in '13. Hopefully Dobson is ready to contribute soon in weeks coming as a downfield threat.

Locker is boosted by Whis, but still a work in progress. I take the proven veteran, Brady.

my WRs are:

-Megatron
-Kendall Wright
-Wes Welker
-Rueben Randle

my RBs:
-Ball
-Leveon Bell
-Andre Ellington
-Pierre Thomas
-Sankey

Absolutely not. Ball and Bell serves as a two-headed RB monster tandem that most owners salivate for. Gordon is an unknown commodity, too much risk with that gamble.

J. Locker vs DAL
T. Brady vs Min.

Im leaning towards Locker especially against Dallas defense.

I legit am thinking of doing the same thing myself. Brady has a history of having strong bounceback games though, especially with Gronk.

View media item 1174923

Hey yall,

looking for trade advice.

Current proposed trade:

Julio Jones + Vernon Davis for Eddie Lacy

As you can see from my roster, I have a surplus of WRs-- Demaryius, Julio, Cobb, Michael Floyd, Cruz, Crabtree, Torrey (Auction Draft)

If i do make this trade, i was eihter thinking of picking up a TE of waivers or trading for Jordan Cameron.

what do you guys think?

Got rid of Danny Woodhead for Gordon. Hope he comes back
hammering out a hgh drug testing policy to compensate for higher "rec" drug thresholds is probably pretty complicated. i would be shocked if they figured it all out in 3 days. but then again ray rice thought everything was good on saturday and had his life turned around on monday. so who knows... 

gordon would still be punished for the dui right? 

this is also just bad press for the nfl and goodell. i wouldn't be surprised if goodell wants to show everyone he's tough on drugs and dui too by upholding the suspension somehow. 

i don't think anyone is reporting on it until it is verified news. too many "sources" and "leaks" coming like with ellington and his 4-6 week surgery. 

View media item 1174923

Hey yall,

looking for trade advice.

Current proposed trade:

Julio Jones + Vernon Davis for Eddie Lacy

As you can see from my roster, I have a surplus of WRs-- Demaryius, Julio, Cobb, Michael Floyd, Cruz, Crabtree, Torrey (Auction Draft)

If i do make this trade, i was eihter thinking of picking up a TE of waivers or trading for Jordan Cameron.

what do you guys think?
You do need a RB1, but not that that steep price. What TE are available in FA to replace Davis?

I'm far more comfortable offering Cruz and Davis for Lacy. Or even Cruz and Crabby or Torrey if the owner so chooses.

Keep Vernon. I would offer Gore/Cobb for Eddy Lacy or Demaryius/Gore for Lacy. I'm extremely high on Julio this year with Matt Ryan looking to have a monster season leading that octane ATL offense. Plus they don't have a true running game to rely on...passes will be made. Demaryius has a competition in Denver for targets...we saw who's favored in the redzone for Peyton and keep in mind that Welker usually does damage in the redzone as well. I like the move for Lacy, but not at the expense of Julio.

is Bishop Sankey worth holding onto in a 10 man league or should i drop him and take a flyer on Josh Gordon?  Or should i drop Aaron Dobson instead?

If you are talking about Montee Ball, NO you do not trade him for Josh Gordon. Maybe Sankey, Bennett, Kelce.

Im HIGH on Gordon, but you have RB1 potential for someone who hasn't been given the go to play.

I think that's a bad idea. Besides the obvious gamble, we're assuming Josh is going to be the monster WR he was last year. Montee is in arguably the best offense in the league and should benefit immensely from it.

Absolutely not. Ball and Bell serves as a two-headed RB monster tandem that most owners salivate for. Gordon is an unknown commodity, too much risk with that gamble.

So say Gordon is reinstated, you guys still wouldn't do it?

I understand that Ball is going to get handfuls and handfuls of goal line carries this year, considering the Manning offense. And I love my RB platoon which hopefully will be a 3 headed beast if Ellington gets 100%. But I am just iffy about my WR situation with Kendall Wright. Hopefully Welker will be a serviceable WR2 for me.

After winning the big one 3 years ago, I haven't made the playoffs in 2 years. I'm just trying to perfect my team right now lol.

my WRs are:

-Megatron
-Kendall Wright
-Wes Welker
-Rueben Randle

my RBs:
-Ball
-Leveon Bell
-Andre Ellington
-Pierre Thomas
-Sankey

NO.

Ball/Bell should stay regardless.

Package Ellington/Thomas/Sankey with someone else if you really want Gordon that badly.

Keep Vernon. I would offer Gore/Cobb for Eddy Lacy or Demaryius/Gore for Lacy. I'm extremely high on Julio this year with Matt Ryan looking to have a monster season leading that octane ATL offense. Plus they don't have a true running game to rely on...passes will be made. Demaryius has a competition in Denver for targets...we saw who's favored in the redzone for Peyton and keep in mind that Welker usually does damage in the redzone as well. I like the move for Lacy, but not at the expense of Julio.
nah man.. don't right demaryius off based on one game.. vontae just plays well against him..

literally on the broncos first or second trip into the redzone, they went to demaryius 3 straight times.. I think once they saw how effective vontae was and there were other matchups they could take advantage of, they just went those ways

last year vs indy, Thomas had 4 catches (on 10 targets) for 82 (1 catch for 31).. but he did have a TD

Last edited:
I understand the concern. I've won a particular league twice in three seasons and feel more pressure than ever to get another trophy (especially with a $750 payout), BUT don't let the hype/pressure bait you into a poor decision. Ball is in a fine position with Denver. Plus he hasn't shown what he's capable of yet. The kid only broke Barry Sanders TD record during his collegiate career. Now if you wanted to entertain a trade of Ball for a low-end WR1 like Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb or someone of that nature, I would explore that.

I agree with the whole Julio thing.

I would not send Demaryius/gore for Lacy. honestly I would target maybe Jamal Charles. It seems like a lot of owners are over reacting to his bad week 1.

concordflightxi concordflightxi if Gordon comes back honestly no. Because I think its been brought up if he does come back this week he may miss more time with that DUI charge with a court case in November. I'm not trading for Gordon for any top 10 talent at this point regardless if he gets reinstated. I think its much safer to trade possibly an rb/wr in the 15-30 ranks.

DT had three straight targets in the red zone last week. I think he had like 12 all of last season. He's going to be okay.

nah man.. don't right demaryius off based on one game.. vontae just plays well against him..

literally on the broncos first or second trip into the redzone, they went to demaryius 3 straight times.. I think once they saw how effective vontae was and there were other matchups they could take advantage of, they just went those ways

I feel you and I don't want it to seem like I'm down on Demaryius. He should finish with Top 5 FF WR stats this year. But I like Julio slightly more this year. I suppose it's all preference. Unless the guy with Lacy is a noobie, he'll have to part with one or the other. You would keep Demaryius over Julio?

Back
Top Bottom