OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Anyone like the Miami defense this week?

Also, moving forward should Lil' Woodhead and Riley Cooper keep a bench spot on my roster? Seems like to me that both guys are 1 injury away from getting more targets. Not really sure who I would pick up off waivers instead. Standard scoring, 12 team league btw.

Thanks.

Also, moving forward should Lil' Woodhead and Riley Cooper keep a bench spot on my roster? Seems like to me that both guys are 1 injury away from getting more targets. Not really sure who I would pick up off waivers instead. Standard scoring, 12 team league btw.

Thanks.
Yes, MIA DEF over who though?

I'd keep both, but Coop has more value in standard formats.

Just sent a trade in a 12 PPR league.
Owner already said he'd think about it.

I Trade: Montee Ball and Pitta
For: Dez Bryant

View media item 1174985
Pitta is surplus, but Ball serves as an elite RB2. Trading him is understandable because he's unproven long-term, but thins you out at RB2. Vereen or West slot as your new starter. Dre Johnson into the Flex. Not terrible, I'd make another move for RB2 after the Dez trade.

Thinking about making a trade that would involve Cutler for RGIII as my QB2. This league has an OP slot where of course a QB is played. Brees is my QB1.

Last edited:

is Bishop Sankey worth holding onto in a 10 man league or should i drop him and take a flyer on Josh Gordon?  Or should i drop Aaron Dobson instead?
definitely drop Dobson. Its gonna take some time with Sankey. He'll probably take over at some point this season.

ertz or rudolph?
I'd go Ertz. He's more boom/bust, but Julius destroyed the Colts D last week. I like Ertz's TD chances this week.

Hey Guys,

Would you drop D Baldwin for Justin Hunter, Brian Quick, or Jordan Matthews? I know Seattle doesn't pass heavy, and I'm in a PPR league so someone like Quick might be nice.  Other recievers are Jordy, Roddy, Andrew Hawkins and Marqise Lee
I'd go for Justin Hunter.

going to be rolling with Locker the rest of the season

don't see much potential with Rivers and all the other free agent QBs are horrible
Can you afford to keep Rivers as well? Locker is constantly banged up
Trade Kendall Wright for Matt Cassel?

My current QB is Philip Rivers and I have no back up QB and plenty of WRs.

Good move or emotional decision?
dude. nah. thats absurd
If deal is made Gordon will be back. Count on it
No one is arguing that at this point. The problem is that people are considering dropping pretty talented players for him. We just don't have enough information at the moment. I think he'll be back, no idea when it will be. And there's still an outside shot that he misses a couple games.
Is Devonta Freeman droppable in 12 man PPR leagues right now if you have good depth at RB already?
yeah. I think it would take a Quizz injury for him to be worth starting. even in ppr

Pick 3 Standard league.

Vereen @ Minnesota

Terrance Williams @ Tenn

Bush @ Carolina

L. Fitz @ NYG

Lamar Miller @ WSH
Vereen, Fitz, and Bush.

Terrance a close call behind Fitz.
Should I pick up Houston defense for this week or stick with Detroit?
I'd probably stick with Detroit. Very close though. Not sure that the Carolina offensive line is good enough to hold back Suh and co.
What's Victor Cruz's trade value? I have him, Jordy, Michael Floyd, Brandin Cooks and Gordon. I would probably trade him if Gordon is reinstated
I'd say its pretty damn low right now. especially cause that game was on MNF. Luckily you have some nice WR depth. Maybe target a backend RB2. Just look for the most WR-hungry team in your league
if i were to get rid of one, who?

Cruz/ Michael Floyd/ Crabtree/ Torrey Smith

(looking to trade)
Tough to say when it comes to trading. I would hold on to Floyd if possible. I'm really down on Cruz, so I'd try to flip him to someone who thinks that game as an aberration.

Need a Fanduel WR for under $6900

pick one:

L. Fitz vs Giants

Garcon vs Jags

E. Sanders vs KC

K. Benjamin vs DET

Edelman vs MIN
I'd actually roll with Sanders. He looked GREAT this week.
Some just offered a trade to me:

Joique Bell
Alex Smith

For

Cam Newton

My team:

Foles
Lynch
R. bush
Dez Bryant
Jordy Nelson
K. Rudolph
Sproles

D.Jax
Ty Hilton
Cam
b.Pierce
D.Bowe
K.Benjamin
C.Hyde

First reaction is no, but I would like the Bell & Bush handcuff cause I feel like the lions are gonna put up points.

But Cam gets them rushing TDs and I got the Cam & K Benjamin connection.
I probably wouldn't do it. I think that having the Bush/Bell combo was more valuable last year when they leaned on one back in most games. After watching this week, it seems like a pretty even split in the workload.

That being said, if you can alter the trade at all, I would try. Maybe ask for a wr/te in place of alex smith?
Just sent a trade in a 12 PPR league.
Owner already said he'd think about it.

I Trade: Montee Ball and Pitta
For: Dez Bryant
I'd definitely keep Ball
I need an option for flex

Percy Harvin @ SD
or
Cordarelle Patterson vs. NE
Harvin for me this week. I'm worried about a Belichick vengeance game from last week
laugh.gif

Thanks.
Miami D should be pretty good. That defensive front looked solid and they should get a few sacks and maybe a strip fumble.

I wouldn't expect a huge game though

as for your second question, I would drop Cooper if I had to choose between the two. But if theres nothing on the wire, just sit tight
Thinking about making a trade that would involve Cutler for RGIII as my QB2. This league has an OP slot where of course a QB is played. Brees is my QB1.
I wouldn't. I think Cutler to RG3 is a downgrade. Its sad, but the dude just looks lost out there.

I wouldn't. I think Cutler to RG3 is a downgrade. Its sad, but the dude just looks lost out there.

Yeah I currently hold RG3 and would get Cutler. I have had Cutler for years until last year when I traded him after acquiring RG3 as my QB2 to compliment Brees. This is a dynasty btw....Cutler has hosed me so many times it is hard to believe this is "the year" since I've heard it so many times. RG is just looking horrid and I don't know what to expect. This guy is in trouble with his QBs in their byes and I need RB help...trying to get Foster in a package. He wanted Hyde/RG3 for Cutler/Foster I just don't want to give up a young talent in Hyde since this is a dynasty league.

I pulled some **** off today...

Tues I picked up Forsett and dropped my Defense

Today I package Forsett and RGIII to get Russell Wilson like 2 hours ago...

Then I packaged Russell and Dez for Drew Brees and Boldin.

Last edited:
Am I crazy for thinking about dropping Romo? I currently have Foles as my starter, and if I need a backup QB I would look at Locker who is available on the waiver wire. I would drop Romo for either Sproles, Justin Hunter, Terrance West, D. Hopkins, or Wheaton? PPR league, .5 per rush, 10 team league.

Dropped Romo for Carson Palmer hope this doesnt bite back....Romo looks clueless out there
laugh.gif
while i dont like romo at all, i dont think you shouldve dropped him. 

depending on your league size, it might be hard to find a fill in for palmers bye week.

if anything you couldve tried to package romo to someone who has faith in him

Dropped Romo for Carson Palmer hope this doesnt bite back....Romo looks clueless out there :lol:
depending on your league size, it might be hard to find a fill in for palmers bye week.

I already have Nick Foles so i think im good

I pulled some **** off today...

Tues I picked up Forsett and dropped my Defense

Today I package Forsett and RGIII to get Russell Wilson like 2 hours ago...

Then I packaged RGIII and Dez for Drew Brees and Boldin.

View media item 1175097

Modern day Billy Beane over here...wheeling and dealing. Congrats. You just picked up an Elite passer with a quality backup and a very solid WR3 all for RG3 and Dez.

Dropped Romo for Carson Palmer hope this doesnt bite back....Romo looks clueless out there
laugh.gif
I already have Nick Foles so i think im good
youre good,

but  i still dont get why ppl are drafting a top 10 qb,and  then still drafting another top 12 qb. 

you just put the strain on yourself by overthinking who you should start. not only that, but you miss out on drafting another quality player.   idk, just my opinion 

Last edited:
should i drop any of my bench for a TE, the only one i have now is Pitta, if so which TE

Heres my bench.

Crabtree

Romo

Freeman

Carolina D

Ingram 

J. Gordon

Offered Cruz and Forsett for Keenan Allen and Lamar Miller. Pointless trade?

i see keenan allen as a very good BUY LOW candidate. he's gonna be going up against seattle and might put up another dud, but being put up against patrick patterson and seattle secondary is bound to produce a low amount of points.

is bobby rainey a must pick up?

Back
Top Bottom