OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

laugh.gif

19. Miami Dolphins: Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
Martin's versatility makes him an ideal fit for the Dolphins as a potential swing player along the offense line.

50. Miami Dolphins: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin
Adding a Zach Thomas clone would work well in Miami. Borland is a tackling machine with the instincts and awareness to thrive behind the Dolphins' imposing frontline.

[COLOR=#red]Per Bucky Brooks NFL.com

I don't agree with the Zack Martin pick, I've stated why plenty of times. Trade down and get a 1st and 2nd from the 49ers and then take him. Fine. But not at 19.

I do like the Borland pick. It would have to be early because there is no depth at inside linebacker in this draft and Borland is top 2. Fixes the middle and pushes Ellerbe outside (take Koa Misi or Wheeler out). [/COLOR]

Your score is: 5299 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (S.F.): Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Dominique Easley, DT, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 13 (S.F.): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (A)
Round 5 Pick 15: Lamin Barrow, ILB, LSU (A)
Round 6 Pick 14: Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame (A)
Round 7 Pick 19: Deandre Coleman, DT, California (A)

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=#red]Packers... eh. Don't know if I agree with that one. Toss up.

NE could be a split, Pats still have no defensive line or pass rush.

The Bears are a tough call... depends on the defense imo. Their offense is gonna be that much better, looking forward to seeing it actually.

Denver and KC are a Loss.

Little optimism fellas, we haven't even gotten into the season. Let's not call for jobs and be how we usually are mid season just yet. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Packers... eh. Don't know if I agree with that one. Toss up.

NE could be a split, Pats still have no defensive line or pass rush.

The Bears are a tough call... depends on the defense imo. Their offense is gonna be that much better, looking forward to seeing it actually.

Denver and KC are a Loss.

Little optimism fellas, we haven't even gotten into the season. Let's not call for jobs and be how we usually are mid season just yet. [/COLOR]

:tongue:

I'm looking forward to facing Marshall for the first time since we traded him for.... who did we get for him again? :lol:

Excited about Lazor's new offense

[COLOR=#red]I believe it was Egnew and Will Davis... good calls...

I am as well man, if it at all resembles the Eagles it should be fun. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Nah Sims was a 4th. For Marshall the Dolphins got two third round picks. And It was either Will Davis or Dallas Thomas in the third... either person didn't contribute at all. So it really doesn't matter.

In all honesty when a Kicker in the 5th is the one player out of a draft that gave you 9 players... it's a bad draft.

There were a ton of injuries to both corners, Thomas, and Jordan... not to mention Philbin doesn't seemingly like playing rookies... so this will be the year to see what the red shirters can do. [/COLOR]

Bottom line, rookie years aren't as important as full length of their careers.

If Jordan and Taylor can get in camp, work hard, and contribute starting this year, or even next, then we will get return on them. Their careers aren't over after just one year. They'll learn.

The lil bit I saw from DJ last year I liked a lot. The game I went to last yr Vs CAR he was EVERYWHERE. He had a sack AND a FG block in the lil snaps he got

The corners can be REALLY good if healthy.

Hopefully D. Thomas can help us @ OG

Dont sleep on Sims nor Don Jones.

These kids need an opportunity.

On this draft, give me CJ Mosley and/or trade down in the 1st. We better not draft Marqise. USC WR hardly make it in the NFL

Also, I HATE this 2 week delay for the draft. It is STUPID :smh:

[COLOR=#red]In All honesty... If the Dolphins can trade down with the 49ers (or someone else with extra picks) and get a couple picks I would be too happy.

There is too much talent in this draft not to get it. Really hope One of the 3 QBs drop to the Dolphins pick so they can try and do something. Either way it would be ideal to take a play maker and not an Offensive Guard at 19. IMO.

CP I agree with you. Like I said this year is the year to see what the hell these kids can do, because we legitimately have no idea. I think all of us really liked what we saw from jordan while he was on the field... he just wasn't on the field as often as he should have been.

I honestly think with the system the Dolphins have, the corners (especially Taylor) can flourish. They just seem to get it teaching this secondary and the fron 4 (or 3 in some sets)... problems are with the linebackers on defense. Go Linebacker and get another defensive tackle for depth would be nice. A safety for next year would be as good as well. Safety just isn't deep in this draft.

I don't like that I have to wait 2 extra weeks either, but this is all about the almighty rating number. And it will be through the roof this year. less than two more weeks with mostly talk about the draft during 2 playoffs man... NFL knows exactly what they are doing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Do you guys think waiting on a RT/LG and taking a MLB or Safety in the first makes the team better?

Basically going off of some mocks I seen Moses and Martin being taken.... I don't agree with taking a guard at 19 and Moses is not a top tier RT to take a 19. I do also see Pryor and Mosley being taken at 19 as well though. I haven't watched a lot of tape on CJ and none on Pryor. But look what saftey has done for Defenses like the Seahawks, Bucs have a good secondary and safeties, Steelers for a long time (they have had real junky corners but their safeties played outstanding), 49ers, etc... If the Dolphins take Mosley it puts him inside for 5 years, pushes Ellerbe OLB which he will be much better at and Misi stays the same. Wheeler is depth and ST.

Draft is just around the corner... who do you guys want? I still would like to see one of the big 3 QBs drop, dolphins trade back and add picks. Stay home not sure... I'll watch some more tape.

[/COLOR]

Maybe find a Misi replacement?

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...phins-lb-koa-misi-doesnt-want-to-move-inside/

The Dolphins plan to move Koa Misi to inside linebacker might be quashed by Misi himself, a team source tells the Palm Beach Post.

The team had planned to move Misi to the middle and then move to Dannell Ellerbe from inside to weakside linebacker and Philip Wheeler from weakside to strongside.

But the source says Misi is not on board with the plan. Despite having a strong year as the team’s strongside linebacker, Misi told coaches he was concerned about the added responsibilities and mental aspect of playing inside.

:lol: :smh: Misi is a clown. Nice contract Ireland.

[COLOR=#red]wow...

if you were worried about change affecting production, how you play the game, etc... fine.

but "added responsibility" and being worried about the "mental aspect"...... the f-ck?? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I legit didn't look into it. Just read from Finns. That's good to know it was. Was it B/R?

edit: just read the link.

With that said, does Misi go inside/Ellerbe hit OLB and Dolphins draft another OLB?[/COLOR]

MIAMI DOLPHINS 2014 DRAFT PIX

Round 1 - Pick 19 (19 overall)

Round 2 - Pick 18 (50)

Round 3 - Pick 17 (81)

Round 4 - Pick 16 (116)

Round 5 - Pick 15 (155)

Round 6 - Pick 14 (190)

Round 7 - Pick 19 (234)

If we select CYRUS KOUANDJIO without trading down I'm gonna cry like a lil #$%!. I hope we get Mosley or Shazier. Shazier's dad works for the Dolphins so that might help!

Back
Top Bottom