OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

[COLOR=#red]Dolphins signed some more line help. OT from Lions, Jason Fox - 1 year deal.

Don't know too much about him. Obviously for depth. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]The []__[] yes... but as far as how he was with the Lions, starter, etc.

Draft will be interesting. I really hope the dolphins can trade down, *** picks. This draft is soooooo deep and a Martin at 19 isn't the impact player that we NEED. Other tackles and guards in the draft just as good.

They whiffed in trading up and taking someone at 3 they had no idea how to use or were unwilling (Philbin) to use.

A decent draft would be nice is all. [/COLOR]

smokin.gif

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has said he “thinks the world of Taylor Lewan,” and the high regard for Lewan inside the Dolphins apparently extends beyond Ross.

:smh:

Your score is: 5166 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 19: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 15: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 6 Pick 14: Ryan Hewitt, FB, Stanford (B)
Round 7 Pick 19: Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (A-)

[COLOR=#red]Something like this... I'd be pretty happy. [/COLOR]

Your score is: 5166 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 19: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 18: Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Cameron Fleming, OT, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 15: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 6 Pick 14: Ryan Hewitt, FB, Stanford (B)
Round 7 Pick 19: Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt (A-)

[COLOR=#red]Something like this... I'd be pretty happy. [/COLOR]

View media item 907243

:lol: jk, would rather go with a need in 1st round though, DT is not a need

[COLOR=#red]:lol: I agree with that. But the best "Need" players were gone. Donald was by far the best player available and the Dolphins can get a young, Good defensive tackle to go after that run game. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=#red]:lol: I agree with that. But the best "Need" players were gone. Donald was by far the best player available and the Dolphins can get a young, Good defensive tackle to go after that run game. [/COLOR]

True. I forget who Kiper has us taking, think it was a safety.

Unfortunate that we got such a low pick, but it can still work out for the team. I guess the thinking is our new starting RT is in the draft too.

[COLOR=#red]Yea last I saw Kiper has the Safety from Louisville, Pryor I think, going to the Dolphins. I don't know much of anything about the kid so I don't know. Everyone else seemingly has Martin from Notre Dame going to the Dolphins... I just see him playing Guard in the pros personally. And I don't believe in taking a Guard in the first round, it's like taking a Left Tackle first overall when you need a QB.

Would LOVE to be able to trade down... doubt it happens. And with this deep of draft I certainly don't want to give up picks to trade of for someone. Didn't quite work for the Dolphins last year. But with Hickey and Philbin being on the same page, who knows.
[/COLOR]

I think if it's there, LB should be the pick at 19 to get Wheeler off the field.

They can take an ILB and move Ellerbee outside, or they can straight take an OLB and put Wheeler on the bench as depth/special teamer.

Then take OL in round 2 for the right side.

[COLOR=#red]So you would take a CJ at 19 and move Ellerbee to OLB (where I think he would be better) huh?

Interesting. [/COLOR]

I haven't gotten thru CJ tape, but if he's the one that fits, then yes.

Honestly, I ignored LBers after all the money we spent last year, but clearly we can use the help.

"It's huge. I have to make a big jump, I'm aware of that," Tannehill said. "I’m putting in the work, putting in the time to get myself physically ready, mentally ready and learn this new offense that we’re going with this year. So there is still work to be done.

"But I look for a big jump in myself, both in production and wins. That’s what we ultimately play for is wins. So, I’m excited to see what this team does."

The Dolphins finished 8-8 last season and missed the playoffs by one game. Tannehill and Miami's offense sputtered down the stretch and scored just seven points in the final two games. That led to the firing of offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, who was replaced by Bill Lazor.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/6721/ryan-tannehill-i-have-to-make-a-big-jump

You effin better make a big jump

“He needs to get the ball out of his hands more quickly to hit open receivers,” Polian said on ESPN’s “NFL Insiders” Wednesday. “In doing that it will increase passing-game efficiency and eliminate some of those league-leading 58 sacks.”

Last edited:
There's a video out there that shows the 58 sacks. After watching that, there is little to no doubt in my mind that Tannehill is an elite QB with an improves oline

There's a video out there that shows the 58 sacks. After watching that, there is little to no doubt in my mind that Tannehill is an elite QB with an improves oline

Elite? I hope so but that's a bold statement, elite is Rodgers/Manning/Brees territory

[COLOR=#red]Random... listened to Dave Dameshek podcast, he had Rod Woodson on talking about QBs.

"Pure Quarterback play Danny (Dan Marino) was the Best to ever do it". - Woodson

Just thought it was a cool convo and I completely agree. Slightly biased, but switch Aikman and Marino the cowboys would of never lost. Random. [/COLOR]

phins potentiall interested in jermichael finley... interesting for sure, him and clay would be beast tight ends together if he ever got healthy and lived up to his potential... don't see egnew fitting in the mix though with finley on board

my rivals 
smile.gif
 I really hate yall but only cause I personally know some dolphins who are delusional 

anyway, I like the signings and hopefully yall can be a legit threat 

Back
Top Bottom