OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

[COLOR=#red]Just sit back and enjoy the top 10 pick fellas... at this point my 8-9 win season is generous. No one is on the same page...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Just sit back and enjoy the top 10 pick fellas... at this point my 8-9 win season is generous. No one is on the same page...[/COLOR]

Sounds like the players don't believe in Philbin. Just look at his reaction to the Hartline celebration. Thought this was "dancin' Joe"?

This whole thing really stinks. We got rid of the Incognito-Martin fiasco but now invited in a new one.

Sounds like the players don't believe in Philbin. Just look at his reaction to the Hartline celebration. Thought this was "dancin' Joe"?

This whole thing really stinks. We got rid of the Incognito-Martin fiasco but now invited in a new one.
#strongertogether

He has to announce today imo for these distractions to simmer down .... I agree that if he continues to play the mum game, imminent changes will be made in days. Saving grace is that they have to travel across the globe for this game so that in it of itself is a distraction lol

[COLOR=#red]If Philbin announces it today... thee very first question that will be asked:

"So if you knew Tannehill was going to be the starter why didn't you back your Quarterback from the beginning?"

And he will skate all around it which will create more drama and ******-t. Live I said... enjoy another meltdown guys... no one is on the same page. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]If Philbin announces it today... thee very first question that will be asked:

"So if you knew Tannehill was going to be the starter why didn't you back your Quarterback from the beginning?"

And he will skate all around it which will create more drama and ******-t. Live I said... enjoy another meltdown guys... no one is on the same page. [/COLOR]

Did Tanney speak after Philbin did in yesterday's post game press conference? Cause if he spoke before.......................oh ...boy ...

[COLOR=#red]He spoke after and answered all the questions about Philbin.

I like what he said and how he said it. He should have added it's ******-t and I am THEE leader of this team, but it seemed he didn't want to push it with these questions.

QB and Coach are done... See RG3/Shanahan. Similar situation... I really HATE having to watch the team rebuild everything 2 to 3 years apart since the Shula era... but it needs to be blown up... Again.[/COLOR]

Details on how Philbin addressed Tannehill controversy with Tannehill and team

Joe Philbin mishandled the quarterback situation this week by refusing to acknowledge publicly that Ryan Tannehill is the starter, an approach that led Tannehill to accuse Philbin of creating a distraction.

But since Tannehill made his comments Wednesday afternoon, Philbin has prudently handled the aftermath of the controversy.

During a team meeting with his players on Thursday morning, Philbin took accountability for what he did, said he should have handled it differently, and was remorseful about having created a distraction, according to two people who were inside the meeting. He indicated something like that would not happen again, according to one of the two sources.

And according to a league source, Philbin and Tannehill met in the wake of Tannehill’s comments Wednesday, and Philbin struck a similar contrite tone with his quarterback.

Philbin addressed the issue briefly with reporters Thursday.

Asked whether he wishes he would have handled this differently in retrospect, Philbin told reporters: “All I’ll say is one of the functions of the head coach is to create an atmosphere free from distractions. To the degree that I contributed to any of those distractions, intended or not doesn’t really matter. That falls on me. It’s my responsibility and certainly I expect that responsibility as a head coach. That’s all I have to say on that.”

In case you missed it, Tannehill said Wednesday that Philbin’s refusal to publicly name him the starter --- even though he told Tannehill privately that he would start --- created a stir and a distraction and was not a good feeling.

Tannehill was in a good mood in the locker-room Thursday and engaged teammates in a game of cornhole, in which players toss a bean bag into a slanted wooden board some distance away.

Tannehill took all the first team snaps this week and will start Sunday’s game in Oakland.

Asked how much having to learn a new system has contributed to Tannehill’s struggles, Philbin said: “We’ve been working at this since April. I want to say we had over 1100 competitive snaps in OTAs, over 1600 in training camp, preseason games, three regular season games. I don’t want to minimize it. There are some differences. But at the end of the day, football is football."

Philbin has given neither Tannehill nor Matt Moore any indication of whether Tannehill could be lifted during Sunday’s game if he struggles.

Philbin was asked his general philosophy about lifting a quarterback during a game, and inserting the backup, if a team is struggling.

“I don’t think it’s any different [from] every position," Philbin said. "You have to have a sense for the game, feel for the game, look at it clearly. Everything should be based on what gives your team the best chance to win.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...rsy-with-tannehill-and-tea.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
No Randy Starks this week. :smh:

That makes the defnese for week 4 out Starks, Jones, Jordan, Misi, Ellerbee, McCain. :x

Ruh roh
NFL coaches get fired for their won-lost record first and Philbin — 16-19 into his third Miami season — is on shaky ground by that measure alone, likely needing to make the playoffs for the first time to save his job. Other factors are weighed, too, though, and this one will sit ugly on the wrong side of Philbin’s ledger.

“Steve doesn’t get it,” a club source who is a friend of owner Stephen Ross told me Thursday. “He doesn’t like it. He’s shaking his head. He is not happy right now.”
(I should say this is the same source who in 2011 told me coach Tony Sparano’s job was in peril just weeks before Ross made an in-season coaching change).

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article2243944.html

Through three games Tannehill has a 74.1 rating, 56.5 completion percentage and 5.0 yards per attempt. Those are bad numbers. He has had receivers drop too many passes and his protection against sacks still isn’t great. But those are still bad numbers. They seem even worse because the league-wide passer rating of 90.6 is the highest ever through three weeks.

Last edited:
we may have no choice. defense is already playing like shxt. really, you let raiders run over you like that on their first drive???

Right down the field on us injuries are tearing this defense apart. Idk what happened to the defense from week 1

Back
Top Bottom