OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

Sammy is a beast... not worth two first rounders + no QB though.

Report just came out Ross doesn't want to fire philbin, Harbaugh not on Dolphins radar. "sources"... I stand by what I said. Especially if the sh-t hits the fan.

Jonas Gray tonight >>>>>>>>>>> Daniel Thomas's entire ******* career.

Glad we cut Gray for nothing to keep Thomas. :smh:

Jonas Gray tonight >>>>>>>>>>> Daniel Thomas's entire ******* career.

Glad we cut Gray for nothing to keep Thomas. :smh:

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Danielle Thomas couldn't dream of 199 yards and 4 TD's. Although these dumb #%^@ coaches wouldn't dream of giving Lamar 30+ carries in a game.

Just thinking out loud earlier.....

DolphinsDraft @DolphinsDraft · 42m 42 minutes ago
Thinking ahead before this weekends crucial game at Denver, everyone seems to agree on most needs for this current roster going forward.

DolphinsDraft @DolphinsDraft · 41m 41 minutes ago
2 of those current needs, a big(ger) target at either WR/TE and a physical RB to spell Miller on short yardage.

DolphinsDraft @DolphinsDraft · 41m 41 minutes ago
Miami could look to draft for those needs, but no guarantee those rookies would be ready on day 1, especially if they are drafted later rds

DolphinsDraft @DolphinsDraft · 40m 40 minutes ago
So to help with that, it is possible that both Andre Johnson, and Frank Gore could be available in the offseason. Both from Miami both needs

DolphinsDraft @DolphinsDraft · 40m 40 minutes ago
Johnson will be 34 next year, and Gore 32. Certainly not long term solutions, but bridges for if/when the younger picks develop.

DolphinsDraft @DolphinsDraft · 39m 39 minutes ago
Both are excellent leaders, no off field issues, lockerroom guys, vet presence, if the dollars are right, I would love to see Miami call.,

[COLOR=#red]I like where your head is at. Release Hartline, draft Big WR. Draft corner first round. Draft another lineman and linebacker... seems like I'm saying the same thing as last year to be honest.

Andre and Frank go back home... yes yes.

[/COLOR]

Basically.

We plug in two quality vets to help with some of our weaknesses, draft a nice shiny new CB to go along with Grimes (aging) and Jamar Taylor (still learning), maybe sign Finnegan for another year, get Will Davis back as our 5th CB (coming off injury)

Round 2, we get a solid OG, plug him in.

LB, we have guys already on the roster growing in McCain and Tripp,

So by round 3-4-5 we can get those RB's, WR's we need to develop in the background, while Frank and Andre finish out their career, and try to help us make a move in the AFC as Peyton and Brady will each have an extra year on their arms/bodies.

With Wake and Grimes nearing the end anyways, we need to make a move while they still have some in the tank. By the time they are all done, "hopefully" Dion Jordan can backfill Wake, our rookie CB can take up Grimes spot (with Taylor a nice 2nd CB), and the RB/WR guys can back fill Andre and Frank when they leave, along with Miller, Landry, etc.

Least, that's what I hope happens, but we'll see.

[COLOR=#red]Edit... change Linebacker to Safety** , don't know why I said LB. [/COLOR]

Could you imagine.

Andre Johnson bringing home a title to Miami again :smokin

Then riding off into the sunset

Matty I @TheMattyI · 2h 2 hours ago
Since week 4... Ryan Tannehill is the NFL's 6th highest rated passer (102.2), completing 70.3% of his passes (1st in NFL) w/ 13 TDs & 5 INTs

"We need another quarterback!!!"

Charles Clay and Lamar Miller manage to get injured in practice this week. :stoneface:

******* kidding me with this ****.

Charles Clay and Lamar Miller manage to get injured in practice this week. :stoneface:

:rofl: :rofl:

1st in completion percentage yet he's 33rd amongst qualified QB's in YPA (6.7), joining friends like Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith, Kyle Orton, and Blake Bortles. His average is less than Alex Smith who is king of checkdowns.

But Ima let you finish... hope Ryan tears it up this Sunday

He's also given up two game winning drives this year also. That was him playing corner on the fake spike and him covering the lions running back in the end zone.

He's also given up two game winning drives this year also. That was him playing corner on the fake spike and him covering the lions running back in the end zone.

Not his fault the team scored 6 points combined in the first half against Green Bay and Detroit. No blame at all.

Get real. I want this QB to show me something this weekend. Limit the mistakes on the road, protect the football, and get us some chunk plays. Don't waste trips in the redzone, take advantage of the situation. Score points in the first half.

:rofl: :rofl:

1st in completion percentage yet he's 33rd amongst qualified QB's in YPA (6.7), joining friends like Teddy Bridgewater, Geno Smith, Kyle Orton, and Blake Bortles. His average is less than Alex Smith who is king of checkdowns.

But Ima let you finish... hope Ryan tears it up this Sunday

[COLOR=#red]Curious, couldn't find it... What was Rich Gannon's YPA with his time with the Raiders.

Edit: Career is 6.83, don't really care about YPA personally. If he can fit it into tight windows, not turn it over, and lead game winning drives when needed I'm happy. So far this season (other than the Buffalo game) I'm happy with him and Lazor. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Both of those losses are on coaching! [/COLOR]

Not his fault the team scored 6 points combined in the first half against Green Bay and Detroit. No blame at all.

Get real. I want this QB to show me something this weekend. Limit the mistakes on the road, protect the football, and get us some chunk plays. Don't waste trips in the redzone, take advantage of the situation. Score points in the first half.

[COLOR=#red]Omar, that You? :nerd:[/COLOR]

Omar's problem is that he uses the whole 90 QB rating, 10 wins nonsense to heart. He focuses too much on the wrong things. I care about moving the chains, moving the ball effectively, and executing on redzone trips. If you're happy with the redzone production this season, than I don't know what to say. We're bottom 5 last time I looked.

Omar's problem is that he uses the whole 90 QB rating, 10 wins nonsense to heart. He focuses too much on the wrong things. I care about moving the chains, moving the ball effectively, and executing on redzone trips. If you're happy with the redzone production this season, than I don't know what to say. We're bottom 5 last time I looked.

[COLOR=#red]That's not his only problem but yes.

I am not happy with it, but half of that is play calling. The Dolphins are, last I checked, third in the NFL with trips to the redzone which is great. The lack of points on the board sucks. Constant Daniel Thomas touches, Giving Miller only 15 or less touches a game, the constant grouping of routes, the ridiculous amount of dropped touchdowns... I haven't been a fan of that. The Dolphins also get HIGHLY conservative inside the 20 and when playing with a lead... not a fan. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]That's not his only problem but yes.

I am not happy with it, but half of that is play calling. The Dolphins are, last I checked, third in the NFL with trips to the redzone which is great. The lack of points on the board sucks. Constant Daniel Thomas touches, Giving Miller only 15 or less touches a game, the constant grouping of routes, the ridiculous amount of dropped touchdowns... I haven't been a fan of that. The Dolphins also get HIGHLY conservative inside the 20 and when playing with a lead... not a fan. [/COLOR]

It is amazing that there are plays where 3 WR's are in a 10 foot radius, something off there. Danielle Thomas needs to get lost but there's also ineffective interior blocking stalling that part, Pouncey has been horrendous at RG half the time, and now our left side has been compromised by injuries. QB hasn't audibled much, but some of that is by design and some of that is miscommunication between the QB and Lazor.

It is amazing to me that #17 has 1 40+ yard throw on the season. One. single. 40+ completion. I thought Lazor and Philbin had vertical philosophies bu... oh wait, every 40+ yard throw is an underthrow or overthrow. Nonetheless, take a look at the top QB's and boy do the numbers change.

Coaching doesn't let him audible. They already said it, the QB isn't allowed to audible. Coaching.

The deep ball, although he can throw it a mile, isn't his game. Why keep forcing it? His medium and short game is damn good. Accentuate the positives man, work to the strength or the QB while continuing work on the deep ball.

Let's make sure we blame lack of scoring in the red zone on our QB. Let's do that.

Cuz you know, we have tall receivers to throw to, oh wait....
Well, we have a tall TE in Charles Clay, oh wait......
We have a pound it in type running back, oh wait.....

We have NONE of those things, for scoring in the red zone.

Peyton Manning has a 6-5 TE, a 6-3 WR, and Montee Ball, literally, all 3 things needed to be strong in the red zone.

We have none of those. Zero.

This ************ don't even understand what he's arguing or that he's using the wrong points to argue.

YPA!!!!

Wait, turnovers!!!!! Dude has 8 turnovers on the year. 8. Fewer than Brees, Manning, Luck, Stafford, Cam, Rivers....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YPA, Turnovers, and Red Zone he ******* about, and has basically no idea that Ryan is just fine in pretty much all departments. Get him the Red Zone targets he needs, he'll be fine. He's already taking care of the ball, and YPA is a stat just as much based on the type of receivers you have. Not all of it is indicative of the QB.

Oh, and he's still just 26, and hasn't even finished his 3rd season yet. He can still learn plenty and is doing so, weekly. But yeah, let's scrap all that, and get us another rookie!!!!

Dumb ******* herbs. :smh:

Let's make sure we blame lack of scoring in the red zone on our QB. Let's do that.

Cuz you know, we have tall receivers to throw to, oh wait....
Well, we have a tall TE in Charles Clay, oh wait......
We have a pound it in type running back, oh wait.....

We have NONE of those things, for scoring in the red zone.

Peyton Manning has a 6-5 TE, a 6-3 WR, and Montee Ball, literally, all 3 things needed to be strong in the red zone.

We have none of those. Zero.

This ************ don't even understand what he's arguing or that he's using the wrong points to argue.

YPA!!!!

Wait, turnovers!!!!! Dude has 8 turnovers on the year. 8. Fewer than Brees, Manning, Luck, Stafford, Cam, Rivers....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

YPA, Turnovers, and Red Zone he ******* about, and has basically no idea that Ryan is just fine in pretty much all departments. Get him the Red Zone targets he needs, he'll be fine. He's already taking care of the ball, and YPA is a stat just as much based on the type of receivers you have. Not all of it is indicative of the QB.

Oh, and he's still just 26, and hasn't even finished his 3rd season yet. He can still learn plenty and is doing so, weekly. But yeah, let's scrap all that, and get us another rookie!!!!

Dumb ******* herbs. :smh:

#%@% out of here with this excuse making. It's never the QB's fault, always everyone else. Clowns gon clown. :lol: :lol:

Guarantee if #17 goes 28-37 for 329 yards and 3 TD tomorrow, the factors including tall TE, tall WR, pound it in back go out the window. It would be all about what a "gawd" Tannehill is. So I hope that !#%! happens, but I'm skeptical. We'll see. Beat the Broncos. Get to 7-4. Get er done

We could be 10-0 right now and you'd still complain about how were not throwing the ball downfield enough :lol:

Back
Top Bottom