OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

For the 2nd year in a row, ESPN promised an LA kid air time to make his announcement and then got undercut by Bleacher Report releasing a pre-produced video
laugh.gif

@LindseyThiry

When is enough enough with recruiting announcements? ESPN has to be mad that a second year in a row they get scooped by pre-produced video.

@PenguinOfTroy

Alicia de Artola Retweeted Lindsey Thiry

I'd feel for ESPN, but they're approaching 15 minutes into the midnight SportsCenter and they haven't put Burton on.

P.S. the announcement was Brandon Burton to UCLA.

Before a particular poster overreacts, Sark and co. dropped Burton and didn't call him for months. Helton and Sirmon reestablished contact when they took over, but it was too little too late. Same thing is most likely going to happen with Boss.

Last edited:
They had said they were going to the same school. Boss is a UCLA lean.

Last edited:
Burton was already lost by USC weeks ago. Frankly, not a fan of his. No surprise here. He was a lost cause. Maybe you had hopes of him signing with USC, but not me. I'm realistic.

Lets not start making excuses for Helton though. I already see the "what had happened" coming from you tomorrow. You've planted a couple of seeds already just in the past week or so.

Like I said in late Dec, this will be one of the worst recruiting classes at USC since "early" Pete years, barring a miracle. NO SHOCKER. Just a matter of time before Tee Martin is out this ***** and heads to the SEC. I'll give him till before the year ends.

No surprise or disappointment here. All of this was expected. At this point, I'm just hoping Jackie Jones sticks with us. Very confident in him. NONE of the big guys we're hoping to get will be committing to us tomorrow. Should be interesting to see if they can even finish in the top 20 recruiting classes this year. Its going to be close.

Please let me be wrong, but I'm not. It is what it is.

For the 2nd year in a row, ESPN promised an LA kid air time to make his announcement and then got undercut by Bleacher Report releasing a pre-produced video :lol:

@LindseyThiry
When is enough enough with recruiting announcements? ESPN has to be mad that a second year in a row they get scooped by pre-produced video.

@PenguinOfTroy
Alicia de Artola Retweeted Lindsey Thiry
I'd feel for ESPN, but they're approaching 15 minutes into the midnight SportsCenter and they haven't put Burton on.

P.S. the announcement was Brandon Burton to UCLA.

Before a particular poster overreacts, Sark and co. dropped Burton and didn't call him for months. Helton and Sirmon reestablished contact when they took over, but it was too little too late. Same thing is most likely going to happen with Boss.

His announcement time was for 9pm west cost time and ESPN did 15 minutes worth of highlights, it's there fault.

Lol at USC dropping burton and boss months ago......

He just got offered by USC right around the beginning of Jan, safe to say he wasn't a priority of the prior staff. They certainly weren't really pushing for him hard before then

Pie Young has sent his LOI to USC

[emoji]128064[/emoji]

Last edited:
casper90403 casper90403 you said it would be THE worst class. And I told you that makes no sense. It's a consensus top 15 class right now with three 5 stars and the chance to add two more.

In 2012 I think it was we only brought in 12 people after everyone flipped. We already have 7 people (two of them 5 stars) enrolled. So your prediction was already wrong.

I get that being alarmist is fun and proclaiming the sky is falling and ragging on Helton is your schtick, but I'd rather be a realist. Coaching staff was put together late, that's in Helton, but hopefully they can salvage it. And I'd rather have a staff that as a whole can coach dudes up like they did in 2011 than a staff that gets #1 classes and then loses to Utah and Washington.

Recruiting is only get more dramatic... Finally getting ready to take a step back from it and enjoy the fall games without knowing how many ypc a kid had in HS will be nice haha

Trayvon Mullen to Clemson.

I'm sure his coaches are a little miffed @ him and the LSU coaches a little miffed @ Mullens coaches :nerd: :nerd: :lol:

Jamel Cook & Pie Young to 'SC, officially

Last edited:
where's everyone getting their info from? I know ESPNU isn't reporting most of this info, as to be expected. Twitter?

Back
Top Bottom