OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

A&M would be crazy to put all their eggs in 1 basket unless they are OK with potentially not having a QB in the 2017 class

Nah man he's just dumb for making sure he has options.
If dude chose another school, people would call Sumlin dumb for not having another plan.

Last edited:
New UK uniforms

56b4cbb398815_alluniforms.JPG.31c3d423ddabfe9c02d2440727eb2064.JPG
3.thumb.jpg.35f83f953051ab6e2bbfcd9b552d3bd1.jpg
6.thumb.jpg.5ca2a603fb2fc733ce1edbe4c7b1d385.jpg
9.thumb.png.8a389aa2b6835f58633e9e16223da16a.png

A&M would be crazy to put all their eggs in 1 basket unless they are OK with potentially not having a QB in the 2017 class
If dude chose another school, people would call Sumlin dumb for not having another plan.
The thing is, they're not getting Tua. No way, no how. So if you're going to possibly upset your long time committed 5-star, why do it with another soon to be 5-star - the dude he's compared against the most in the class - who isn't leaving the pacific coast?

Last edited:

The thing is, they're not getting Tua. No way, no how. So if you're going to possibly upset your long time committed 5-star, why do it with another soon to be 5-star - the dude he's compared against the most in the class - who isn't leaving the pacific coast?

Well we weren't supposed to get Kongbo back... That's why u recruit.

We had no chance at Byrd either until two weeks before signing day. Recruiting is fluid. Kids and coaches come and go.
One player has NEVER Been make or break to a recruiting class. Not even a QB

way too early to be giving up on one player because another has already committed to you, at same position.

Lookin like nike slowly moving everyone to the mach speed template and probably the elite schools that already had mach speed this past season to gettin that new nike template oregon wore vs TCU, the "vapor untouchable."

Last edited:
Gunna ain't never lied about the fluidity of recruiting, that's why I don't get why fans get so overly invested and butt hurt when kids switch up their commitment.

@Gunna

From what you know, what caused Byrd to flip so late in the game? He was rep'n the U so hard to the Army game, then boom he's gonzo.

It's fine to go recruit another QB and have backup plans, but there is a certain way to approach it when you have a 5-star guy who was promised he would be the only QB in the class and was just in town recruiting his *** off for you at your Junior Day.

And when Sumlin just lost two 5-star QBs due to trust issues, couldn't close on key recruits down the stretch because they said didn't feel like they could fully trust him...going behind your commitment's back and breaking promises without telling him about the situation seems like a great idea.

Gunna ain't never lied about the fluidity of recruiting, that's why I don't get why fans get so overly invested and butt hurt when kids switch up their commitment.

@Gunna

From what you know, what caused Byrd to flip so late in the game? He was rep'n the U so hard to the Army game, then boom he's gonzo.
Playing with Fils-Aimes was it. 

It's fine to go recruit another QB and have backup plans, but there is a certain way to approach it when you have a 5-star guy who was promised he would be the only QB in the class and was just in town recruiting his *** off for you at your Junior Day.

And when Sumlin just lost two 5-star QBs due to trust issues, couldn't close on key recruits down the stretch because they said didn't feel like they could fully trust him...going behind your commitment's back and breaking promises without telling him about the situation seems like a great idea.
Exactly. Strong implications are that Sumlin promised the kid he was the only QB they were taking. Hell, when Murray transferred out people were saying Tate was trying to graduate early to help TAMU out. Obviously him going after another QB came out of left field for Martell.

And my point about not getting Tua is he's from and lives in Hawaii. He talks about how important his family being able to see him play games in college is. I get that Hawaii isn't a mainland state, but California, Oregon, etc. are all a hell of a lot closer than College Station, Texas. Then you factor in the community aspect of things, idk, how many Poly players does A&M have on their roster? Less than 5? 1?

So a year after you lost two (maybe three, it's unclear to me what the deal with Kenny "Trill" was) players due to poor communication and a total loss of trust, you possibly alienate the next big QB recruit you have coming into your school before he even signs, and on a super long shot? And if he gets Tate to stay because he's promised first shot at the starting job, what are the chances he's going to convince a kid equally as good to come in as a backup?

I get having back up options but 1. then don't make false promises to the kid, 2. wait til a more opportune time to offer (what was the rush? they tried to sneak it in while all the signing day noise was happening?) and 3. Sumlin seems to always try to have his cake and eat it too. Maybe he needs to just stop making promises to recruits?

tl;dr: idk, crootin'. sems dumb but maybe he gets both?

Last edited:
And my point about not getting Tua is he's from and lives in Hawaii. He talks about how important his family being able to see him play games in college is. I get that Hawaii isn't a mainland state, but California, Oregon, etc. are all a hell of a lot closer than College Station, Texas. Then you factor in the community aspect of things, idk, how many Poly players does A&M have on their roster? Less than 5? 1?
this is a forgotten aspect of recruiting kids from Hawaii. Unless their families are well off where they can attend a lot of games or fly the kids back you'll have a hard time getting them and then actually keeping them there.

a lot of these kids being LDS is a big factor too.

Last edited:
(maybe three, it's unclear to me what the deal with Kenny "Trill" was)
Kenny can't be put on Sumlin. He was essentially kicked the curb when he couldn't seem to ever find the exit at Chimy's (bar in College Station). This certainly didn't help.

View media item 1899008
This picture still cracks me up. The slippers perfectly kicked off at the edge of the flower bed :lol:

Last edited:

(maybe three, it's unclear to me what the deal with Kenny "Trill" was)
Kenny can't be put on Sumlin. He was essentially kicked the curb when he couldn't seem to ever find the exit at Chimy's (bar in College Station). This certainly didn't help.

This picture still cracks me up. The slippers perfectly kicked off at the edge of the flower bed
laugh.gif
I do remember that, and commenting about how comfortable he looks
laugh.gif

nako xl nako xl do you like Tate and Tua more than Fink?

I'm a big Fink fan. Think he could be great. Him and Tate seemed like the perfect QB's for what Sark wanted to do. Dont know jack about Tua so i cant comment.

@Nako XL do you like Tate and Tua more than Fink?

I'm a big Fink fan. Think he could be great. Him and Tate seemed like the perfect QB's for what Sark wanted to do. Dont know jack about Tua so i cant comment.
Fink is prob a better athlete than both of them (he could legitimately play safety) but I don't know how good of a passer he is. Every game replay of his I've seen he's a super mobile dude with a decent arm, that is inaccurate and seems to check for one read and then takes off running at the slightest hint of a pass rush. Now he's quick and agile so it's not the worst thing that he tries to create with his feet, and he pushes the ball downfield and takes deep shots almost to a fault. He's also got a big body that could prob put on weight/strength, so I think the coaches see him as a project that could either be a diamond in the rough or just welcome depth.

Tua is REALLY good. Tate might be better right now but he's 1-2 years older and a lot smaller.

Tate's the best right now, Tua has the highest upside.

i agree with your assessment. Tate better now, but Tua looks like he has huge upside. I didnt think he had that type of arm.

I like Fink more than tate. Fink has that frame thats just itching to gain 20-25 pounds and be a monster. But I do cringe sometimes watching him throw.

I think Darnold's going to be a casualty and be forced to transfer. I like the kid. Way more athletic than i thought.

Back
Top Bottom