OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Money talks, you can talk about it until you're blue in the face that it was a terrible "on-field" decision and that they will be a doormat. They are cashing major checks because of it, plus with the right coach that program can be succssful. Not big dog succesful, but Washington State/Oregon State type succesful. You know, doormat that has a good run once every 10-15 years.

Happy with the class, Top 15 class, best class in the conference, not bad for a staff that gets railroaded constantly.

Recruting stars don't matter though, time to develop the product on the field.

So much for TAMU feeling good about Tate Martell.

They just offered suspected USC lean Tua Tagovailoa who's in the same class, and was the kid USC focused on when TAMU started to pull Tate.

@RobDeMelloKHON #SHAKAS to 2017 Saint Louis QB Tua Tagovailoa on receiving offer from Texas A&M #GigEm #Cover2 #808Represent pic.twitter.com/r1BOkfVZE4

Skrong killing it yesterday might have landed A&M Herman next season 
laugh.gif

Frost going for the jugular. :pimp: :evil:

Ex-Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost is going after one of his former Oregon commits early in the 2017 recruiting cycle.

Ryan Kelley, a 2017 quarterback commit to the Ducks, announced on Twitter he was offered by Frost and the Central Florida Knights Thursday night.

Kelley is the nation's 56th best recruit in 2017 and the third-best quarterback in the country, according to the 247Sports Composite.

As Oregon's offensive coordinator, Frost offered Kelley a spot with the Ducks back in September. Kelley flew to Eugene for an unofficial visit in October and committed to the Ducks over UCLA and Arizona State in November.

View media item 1898179

Last edited:
thats quite normal though, no?

Too bad he has ZERO shot at getting him.

I always laugh when I see a kids list, and it has Bama, UF, Texas, Auburn, TCU, UGA, Oregon, UCLA, Michigan, Michigan State, and then Memphis.

Separate but related question: is Kevin Sumlin finally on the hot seat this season?
He would have been **** canned in December/early January if oil wouldn't have tanked. He's either not trying anymore or just doesn't have a clue how to recruit, especially with this QB offer **** he pulled today. You don't promise the #1 QB in the nation that he'll be the only QB you recruit in his class then go offer another QB without even talking to the kid (and Martell still hasn't heard from the staff even after the offer).

:rofl: now that's hilarious man. That must've sucked
Meh, TexAgs produces **** like that (quality-wise) every week. What Barstool Sports see as "legit, HD, high quality slickly produced" is a normal thing for that website. I doubt they really spent too much money on that.

Last edited:
 #InAllKindsOfWeather ‏@AllKindsWeather  2h2 hours ago Allentown, PA
#Gators QB Treon Harris will be moving to wide receiver next year. Not really a surprise, but still- music to my ears. (via @AndrewSpiveyGC)

Separate but related question: is Kevin Sumlin finally on the hot seat this season?
He would have been **** canned in December/early January if oil wouldn't have tanked. He's either not trying anymore or just doesn't have a clue how to recruit, especially with this QB offer **** he pulled today. You don't promise the #1 QB in the nation that he'll be the only QB you recruit in his class then go offer another QB without even talking to the kid (and Martell still hasn't heard from the staff even after the offer).
Our staff claims to be higher on Tua, and cooled on Martell after he committed to A&M.

But if Tua isn't coming, Sumlin may have inadvertently handed us Martell with that move.

Last edited:
Welp.

Tate Martell @TheTateMartell 5m5 minutes ago
Loyalty is key...

Tate Martell @TheTateMartell 1m1 minute ago

and now it's a little suspect...
He posted those tweets after the Tua offer was announced and then deleted them after the coaches called him. But it sounds like Sumlin didn't learn anything from last year.

A&M would be crazy to put all their eggs in 1 basket unless they are OK with potentially not having a QB in the 2017 class

I don't think that any other school's writers annoys me more than Bud Elliot :lol:. He's such a ducking homer.

Stampini, Bill Kurelic and Tom Loy are up there too.

lol Bud has an innate ability to get under rivals skin. And he admittedly trolls for clicks from said rivals. He's a bright guy tho.

Tom Loy is a sunshine pumper, and always has been since back when he was on the FSU forums yeaaaaaars ago trying to get FSU to look at Corey Brown and Dorian Bell. But he's a good dude.

Back
Top Bottom