OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

CfOIJJeW4AENgz1.jpg

Miami is getting helmet stickers.

Saw Bennie blades today Joseph Carter park in hurricane socks :lol for a company football game. He said don't worry bout AL he's all Miami lol

Who is Scott Felix?
6_3491998.JPG

scott-felix-of-the-usc-trojans-holds-up-the-ball-after-the-trojans-a-picture-id454799104

ncaa-football-southern-california-arizona-state-1-850x560.jpg

USC's senior starting rush end (USC's D-End/OLB combo position - think Clay Matthews.) Also seems to try a little hard to channel Tim Riggins.

He lost his eligibility in January for an OTC supplement he took, and the NCAA just ruled against his appeal and refused to reinstate him. Porter Gustin was probably going to pass him up on the depth chart, but it still sucks. Dude is a super athlete/worker who would explode into the backfield and then miss about 8 tackles a game. Great team presence though.

Last edited:
Is that the same store Brian Cushing and Taylor Mays shopped at?
Gotta be lol
Was actually reading an interesting convo on one of the USC boards that doesn't necessarily pertain to this case, but it was some ex assistants and an ex small time player talking about how some substances that are legal/acceptable under NCAA rules when combined can cause you to get popped on a drug test or cause a chemical reaction that would show up as a positive on a test. Also how things like multiple energy drinks is an excessive caffeine violation. The player talked about how he took a substance that wasn't on the banned list they got but didn't realize while taking it with another supplement he had he would have failed a drug test if he'd ever gotten one. Then talked about how he was never tested and skated but other guys on his team were tested 2-3 times.

I wonder how random the NCAA testing actually is or if they target people they suspect are in violation of the rules/if 1 failure leaves you flagged for future tests.

Not excusing Scott, he's a RS senior, he should know better, just saying I found it interesting. I never considered that combining supplements can get you in trouble the same way taking one banned supplement can.
One of my clients had a tiny bit too much nandralone in his system. Nandrolone occurs naturally in the body...and the amount detected in him was microscopically over the limit. He would have been eligible to compete in the Olympics, the NFL, every other athletic body which tested for it. I had experts to testify that the NCAA standard was outdated....too low. I had experts to testify that his amounts were not consistent with what body builders would use.

..their levels would be literally thousands times greater. I had experts to testify that people who sweat excessively will produce greater amounts naturally and to testify that this kid was known for excessive sweating.

The NCAA put on no evidence at all. I thought we made a great case....they had no intention of granting the appeal. He got the one year suspension and since the test occurred mid season....it was in effect a two year suspension. He never played again.

Last edited:
 According to Carlos Robertson (older brother of Demetris) Stanford are out of the mix as well because they couldn't get expedited test scores; also the ND visit will not happen. Down to Cal, UGA, GT, and ND

Edit: Source is from the Mods of the UGA Rivals Site who spoke to Carlos

FightOn247 learned this morning that USC can make things right with elite CB Thomas Graham and is well on the way of doing with a new main recruiter for him. Gavin Morris will now be leading the way for the Trojans with their recruitment of Graham. This is an extremely smart move and will go a long way in possibly adding Graham's name back to the USC commitment list at some point. It all comes down to communication and dedication. USC doesn't need to call Graham every day, but communication on a weekly basis goes a long way in ensuring a young man feels he's a priority, develops a strong bond with the staff and fully understands what the school and football program is all about.
And I'll never forget a former player telling me your best friend is your position coach. So, the relationship there must get stronger with Graham, too.
As was posted elsewhere about RB Stephen Carr and his commitment to USC, he has a completely different relationship with USC than Graham at this point. I was just told his commitment is solid for the Trojans and he's even asked one of his coaches to take him to practice this week. Which the coach will happily do whenever his kids want, no matter the school.

Interdasting

Ronnie Bradford has been at school for three months and apparently he never contacted him.

Last edited:
"Because of the college's inability to control it's coaches on the recruiting trail, it would turn summer recruiting into the wild wild west by allowing all of these staffs to go all over the country, physically into the south to set up these camps... they took something that was good and turned it into too much excess."

I don't see why this matters so much.

Last edited:
Yes, traveling cross country during the offseason is free lunch.

Another brilliant comment.

This just gives the free lunch to the southern schools.

Back
Top Bottom