OFFICIAL 2015 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Tannehill or Romo this week
Romo. Pains me to say this, but Philly's secondary looked nothing like their preseason form. Julio was shredding Maxwell and even without Dez, Romo should succeed through the air.

Brady or Brees?

different league,  Stafford or Tannehill?
Brees is a must-start Week 2. He's my top fantasy QB this weekend. Tampa's secondary is food and New Orleans should score a lot through the air, specifically the Brees to Cooks connection.

Tanny. Favorable match-up and he enjoys a plethora of offensive weapons.

Teddy or Stafford tomorrow?
Stafford. Teddy didn't receive ideal protection against SF and admitted being overly anxious. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with Bridgewater and the Vikes.

Thoughts on Marqise Lee, he's back this week
He's actually J-Ville's 3rd best WR. Hurns beat him out for the second spot and has developed chemistry with Bortles. Makes Lee a moderately deep flier.

PPR league

Pick 3 
1 WR and 2 flex

John Brown 
Brandon Marshall
Roddy White
Andre Johnson
Smith Sr.
Danny Woodhead
Greg Olsen.
Smitty and Brown definitely start for me. Brown is Carson's best/favorite WR. Smitty will rebound from a lackluster Week 1. Saw 130+ targets last year, and Baltimore is lacking edge weapons with Torrey gone and Perriman hurt.

Last spot I'd decide between Woodhead and Olsen. Olsen is Cam's best and only weapon with Benjamin hurt. Woody's Week 1 is a little fluky, given the two unexpected TD. But Woodhead is certainly trusted more than Gordon and catching passes is no fluke.

I'd give Olsen the slight edge for your last spot. I mean he saw 120+ targets last season, with Benjamin healthy and playing. Olsen's had 5+ TD per season since 2008.

Mariota or Tannehill this week
Tanny. Week 1 for Mariota was a bit fluky given Tampa's poor secondary and breakdowns in coverage.

Waiver claim was denied for Foster.
How wasn't he drafted? Went top 75 in most of my leagues with optimistic team owners.

Sankey, Davante Adams, or Joseph Randle for the Flex play this weekend? Ppr league
Randle.

Melvin Gordon @ Cincy

or

Dion Lewis @ Buffalo

.5 PPR
Gordon. Lesser of two evils. Don't love your two choices and hope it's for a Flex spot.

More upside, Terrence West or Devin Street?
West is the safer play. He has a legitimate chance to be Tennessee's starter given Cobb's injury and Sankey's unreliability. But your question is upside and the answer's Street. Could benefit from Dez's injury, especially if he doesn't return this season. Street is a bigger receiver from Pitt, Dallas coaches raved about him this past off-season. With added attention to Williams, Witten, and Beasley, Street may be the guy to step up if he can develop chemistry with Romo.

How wasn't he drafted? Went top 75 in most of my leagues with optimistic team owners.

He actually was drafted (few picks before I planned on taking him), but surprisingly dropped after week 1. That's when I noticed and put the waiver in right away. But I'm in 1st place and had the first overall pick, so my chances were pretty slim.

standard scoring:

Cobb
T Will
Evans

which two should I start?
Evans and Cobb. Check prior to kickoff, Lovie seems more hesitant than Evans whether he'll play.

Standard: RB2- Gore, Blount or Yeldon?

And Palmer vs Chi or Ryan vs NYG?
Gore.

Matty Ice. Shaping up to potentially be a top-5 fantasy QB in Week 2.

Need help choosing flex spot:

Golden Tate
Ameer Abdullah
Allen Robinson
I'd decide between Abdullah and Tate. 140+ targets last year makes Tate the safer play, comfortably rapport with Stafford.

Week 2, I'm taking a risk with Abdullah. Slowly taking reps and respect from Bell. Crazy cutback ability, more than adequate pass-catcher. Grabbed four balls Week 1.

Flex one. PPR.

TJ Yeldon
Eric Decker
Torrey Smith
Yeldon just over Deck.

Full point ppr
No points for return yardage but TD's are 6

Lockette
Cole Beas (expanded role ???)
Charles Johnson at Det (see Stevie and Keenan week 1)
Nelson Ag ( low percentage route guy)
Charles Johnson. Clicked with Teddy in preseason and gotta hope/bet Bridgewater looks Johnson's way more than Wallace, like he didn't do in Week 1.

Agholor or Wheaton for WR3?

Pick 2: Sankey, Ingram, Blount
Agholor.

Ingram's a must-start. That's no question. He's a top-8 fantasy RB in Week 2 vs. Bucs.

Second spot goes to Sankey slightly. Buffalo is a tough match-up for Blount and he's just returning from suspension, with Lewis over the shoulder. Sankey surprised in Week 1, but I'd temper expectations. He's not going to rip 6 YPC and nab two TD weekly.

Here's to hoping John Brown, Brandon Coleman and David Johnson break out this year. They're my main bench players

Last edited:
Got Doug Martin in the flex

Should I go with Melvin Gordon or David Johnson? I know Chris Johnson is starting but dude is a bum

Davante Adams or A Rob?
A-Rob.

A. Cooper or Brandon Coleman?

Agholor or Stevie Johnson?
Cooper.

Stevie J.

Brady or romo?
Blount or L murray?
Romo.

Latavius Murray.

Should I go with Melvin Gordon or David Johnson?
Gordon.

Flex one. PPR.

Woodhead
Latavius
Sankey
Ertz
I'm very close to recommending Ertz, think he has a big game hosting Dallas if the groin holds up. But Murray is my ultimate choice, Baltimore may stymie the run game, however, Murray did nab 7 receptions as a check-down option last week.

Woodhead is my third favorite option, and I didn't give much pause to starting Sankey over the other three players.

Should I start CJ2k v. CHI or Percy Harvin v. NE at the flex?
CJ2K.

I'd give up ellington and maclin for doug martin.
Not even close to considering that deal. Ellington alone had more preseason ADP value than Martin. Yes, I know Andre got hurt already but his remaining value coupled with Maclin as a worst case WR3/Flex forces me to say no deal.

Allen Robinson v MIA or Chris Johnson v CHI at my FLEX? It's .5 PPR
A-Rob.

V. Jax or Wheaton a fair 1 for 1 trade Woodhead?
Lucky if you can get Woody for Wheaton. I wouldn't trade away V-Jax for Woody straight up, unless it's PPR and you're desperate for a RB2/RB3 option.

cj2k vs chicago or ryan matthews vs dallas?
CJ2K.

should I trade Gronk for Julio str8 up?

PPR 10 team
Yes, I would. Just make sure you have a viable TE starter once Gronk departs.

Whos of better value overall ...

Woodhead or R. Matthews?
Woody. Mathews is good insurance for Murray owners, but he has his own injury concerns. Woodhead racks up tons of receptions, and Gordon hasn't done anything to steal the show for SD.

Who would you guys choose between Crabtree and Douglas?
If I had to choose, Crabby.

Tempted to go Karlos Williams over L. Murray vs Baltimore
I wouldn't, especially because Murray can be an effective check-down pass-catcher but do what you feel.

Should I start T. Williams over Jeffery already or wait?

Should I start Karlos Williams over Forsett if LeSean doesn't play?
Friday setbacks are extremely worrisome. Hammy and a calf that Jeffery is battling. I would slot Williams for Jeffery, I find it hard to believe Alshon plays.

No, no, no. Forsett is a borderline top-10 fantasy back in Week 2. He runs behind perhaps the second best OL in the NFL.

I proposed trading my RB Jonathan Stewart (Carolina) for Frank Gore (Indy) and my counterpart accepted.
You win this trade significantly if your league plays a PPR format. Plus Stewart has more injury concerns than Gore moving forward, even in standard leagues.

Back
Top Bottom