OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peeler was the man. And I thought that even before he punched KG, but that just made him even more awesome.
I would like a Peeler Kings jersey 
laugh.gif

Kings would have been better in the post season that year if Webber didn't comeback 
ohwell.gif

@KBergCBS: Dwight Howard's flagrant-1 stands as called, NBA has ruled. No upgrade, and thus Howard will not be suspended for Game 5.

Last edited:
The NBA's review of Dwight Howard's contact with Andrew Bogut concluded that it did not rise to the level of excessive because Howard was trying to free himself from a tie-up with Bogut, president of basketball operations Rod Thorn told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

"It was a very close call as far as I'm concerned," Thorn said. "As Bogut is holding his arm down, Howard tries to extricate his arm. He doesn’t hit him with his elbow, by the way. He hits him with the back of his hand, maybe a touch of the wrist. To me, it was unnecessary, but I didn’t think it was excessive."

The flagrant-1 gave Howard three flagrant points during the postseason. An upgrade to a flagrant-2 would've added a point, resulting in an automatic suspension of Howard for Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. A player is subject to an automatic one-game suspension once he exceeds three flagrant points in a single postseason.

"Having been here forever and having done this stuff for a long time, I just try to look at each situation as it comes up," Thorn said. "Obviously, we have all of the information from everything we’ve ever done before, plus tape and video of everything we’ve done before to fall back on. As far as the name of the player, I’ve never let that enter into it."

Thorn said Al Horford's elbow to the head of Matthew Dellavedova the night before in the Eastern Conference Finals also differed from Howard's incident because Howard did not strike Bogut in retaliation.

"What differentiated it as far as I’m concerned was Dwight’s contact was in part to extricate himself from the situation with Bogut," Thorn said. "It was unnecessary and deserved a flagrant-1. Horford’s contact was in retaliation for what he felt Dellavedova had done to him, and to me fit the criteria for unnecessary and excessive."

The NBA's review of Dwight Howard's contact with Andrew Bogut concluded that it did not rise to the level of excessive because Howard was trying to free himself from a tie-up with Bogut, president of basketball operations Rod Thorn told CBSSports.com Tuesday.
So basically they're saying neither Taj Gibson nor Al Horford should have been tossed for their Flagrants........

but then they go on to contradict that.  Hilarious

Last edited:
Taj should've stayed. Horford, not so much. Once again, this overall still shows that being the person who instigates >>>> being the person who retaliates.

Last edited:
I respect keeping it at a F1. By the letter of the law, it's definitely a F2, BUT, this would be much ado about nothing if Dwight wasn't called for a bogus F1 on Dirk in round 1. Somebody needs to find a clip. It's a definite make up call/slide.
laugh.gif

Yea its pretty stupid.

But thats what dudes who dont have a team and are just a player fan get mad at

But low key 99% off the "laker fans" in here are just a fan of a player doe. So why not crucify them too or is it only the uncharteddrakes we crucify?

D12 game will remain the same UNLESS he has a legitimate POINT GUARD,,and will NEVER win a RING in the NBA,,just saying fellas :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom