OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to believe that, but need to see it.

Can someone drum up what a 1-16 would have looked like this year?

I'm at work so I can't be more than a few secs at a time.

1: GSW
16: BOS

2: ATL
15: MIL

3: HOU
14: OKC

4: LAC
13: NOP

5: MEM
12: WAS

6: SAS
11: TOR

7: CLE
10: DAL

8: POR
9: CHI

Crap, that's not bracket ready. Just the first round.

Jesus, that's worse than what we actually got. 
roll.gif

At least with the current format, we knew this LAC/SAS series was going to be legit, and possibly WAS/TOR.

But THAT? Only one fair shot for the lower seeds (8/9, and lower seeded CHI would probably be the only lower seed to move on), and quite a few blowouts.

(sweet lord this would get disastrous 
laugh.gif
)

(blowout)

(blowout)

(only series with a shot at being slightly interesting, because of AD's emergence, but with AD having to deal with mostly Blake & Dre, and Big Baby as backup, poor Eyebrows. Poor Pels.)

(yikes; Wall would eat, but that's it.)

(just... *sigh* 
laugh.gif
)

(Kyrie... would have sent Rondo into retirement, not into the doghouse.)

(Potential to be interesting, as an 8/9 should provide.)

Last edited:
Clips only chance was game 2.

Hobbled Parker / Manu.

Instead they let Weeknd go off.

Last night was even worst for the clippers because TMT didn't play extended minutes so their fresh.

This series is over.

I wish I could argue with you, but I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't feeling pretty pessimistic at this point. The fact we got blown out isn't what bothers me -- those kind of games happen, even in the playoffs -- its the trends I'm seeing going back to game 2.

Spurs ability to basically take away Reddick is a huge issue that we don't seem able to address and its compounded by the fact that neither Barnes or Crawford can hit a shot right now. And even if Crawford was hitting, he's been a huge defensive liability, so there's not net benefit to having him in. But Barnes and Reddick can't play 40 minutes a game. Diaw has also been causing us major problems and I'm not sure we have a good counter for it. Basically, for us to have a chance the way things are going now, Blake and CP both have to play absolutely lights out and we have to hope for other guys collectively to hit a few timely shots here and there. Kind of a tall order.

Dirk aged better than Barkley and KG and he dominated KG every single time they matched up.

Dirk led a team to the title and Malone was choking free throws in the clutch. Give me Dirk over all of those guys.

Last edited:
For the regular season/end of season guys. The Wizards beat Memphis twice post AS break, once in Memphis with their starters playing.

The Raptors end of season finish having so much meaning "worse east playoff team" means the Wizards win that series correct? Do I have that logic right? Do y'all see the flaw in that now?

Last edited:
Dirk aged better than Barkley and KG and he dominated KG every single time they matched up.

Dirk led a team to the title and Malone was choking free throws in the clutch. Give me Dirk over all of those guys.
Actually Karl was still good till his last year when he was hurt

Age 36 Karl: 25 and 9.5 shooting 50 percent

Last edited:
Can't believe my team is getting handled by a guy who's the same age as me. As a Clippers fan, its pretty frustrating, but as a member of the same generation as TD, its kind of cool.

KG and Dirk have matched up fairly evenly in their career

http://www.basketball-reference.com...st=1&p1=garneke01&p2=nowitdi01#stats_playoffs

Maybe there's a game you remember more than others

Malone had to go versus the GOAT in his Finals appearances

But Dirk as the GOAT PF is your opinion but its certainly debatable...all the mentioned guys have similar credentials

What's killing the Clippers is what makes the spurs great.

Spurs can go deep into their bench.

Mills ain't playing well? Put Joseph in.

Green isn't hitting shots? Let Marco cook.

Diaw strugglin? Let Bonner pull someone out the paint.

The clippers are so thin that if Crawford / Barnes / Reddick aren't cookin, it's gonna take CP3 / Blake playing perfect games. Which is asking toooooo much.

Series is (again) showing why we have to try hard in the offseason to bring in someone like Demarre Carrol or maybe try and get Wilson Chandler from Denver. I'd be ok with keep Barnes around as a back-up SF since he really did have a good year this year and seems capable for playing a couple more season. But not as a full time starter at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom