OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the wait from the conference finals to the finals is always tough, im not used to basketball not being on every night like this :lol:

Nobody is claiming Wade to be top 5 over guys Like Mike, Magic, Kobe who have all put in more work Vs better opponents.

The stat that is even more telling is that Lebron has played & Beat 7 teams that were either .500 or under .500 in his career. Meaning if they're in the west they are probably 30-35 win teams, So while admittedly he didn't have much "Help" in his Cle days neither did 80-90 % of the Eastern Conference.

Then he goes to MIAMI which talent Wise is head and shoulders above every team in the East and we still saw him go to Several game 6's & 7's against highly mediocre teams.

There is no way to dispute that his teams have constantly played against inferior talent.

In order for Kobe/Duncan to win look at the names of the Superstars they had to go against. Themselves, Prime KG, Prime Dirk, Prime Nash & Stoudemire, Prime Shaq, Prime Gasol Prime TP, Prime Ginobli, Prime CWebb, Peja & those insanely deep Kings squads, Prime Sheed, Pippen, & insanely deep Blazers squads. Malone & Stockton, KD & Russ, Prime Ray Allen, Prime CP3,

Literally if you look at either one of these players (Duncan & Kobe) they had to eliminate ATLEAST 1-2 teams led by Hof'ers EVERY year in order to win a ring.

In The Eastern Conference Lebron has Beat An extremely Good defensive Pistons squad, An Aging Celtics Squad (Which was missing Rondo, who was their best player at that point) & then Who?

D-Rose Coming off two years of Injury and a hobbled Gasol, PG & Hibbert?, Glibert Arenas? The Hawks Led by Al Horford?

Literally since he's gotten talent on his team he's beaten three players in the east who you would consider HOF locks and they were all on the same squad and were 33-35 yrs old When he finally beat em.

Look at that List of HOF'ers in the West & the teams they had & then look at what he's gotten through in the East. Now Think to yourself that he's being compared to SUPERSTAR players who have had much more playoff success & Ask how it's possible that he can leap frog them on an All Time player list having won 2 championships

There is no dispute that LBJ is a Legendary player but he's not top 5 or anywhere near goat status and yet media tries to push this narrative.

Repped for the thorough answer. All jokes aside its a fact the East has been weaker throughout LeBrons career. That said I don't think that's a knock in anyway.

I honestly believe if you replace the superstar on any West roster with LeBron they'll either be better or just as good. His Finals record is the only glaring stat in his resume and he has enough time to fix that. IMO

This Finals and next. 2016-17 KD will be in DC and we win the next 3. 4-3 Finals record isn't bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobody is claiming Wade to be top 5 over guys Like Mike, Magic, Kobe who have all put in more work Vs better opponents.

The stat that is even more telling is that Lebron has played & Beat 7 teams that were either .500 or under .500 in his career. Meaning if they're in the west they are probably 30-35 win teams, So while admittedly he didn't have much "Help" in his Cle days neither did 80-90 % of the Eastern Conference.

Then he goes to MIAMI which talent Wise is head and shoulders above every team in the East and we still saw him go to Several game 6's & 7's against highly mediocre teams.

There is no way to dispute that his teams have constantly played against inferior talent.

In order for Kobe/Duncan to win look at the names of the Superstars they had to go against. Themselves, Prime KG, Prime Dirk, Prime Nash & Stoudemire, Prime Shaq, Prime Gasol Prime TP, Prime Ginobli, Prime CWebb, Peja & those insanely deep Kings squads, Prime Sheed, Pippen, & insanely deep Blazers squads. Malone & Stockton, KD & Russ, Prime Ray Allen, Prime CP3,

Literally if you look at either one of these players (Duncan & Kobe) they had to eliminate ATLEAST 1-2 teams led by Hof'ers EVERY year in order to win a ring.

In The Eastern Conference Lebron has Beat An extremely Good defensive Pistons squad, An Aging Celtics Squad (Which was missing Rondo, who was their best player at that point) & then Who?

D-Rose Coming off two years of Injury and a hobbled Gasol, PG & Hibbert?, Glibert Arenas? The Hawks Led by Al Horford?

Literally since he's gotten talent on his team he's beaten three players in the east who you would consider HOF locks and they were all on the same squad and were 33-35 yrs old When he finally beat em.

Look at that List of HOF'ers in the West & the teams they had & then look at what he's gotten through in the East. Now Think to yourself that he's being compared to SUPERSTAR players who have had much more playoff success & Ask how it's possible that he can leap frog them on an All Time player list having won 2 championships

There is no dispute that LBJ is a Legendary player but he's not top 5 or anywhere near goat status and yet media tries to push this narrative.
Repped for the thorough answer. All jokes aside its a fact the East has been weaker throughout LeBrons career. That said I don't think that's a knock in anyway.

I honestly believe if you replace the superstar on any West roster with LeBron they'll either be better or just as good. His Finals record is the only glaring stat in his resume and he has enough time to fix that. IMO

This Finals and next. 2016-17 KD will be in DC and we win the next 3. 4-3 Finals record isn't bad.
This right here. If you literally flip flopped Curry for Lebron the Warriors would rule the basketball world and the Cavs would get put out in the second round or ECF.

[come on , b. We got this gem below from that series...

2h56z6c.gif

:pimp: DFish

That was a great finals. First championship in 7 years. I remember dancing in the crib.

View media item 1554498

The old if u replace lebron with any superstar on x team they would still when theory gotta stop. When we say if he was west he wouldn't be in 5 straight finals... Its the same thing, we will never know.

Yea you switch him with other Superstars sure their record may improve or stay the same, but is he as effective in the playoffs when you don't have time to BS around in the first round, or when you go from guarding Crowder, Butler, Carroll to KD, Kawhi, Klay etc etc.. He has had some real monstrous series in his career indeed and not to say he wouldn't play great or be great in the West.

The point being in the West simply being great isn't always enough.. In the West it's much harder for one player to completely shift a series because the teams are so deep and the competition is there ALL YEAR ROUND.

When Lebron has met guys who have equal greatness and are true Superstars he's struggled a bit, In the west it's one or two of those guys every round.

But aren't da teams lebron has beat for the NBA chip in da west coast?

This right here. If you literally flip flopped Curry for Lebron the Warriors would rule the basketball world and the Cavs would get put out in the second round or ECF.

Yes if he was on the Warriors, How about if he switched with CP3 And didn't have a team completely built to his strengths, Or Traded with L.Aldridge on the Blazers. etc etc..

He's been able to literally dominate other teams in the East, he plays great, his role players do just enough.. and usually out east that's enough to atleast Guarantee ECF. In the West however thing are FAR from that simple we see, guys who are top 5 or atleast arguably get bounced every single year. not because of them or bcuz their teams suck, but because they just cant't dominate great comp year in year out.

I think most of the superstars in the west coast are severely over rated. Harden cough Howard cough Pail cough Griffin cough KD cough Russy cough Should we go on?

Yall keep these superstars but they have proven to be garbage year in and year out.

Only team in the western conference who is any good is the one facing the Cavs. The rest of the west is at home.

Yes if he was on the Warriors, How about if he switched with CP3 And didn't have a team completely built to his strengths, Or Traded with L.Aldridge on the Blazers. etc etc..

He's been able to literally dominate other teams in the East, he plays great, his role players do just enough.. and usually out east that's enough to atleast Guarantee ECF. In the West however thing are FAR from that simple we see, guys who are top 5 or atleast arguably get bounced every single year. not because of them or bcuz their teams suck, but because they just cant't dominate great comp year in year out.
True but the flipside of that coin is that if every team on the West is so stacked then no matter what top 8 team he went to would be better than anything he had in the East and if he's taking these subpar East teams to the finals every year then he's sweeping his way to the finals in the West.

There is nothing wrong with the competition that Lebron as bested in the East Playoffs in his Finals runs.

To call the East weak compared to the West is one thing, but to call the teams Lebron has beat in the East Playoffs "inferior", is just silly to me. They are inferior for one reason, and that reason is because they don't have a Lebron, the end.

Splitting hairs if you ask me. All those East teams had studs. I believe the Hawks could have turned out close to the same record this year If they were in the West.

Just me though. 

Last edited:

Yes and he's done it Twice, Once against OKC in there first trip, And the SA Spurs which went 7...

In his losses

Swept (That team around him had no chance.. With that said even at that point i remember people calling him the Best in the L, So i Figure that's enough to atleast get a win or two but i Digress)

Mavs - The Heat wwere CLEARLY a more talented team & D-Wade was still Prime D-Wade at that time, Lebron put up possibly the WORST performance from a GOAT contender ever. Averaged 17-18 a game. being guarded by J.Terry, JJ, & an elderly Marion.

LY Spurs - Received the biggest combined Margin of Victory in finals History.. Clearly the Spurs were the better team, but MIA was not that far outmatched for him to not keep any of the games atleast close.

Then you factor in the fatigue factor and emotional factor playing against a team in Every round who really has a chance at beating you if you don't play top notch Ball throughout the playoffs. All those trips to the Finals with the Heat he was able to coast or play half assed until the conference Finals, that is a luxury that isn't Afforded in the West.

Hell look at the year Dirk beat them, He Went through the Portland, Lakers, Spurs all while being the Lone Superstar on that team, Do you know how much of a burden that is to put on a player in one Playoff year?

Yes and he's done it Twice, Once against OKC in there first trip, And the SA Spurs which went 7...

In his losses

Swept (That team around him had no chance.. With that said even at that point i remember people calling him the Best in the L, So i Figure that's enough to atleast get a win or two but i Digress)

Mavs - The Heat wwere CLEARLY a more talented team & D-Wade was still Prime D-Wade at that time, Lebron put up possibly the WORST performance from a GOAT contender ever. Averaged 17-18 a game. being guarded by J.Terry, JJ, & an elderly Marion.

LY Spurs - Received the biggest combined Margin of Victory in finals History.. Clearly the Spurs were the better team, but MIA was not that far outmatched for him to not keep any of the games atleast close.

Then you factor in the fatigue factor and emotional factor playing against a team in Every round who really has a chance at beating you if you don't play top notch Ball throughout the playoffs. All those trips to the Finals with the Heat he was able to coast or play half assed until the conference Finals, that is a luxury that isn't Afforded in the West.

Hell look at the year Dirk beat them, He Went through the Portland, Lakers, Spurs all while being the Lone Superstar on that team, Do you know how much of a burden that is to put on a player in one Playoff year?

I've never been an NBA player so I can't really imagine the burden

and mama alwYs told me becareful who you love, dome going round n break t
yarn girls hart. hheeeee

and billy jean thats mai lover.

curry for finals mvp.

In his losses

But the first game was close and they won game 2. After that it was points city.

The old if u replace lebron with any superstar on x team they would still when theory gotta stop. When we say if he was west he wouldn't be in 5 straight finals... Its the same thing, we will never know.
its proven fax that lebrons teams would have made the finals 2 times at most if they were in the west these past five years

True but the flipside of that coin is that if every team on the West is so stacked then no matter what top 8 team he went to would be better than anything he had in the East and if he's taking these subpar East teams to the finals every year then he's sweeping his way to the finals in the West.

We've seen him Lose & go to several game 7's in the East with a STACKED team build perfectly to all of his strengths so how he would sweep through the West is comical... So sure if you sent him to the Spurs or This years Warriors team then of course their stacked

You send him to any team in that bottom four of The Western Conference, sure the team is good, but it's not Stacked in comparison to the Top teams In the West.

Lebron in Portland For LA is not winning the West
Lebron In NO for Davis is not Winning the West
Lebron in Dallas for Dirk is not winning the West
Lebron in LA for CP3 is not winning the West

etc etc As much as the media loves to say Lebron on wateva team is a championship team is a lie, because we've seen him go against teams with just as much talent or even more on his side & he's gotten dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom