Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

I think we can win the division cause for 1, the Cowboys are the Cowboys, 2 the Eggles don't seem so tough right now, and 3 RGIII is a bus rolling, injury prone bum.

Lions as 5-point favorites, am I missing something? Cruz, Randle, OBJ, and Jernigan are liable to expose their corners. Safety help over the top isn't great. Last season, Prince put clamps on Megatron to eliminate Detroit from the playoffs. G-Men winning, 24-20.

I think we can win the division cause for 1, the Cowboys are the Cowboys, 2 the Eggles don't seem so tough right now, and 3 RGIII is a bus rolling, injury prone bum.
Like usual, NFC East is up for grabs. Dallas has so many deficiencies defensively. Gruden has a serious dilemma on his hands if RG3 struggles and folks in DC call for Cousins. Philly's defensive play is up in the air, Foles is primed for a sophomoric-like slump.

Lions as 5-point favorites, am I missing something? Cruz, Randle, OBJ, and Jernigan are liable to expose their corners. Safety help over the top isn't great. Last season, Prince put clamps on Megatron to eliminate Detroit from the playoffs. G-Men winning, 24-20.
Like usual, NFC East is up for grabs. Dallas has so many deficiencies defensively. Gruden has a serious dilemma on his hands if RG3 struggles and folks in DC call for Cousins. Philly's defensive play is up in the air, Foles is primed for a sophomoric-like slump.

Trying a little reverse psychology for the Eagles being the eternal Giant optimist? I see what you're doing in here. :nerd:

But with that said, I agree with all of your points, besides Foles having a slump.

Last edited:
It was a joke, my good dude. You seem to be a reasonable Eagles fan which is not the easiest to find.

I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I'm expecting 9-10 wins. I think we will find a way to have the Offense clicking. If we can score 20-24 a game I think we will be fine.

9-10 wins? that is overly optimistic,m if we had a good offensive line I'd feel that way. I don't trust anyone except Pugh on that line and that's downright scary. All I hear is "work in progress" about this offense and the season starts tomorrow. :x

Eagles defense is nowhere near as good as the Giants, but their offense is clearly best in the division. Cowboys and ******** are more than likely going to be awful.

I just hope the line figures out a way to pass protect but we have a bunch of guys out of position and/or hurt right now. Hopefully the run game looks as good as it did during the pre-season.

Last edited:
I really don't feel good about this season, I'm expecting 5-11, hoping for a lucky 9-7 season if everything goes right. Besides corner are we actually better at any position compared to last year?

Seems like I'm more worried about the defense than everyone else. Corners and safeties mean nothing if QBs have all day to throw. We're really counting on JPP and Damontre to play well, bc Ayers and Kiwanuka might not even make a lot of NFL teams. And Jameel Mcclain looked noticeably awful in preseason, I hope it's just bc it was preseason.

The offense is a big question mark. It could surprise if Beatty returns to form, but who knows how he, Richburg, Walton, and Mosley do. I just hope they don't get Eli injured or permanently shook.

The cowboys should have a good offense and atrocious defense (prob 7-9). The eagles will probably run away with the division off the strength of their offense (11-5), and I have no idea what to expect from Washington (prob 6-10). Should be an interesting season with all of the changes though, I hope I'm wrong about the way this year will go.

This team is very hard to predict / pinpoint in terms of a prediction right now.

All I can say is I'm very excited for 2 things. 1 is the defense and 2 is Rashad Jennings.

Here's hoping I'm right.

Giants name team captains: Eli Manning and Victor Cruz (offense), Antrel Rolle and Jon Beason (defense) and Zak DeOssie (special teams).

Ben McAdoo is meeting with the media for the first time today, can't wait to see what he says about the offense thus far....

Last edited:
Nicks and Bradshaw playing hard for Indy...

I really liked Bradshaw and had high hopes for Nicks but oh well...

We need the secondary to step up big time tom and get some damn pressure on stafford. The defense must keep us in the game. Limited faith in the offense. Pound it with jennings/williams..set up quick passes...keep em off the field..execute on both sides...so basically....everything has to go right.

This season just like last year falls on the line, and it's in shambles right now.

If we can't pass protect or run block this offense won't work at all.

I just hope the offense doesn't put a ton of pressure on the defense like last season, but I predict that it will unless they show me something.

Eli has proven to be a winner if he has the protection there consistently, so we'll see how it goes.

Running game and defense has me excited.

This season just like last year falls on the line, and it's in shambles right now.

If we can't pass protect or run block this offense won't work at all.

I just hope the offense doesn't put a ton of pressure on the defense like last season, but I predict that it will unless they show me something.

Eli has proven to be a winner if he has the protection there consistently, so we'll see how it goes.

Running game and defense has me excited.

As bad as the O-Line looked at times this preseason, it did a pretty good job in the run game. I really don't know what to expect tomorrow, and us Giants fans are far too used to that. It's like we either come out and play great, or just lay an egg.

I'm still confident in Eli, even though many fans aren't. He just needs some damn time to throw the ball.

Like you, I'm really excited to see our defense go up against a prolific offense in Detroit. It will be great having Beason back, as he makes a world of difference and will anchor the middle of the field.

Almost game time, fellas. :smokin

I'm confident in Eli he's a proven winner, but if you can't protect the quarterback you can't win in this league. Plus the WR depth without Beckham is no bueno.

L tonight. I expect the defense to do a good job in the first half, then in the second get tired from being on the field for so long. Good thing is, Detroit doesn't have a great defense so our sorry O line might be okay.

Last season was quite rough, and I feel it's going to be another disappointing season. Will tune in to tonight of course.

thinking about getting a jpp or eli jersey. what says you fine gentlemen?

I try to buy jerseys of players that will be all time greats for that team or players I'm just a huge fan of. JPP will probably be like Tuck. Damn good for a few years and then go to another team. Eli is the best QB the Giants have ever had and a big part of two SB rings. I have a blue and white Eli. I want a Cruz (because he's Puerto Rican) and Rolle (been wanting one since the day he came) but I'm not paying $300 for a jersey. I vote for Eli.

I have an Eli and bought a Cruz after he signed the long term deal because he's Puerto Rican. Both after they went to Nike because I hated the Reebok ones.

Back
Top Bottom