Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

hqdefault.jpg

McAdoo gonna need to update his resume in a few weeks. I've never seen a team of such dumb players. Actually unintelligent, dumb. From jernigan and donnell looking at the ball go past them, to a rollout where the only 2 elligible receivers are blocking? and just the overall inept play of the line. Hope this season doesn't permanatly destroy Eli

yo this team's kinda wacker than i thought this year

they look totally disjointed like they haven't played together ever

New offensive system, new O line for the most part (which is terrible) and the WR's are lost.

Defense is good, will get better. Don't have an answer for Calvin, which no team does.

So:

- oline trash. Kind of knew that going in but was hoping it would be better
-run game should be an improvement but with a garbage oline it not as easy for Jennings or Williams to do much damage
-receivers haven't impressed me. I love Cruz but he's not a #1 WR. Also, I wished we had bigger receivers, like 6'4 or bigger. Outside of Washington and randle, I think everyone is 6 or under. None of them really have that speed. They would be manhandled against more bigger, physical cb's
-run d was pretty good. We spent $$ on the secondary in the offseason and so far it's looking bad. On one hand megatron is the best WR but they need to improve more. Some of the plays were just :x. Stafford haven't really been pressured much tonight either.

We have texans in 2 weeks and the nfc west too, those dlines will feast on eli

Last edited:
McAdoo gonna need to update his resume in a few weeks. I've never seen a team of such dumb players. Actually unintelligent, dumb. From jernigan and donnell looking at the ball go past them, to a rollout where the only 2 elligible receivers are blocking? and just the overall inept play of the line. Hope this season doesn't permanatly destroy Eli

Donnell is a back-up TE starting, he's still developing and some of his athleticism showed yesterday.

Receivers: Jernigan and Randle have absolutely ZERO excuse for playing the way they do. Same old story with these guys: Dropped passes and miscommunication. Lets not get too over emotional about this game, though. With the ODB actually getting into the offense should open things up a little bit.

O-Line: They didnt do too bad, but WRs werent open either. I think Beatty will get better as the season progresses.

Front 7: I was very happy with the way the defense played last night overall. We were able to get to the QB with our front 4, although we missed a couple of sacks and the refs missed a lot of holding calls.

Secondary: At the end of the day, we had to put up with #81. I still don't know how Rolle lost Megatron on a couple of plays.

We have good Man Coverage DBs, why the hell does Fewell continue to play Zone?

Outside of the fluke play to start the game, the offense put the defense in tough spots and forced a few three and outs and FG's, were on the field too long.

Secondary had a few mis-communication issues, and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down late. They converted a few 3rd and long situations, it was pretty much run, run, throw to 81 for the Lions.

The run defense continues to impress and the Giants rarely miss tackles.

Giants o-line is suspect but we all knew that, Lions front 7 is good and this was a tough matchup from the get-go.

I did like our TE and Washington being big targets in the endzone on those fades, Giants really need the offensive line to help the RB's have clear lanes to run through.

If there is no effective run game to help Eli Manning, it'll be a long season. Eli played out of his mind the last Superbowl run without a run game, but its unrealistic to expect that level of play again.

I still predict 8-8.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. Does Eli still deserve a pass? We always talk about the WRs but we can't continue to let Eli get a break just because the receivers are young or we have no protection from the O-Line. This is starting to establish itself as a trend. It definitely isn't all him but he does have to factor into our issues.

Nobody is excusing him as he does make bad decisions, but let's be real here. When Eli has the time to make his 2nd or 3rd reads he makes the plays necessary, at some point the line needs to help the RB's and pass protect on a consistent basis. It goes hand in hand and he does need more help as well. It shouldn't be all on Eli to carry the team yet AGAIN.

the longer this goes on the worse eli will play and the harder it will overcome

this offense might have damaged eli's psyche for good

Let's be honest. Does Eli still deserve a pass? We always talk about the WRs but we can't continue to let Eli get a break just because the receivers are young or we have no protection from the O-Line. This is starting to establish itself as a trend. It definitely isn't all him but he does have to factor into our issues.

Dude won 2 superbowls in the past 6 years against the golden child of the NFL.

Leave my N Eli alone, he deserves a pass.

Besides, last night it wasn't Eli that was bad. Players just staring at the ball instead of clawing that ish out of the air. Every single play Eli got a Detroit Lion on his *** cause his line ain't doing they're job.

Nobody is excusing him as he does make bad decisions, but let's be real here. When Eli has the time to make his 2nd or 3rd reads he makes the plays necessary, at some point the line needs to help the RB's and pass protect on a consistent basis. It goes hand in hand and he does need more help as well. It shouldn't be all on Eli to carry the team yet AGAIN.
I'll agree there. But that means the problem is more than just protection from the line though, this is extending to the front office. Something has to change. The past 3 years we've talked about O-Line issues and we have yet to actually improve from that, though attempts were made they haven't been delivering. We have to shake something up. Can't keep doing this plug and play patchwork stuff thinking it'll maintain.

I'm frustrated if you can't tell :lol:

Last edited:
They've at least attempted to address the issue the past two years, Pugh does look good out there, but some guys are out and Beatty hasn't looked good at LT at all. There were some instances where Eli had time, few drops here and there, and a bad throw to Cruz where he didn't see the safety (should've led him more towards the sideline), things get magnified when you don't do the little things well.

With Beckham out there along with the other guys, I think the receiving core can be better than what's been shown (problem is the Giants are relying heavily on him to be the "man"). They really have difficulties creating separation however. There was one play where Eli scrambled to his right and had two guys down field, but they were both blocking. :lol: :x

If it'snot one thing one week it's another, and next week vs the Cardinals won't be easy at all, their defense is special despite the losses on injury. Must win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom