Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
College basketball has been SO bad for a while now. Last exciting years I remember were when JJ Reddick and Adam Morrison were dropping 30 or 40 every night during the season. There have been decent NCAA tourneys since then but I honestly haven't cared for quite some time.

Like when was the last good duke/UNC game? I can't think off the top of my head. Since hansbourough W's there?

Right now one and dones play for like 2 months, miss the tournament, and still get drafted number 1 and we're expected to know anything about them? I miss when 1 and dones had an impact. Steph Curry. Kevin Durant. Kevin Love.

I agree that ANY measure taken would help the college game and I hope it happens.
I take all of this and argue that any measure should be taken to let HS graduates enter the draft 
laugh.gif

"One year" in college doesn't really do anyone favors except for the NCAA

College basketball has been SO bad for a while now. Last exciting years I remember were when JJ Reddick and Adam Morrison were dropping 30 or 40 every night during the season. There have been decent NCAA tourneys since then but I honestly haven't cared for quite some time.

Like when was the last good duke/UNC game? I can't think off the top of my head. Since hansbourough W's there?

Right now one and dones play for like 2 months, miss the tournament, and still get drafted number 1 and we're expected to know anything about them? I miss when 1 and dones had an impact. Steph Curry. Kevin Durant. Kevin Love.

I agree that ANY measure taken would help the college game and I hope it happens.

Uh Steph Curry played three years at Davidson. And every Duke-UNC matchup was within 10 points this year so I don't know what you constitute as a "good game" but those were all good hard fought games. What one and dones are you even saying had no impact, played only two months and didn't play in the tourney?

Steph curry is the one guy known to have been a late bloomer and not the typical superstar in high school/college haha. Even when curry started gaining some hype later in college there were still plenty of doubters. Maybe Cali just made an honest mistake

Last edited:
Steph curry is the one guy known to have been a late bloomer and not the typical superstar in high school/college haha. Even when curry started gaining some hype later in college there were still plenty of doubters. Maybe Cali just made an honest mistake

But he was a superstar in college. I'd say Westbrook fits that description more than Steph

But he was a superstar in college. I'd say Westbrook fits that description more than Steph
Yeah I worded it wrong but my overall point is that Curry is the posterboy for not one and done who obviously went on to do great things at the next level

What I meant was he wasn't the hyped superstar coming in to college. Like I said, even when he did get hype, the small school label was still very present. It was the "yeah he's putting up numbers... but"

As evidenced where he went in the draft

It just doesn't make any sense for anyone other than the NCAA to force students who you know is headed for NBA in a few months, to college for like 4 months.

The NCAA is so bad man. The shot clock, the pace of the game, the officiating, you've got future pros playing with a bunch of amateurs, there's just so little IMO you can gain from watching a prospect int that context.

And not to mention the obvious issue of paying these future prospects. This may seem little to some, but social media is churning out superstars before they ever set foot on college campuses. It's always been like this, but social media is kind of amplifying it. They're bringing their fans and potential revenue to your school and they don't get a dime for that?? That's BS.

I think it's a no brainer that 1) The option for players to not go to college and declare for the NBA / G League draft should be available and 2) G League salaries have to be raised.

If you think about it, it's kinda crazy how the NBA didn't always have the age rule

At this point the 1 and done is probably the best compromise we're going to get. I don't see the Players Union ever giving up any ground on this topic

I'm all for the utilization of a properly-run, well-financed developmental league. That's the only way I'll be totally on board with allowing HS entry again. There needs to be a legit farm system in place.

NCAA Basketball needs to die tho.

There's no way you can logically sit up here and say that it's the best course for development. If you're fighting for the NCAA...you're just caught up in the prestige and tradition of it all. You don't really give a **** about "education" and making sure they're "ready" for the NBA. 

It's regular people out with 4 year degrees that are struggling right now. Stop pretending that the NCAA is actually looking out for these kids. It's a crock of ********. 

Last edited:
They actually have people believing that staying in college, with amateur teammates, archaic rules, and a snail pace, is actually preparing guys for the league...

These 1 and done guys are guys that we've known for years are going to the NBA, makes no sense to make them go to college for a couple of months. It's the NBA looking out for the NCAA, it's all it is.

They actually have people believing that staying in college, with amateur teammates, archaic rules, and a snail pace, is actually preparing guys for the league...

These 1 and done guys are guys that we've known for years are going to the NBA, makes no sense to make them go to college for a couple of months. It's the NBA looking out for the NCAA, it's all it is.
We have this discussion so much 
laugh.gif
 agreed 100% though

I think outside of the NFL...the NCAA has the most die-hard fanbase because of how long it's been in existence. You can put facts in front of a person's face about all this ****...but if they bleed Carolina or Kentucky Blue...or whatever...they ain't trying to hear that ****. They've already drank the kool aid. 

I also find very interesting...that nobody gives a **** about the "education" of European players. Nobody ever says "well if Mikolo Testovic doesn't pan out, at least he has a 4 year degree". 

Last edited:
Yeah like it's okay for Slavocavich to be a pro since 12, no one in the NBA cares about their quality of education, their livelihood, etc. but in America you can't turn pro until you're a year removed from HS.

Last edited:
Once somebody brings up the education argument bs in regards to top NBA prospects no point even talking to em any further

Shoulda always been 18 and ova and leave it at that...they got the D League and overseas for the players who enter don't get picked

STEPH wasn't a 1 and done tho...

Word, misspoke there.

I understand this is the NBA thread but dudes in here are really saying **** college basketball and that it needs to die?? Are you kidding me? The NCAA Tournament is one of the greatest things in the world and college basketball fans > NBA fans by a wide margin.

College basketball is absolute crap and should die. Idk how you see it otherwise.

This whole college fans > pro fans is a nonsense reason to support something that is pure exploration.

Last edited:

I think outside of the NFL...the NCAA has the most die-hard fanbase because of how long it's been in existence. You can put facts in front of a person's face about all this ****...but if they bleed Carolina or Kentucky Blue...or whatever...they ain't trying to hear that ****. They've already drank the kool aid. 

I also find very interesting...that nobody gives a **** about the "education" of European players. Nobody ever says "well if Mikolo Testovic doesn't pan out, at least he has a 4 year degree". 

Yeah like it's okay for Slavocavich to be a pro since 12, no one in the NBA cares about their quality of education, their livelihood, etc. but in America you can't turn pro until you're a year removed from HS.
So many words and no lies were told.

If it wasn't for the NBA helping college with the one n done rule nobody would even watch NCAA basketball ...it would be literally only the die hard fans of a few teams n then everybody else would watch for like a week in March

Let the best players go to the league now stop wasting their time and earning potential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom