Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

4BiLVh31siRb8_W-Pct3Iha57mqfakOY8qGJs_LknUE.jpg

I wish Orlando Salido is signed to Top Rank because all of his fights are worthy of sequels.

Last edited:
Man the stamina on both Vargas and Salido. Vargas' face post fight was nasty he ate some headbutts.

I honestly think Salido won :/. The early rounds were tough to judge but i usually favor the fighter applying the pressure and Salido was landing some nice body shots early. Vargas better take some time off. Two wars the last two fights he has had.

The opener was a good fight too on this card. The announcers were like ummm did they just say Lopez won??? I thought lopez landed better shots early and the announcers were like "Ramirez is doing more damage" i didn't agree. Max Kellerman is my boy too that dude to me is my favorite commentator out. Every time i say something max will say the same thing and im always like kellerman...you my boy :lol:

Michael Montero ‏@MonteroOnBoxing  2h2 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
#PBConESPN cards slated for July 2, 9, 15, 21 & Aug 5, 12 - all currently "TBA" with no fights/locations announced. What's the plan? #boxing

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  2h2 hours ago
Steve Kim Retweeted Michael Montero
to get rid of the dates, be done with this contract and boxing and then focus on getting the UFC deal...
Can they at least bring back FNF? 
frown.gif

mean.gif

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://es.pn/1thQKdL[/URL]"]
 Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  9m9 minutes ago

I'm told Daniel Jacobs defends his 160 belt vs. Sergio Mora in a rematch 7/30 on Showtime on the Santa... http://es.pn/1thQKdL 

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn  8m8 minutes ago

I'm told Deontay Wilder's heavyweight title defense will be vs Chris Arreola 7/16 at Legacy Arena in Birmingham... http://es.pn/1TW5WUf 
[/quote]

Thank you for keeping us updated. But thumbs down to both these fights. I can not think of two more meaningless fights.

Last edited:
I can live with both if Wilder still fights Povetkin later this year, and Jacobs fights GGG in December. 

I know his last samples came up clean but how has Povetkin's team explained the dirty test that happened earlier?

Either way if they fight that's cool, but I'd rather see Wilder vs Fury if he gets past Klitschko. Looks like their schedules are lined up perfectly too, both fighting a week apart in July.

^
:rofl:

Can we get a thread tittle update??
I wish PBC would promote the upcoming Thurman vs Porter fight a lil more, were literally getting a free PPV bout here. Literally my most anticipated fight all year.

I know his last samples came up clean but how has Povetkin's team explained the dirty test that happened earlier?

Either way if they fight that's cool, but I'd rather see Wilder vs Fury if he gets past Klitschko. Looks like their schedules are lined up perfectly too, both fighting a week apart in July.
They are still claming that it's from his use of Meldonium in September before the ban was put in place. 

It's a weird situtation because suppousledy IIRC Povetkin's sample had a really low amount of the substance in it, and to my knowledge there really is no benenfit to micro-dosing Meldonium. 

I'd be cool with Fury-Wilder too, but I'm expecting Wlad to win the rematch. 
I think GGG and eubank are gona fight nov or oct.
Loffler's been on record stating GGG is fighting in September regarldess of what happens with Canelita.  Saunders, Jacobs, and probably Hopkins are all higher on their wishlist than Eubank, and Eubank Sr is just running his mouth to promote Jr's fight on the 25th. 

Not interested in Mora Jacobs again. Wilder should wipe Chris out inside 3 rounds. Glad to see Lomachenko back in action this weekend, got him winning a UD. I'm thinking Provodnikov stops Molina inside 8 as well.

They are still claming that it's from his use of Meldonium in September before the ban was put in place. 

It's a weird situtation because suppousledy IIRC Povetkin's sample had a really low amount of the substance in it, and to my knowledge there really is no benenfit to micro-dosing Meldonium. 

I'd be cool with Fury-Wilder too, but I'm expecting Wlad to win the rematch.

Yeah it was just weird because his first random test was negative and then he popped on his second test a couple weeks later, not sure how that happens. But either way I'm praying Wlad doesn't win. Fury's a clown but at least he's entertaining. Plus Fury vs. Wilder or Joshua down the line would be great.

Boxing Leaks ‏@BoxingLeaks  43m43 minutes ago
@BoxingLeaks Time to start thinking about what happens if GBP loses this case.
 Brandon Bernica ‏@bbern15  37m37 minutes ago
@BoxingLeaks no way they retroactively lose canelo's rights, right? Would probably be a huge settlement?

@BoxingLeaks
@bbern15 if they lose, I am told Canelo contract is null/void.
 mexicanstyleboxing ‏@sicvic24  29m29 minutes ago
@BoxingLeaks how does a small promotion come to the figure of $27 million in damages?

Boxing Leaks ‏@BoxingLeaks  24m24 minutes ago
@sicvic24 entitlement based on canelo revenue generated from events these past few years.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom