Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

I'm not sure how to judge GGG vs Floyd due to the fact that we haven't seen GGG fight anyone ELITE yet. Which isn't completely his fault, but it's hard to judge from him knocking out good, but not great fighters. Floyd's retired though. So let's leave that alone.

I am not saying that Mayweather isn't capable of fighting at an elite level into his 40's. But keep in mind that Hopkin's game doesn't revolve around speed and reflexes as much as Mayweather. B-Hop's footwork is very economic, he slides just inches enough to frustrate his opponents. Hopkin's also lives a very clean lifestyle maintaining a very strict diet.

Mayweather will always be in great shape. He's an Elite Athlete with an athletic frame and good genes.

Look at Sr... Man is still quick as **** and beating up cats at the gym. :lol:

Somebody post that video of Sr. putting paws on that white boy, and then dude sucker punched Sr.

Floyd at 34-35 is not gonna see GGG in his current state. Aside from the size and power difference Floyds hands would betray him in this fight, because in this fight he would have to earn GGG respect in the power category. If he cant do that no way he wins

GGG is just to big, 12 rounds of you slipping punches will only last so long before GGG starts going at that body. Floyd would have to be on his bike all night now letting GGG be able to sit down on punches which honestly is inevitable.

What separates GGG from the rest of the fighters is his patience, footwork, and lack of frustration. Canelo is not GGG by any means and should they ever fight we will all see that

I actually agree with all of this and its interesting but if anyone can do it its Floyd that could have GGG frustrated all night because he cant have that same gameplan you just said.Floyd probably wouldnt let him because hes that good of a fighter. We havent saw GGG fight anyone elite like others have said and its not his fault but idk.

If anything I know that's one person Floyd would not want to fight at all :lol:

Yeah the last thing il say on it just because i like hypothetical's is that I don't think that GGG can eventually get to floyd. I know GGG can cut off the ring but so could other fighters floyd has faced. The fight would never happen we know but if floyd got the weight class he wanted with a re-hydration clause i have no doubt he could pick and pop to a UD in 12

Not to mention people say like "oh you can beat floyd if..." but he has never lost (officially). So to come up with a scenario for it is kind or moot most of the time.

Yeah the last thing il say on it just because i like hypothetical's is that I don't think that GGG can eventually get to floyd. I know GGG can cut off the ring but so could other fighters floyd has faced. The fight would never happen we know but if floyd got the weight class he wanted with a re-hydration clause i have no doubt he could pick and pop to a UD in 12

Not to mention people say like "oh you can beat floyd if..." but he has never lost (officially). So to come up with a scenario for it is kind or moot most of the time.

GGG has never lost too. *scratches head*

You may say because GGG never fought anybody of Floyds caliber, but same goes with Floyd.

A real natural super strong middle weight who is bigger, longer and stronger.

GGG has one of highest KO/Win ratios in history! And these aren't featherweights or lightweights he's knocking out! These are middle weights and light heavyweights!

Floyd has never fought a bantamweight either. Ya know why? He was too busy moving up or fighting at his actual weight. Not trying to fight ridiculously smaller guys.

Floyd has never fought a bantamweight either. Ya know why? He was too busy moving up or fighting at his actual weight. Not trying to fight ridiculously smaller guys.

Is that a dig at his fight this Saturday? I love it when folks beat a dead horse.

Brook's promoter made that happened when his legit middleweight fighter backed out.

Golovkin is not a big middleweight by any means. It isn't like he walks at 190 and cuts to 160 the way that Brook walks at 180 and cuts to 147.

I still don't like the fight either way, but people misconstrue Golovkin's record of stopping people with him being a monstrously huge middleweight.

Is that a dig at his fight this Saturday? I love it when folks beat a dead horse.

Brook's promoter made that happened when his legit middleweight fighter backed out.

Golovkin is not a big middleweight by any means. It isn't like he walks at 190 and cuts to 160 the way that Brook walks at 180 and cuts to 147.

I still don't like the fight either way, but people misconstrue Golovkin's record of stopping people with him being a monstrously huge middleweight.

It's technically not beating a dead horse if the fight didn't happen yet. W/ that out of the way, Idc what Brook walks around at. He has never, again, NEVER fought at middleweight. The only reason I brought it up is b/c ppl seem to bash FMW for not fighting GGG. I don't understand that double standard. But carry on.... Hopefully it's a better fight than I think it'll be. It would be great to see Brook shock ppl, but I doubt that'll be the outcome.

Walking around weight is irrelevant.

What weight can you make, and what weight have you fought at is what matters.

He wasn't above not making weight though right?

You going to forget Floyd agreed to fight JMM at 144 (who was jumping up from 135), and instead weighed in at 146 and didn't even attempt to make the CW. 

What an honorable sportsman that guy Floyd was. 

Last edited:
Floyd basically did the same thing with Marquez. Marquez never fought above 135. Floyd made him come up to 146.

It's technically not beating a dead horse if the fight didn't happen yet. W/ that out of the way, Idc what Brook walks around at. He has never, again, NEVER fought at middleweight. The only reason I brought it up is b/c ppl seem to bash FMW for not fighting GGG. I don't understand that double standard. But carry on.... Hopefully it's a better fight than I think it'll be. It would be great to see Brook shock ppl, but I doubt that'll be the outcome.

I would never bash Mayweather for not fighting Golovkin though I do believe Golovkin would have no problem making 154 or even 150 if Mayweather asked. The two simply weren't in the same realm at the right time for that fight to have happened.

I also can't bash Golovkin or Ward for not fighting each other because no matter what coaches say I don't believe that fight should happen. Ward is a big dude in his prior weight class and now a light heavyweight, Golovkin to me is a small middleweight.

Floyd basically did the same thing with Marquez. Marquez never fought above 135. Floyd made him come up to 146.
The agreed weight was 144. Floyd showed up to the weigh in at 148. This was the reason Manny's camp demanded the $1 million per pound over fee in the initial negotiations.

Nope.

Kells gona do a lot of dancing and clinching first 3 rounds and then GGG is gona get pissed and knock his fat *** out.

Back
Top Bottom