Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

[quote name="FightNews.com"]
Golovkin, Brook make weight

Gennady Golovkin 158.8 vs. Kell Brook 159.4
(WBC/IBF World middleweight title)

Lee Haskins 117 vs. Stuart Hall 116.5
(IBF bantamweight title)

John Riel Casimero 111 vs. Charlie Edwards 111
(IBF flyweight title)

Venue: O2 Arena, London, England
Promoter: Matchroom, K2
TV: HBO[/quote]

Official weigh-ins went smoothly with Brook weighing in slightly heavier than Golovkin as I expected.

British tabloid media going off saying Golovkin looks drawn and ill, alluding to potential weakness or not taking Brook seriously.

Whos that dude that saod hes homies wit rosado?

Does he have problems makin weight? If he looses again is he gona hang em up?

It was pretty cool to see GGG go in for the handshake after the stare down. I admire that type of respect.

Honestly that's about the worst he's looked at a weigh in.

Still think he KO's Brook regardless (he KO'd Gabe with the flu) but the fight has gotten a little more intriguing. He declined to do interviews after, and cut them short yesterday.

Last edited:
Honestly that's about the worst he's looked at a weigh in.

Still think he KO's Brook regardless (he KO'd Gabe with the flu) but the fight has gotten a little more intriguing. He declined to do interviews after, and cut them short yesterday.

Maybe it's the time zone change or something? Idk. He does look sick though.

Froch got a nose job which probably confirms that he's done.  Cant see him spending all that money just to get ****** up

again by GGG. 

Before 

It turned out well.

Really diggin Brooks confidence. There's guys that sells fights and act and say what the people want to see and hear.

He truly believe he's gonna shock the world! Respect!

Maybe it's the time zone change or something? Idk. He does look sick though.
They only arrived in the UK a couple of days ago but GGG looked fine at the open workout, and his team stated that they usually left later for his fights in Monaco. 

I'm thinking it's the flu or food poisoning. 

Last edited:
I am praying to God that Brook wins. Not because I feel any way about Triple G, but because Brook is my favorite active boxer.

^ I like both fighters, but prefer GGG to win, so Canelo can still be pressured to fight him. If GGG loses, Canelo will be making another excuse not to fight him. I just hope Brook doesn't get knocked out unless it's a by a body punch. Although I'm not counting Brook out, I still see him today as the best defensive fighter in the WW division, maybe his defense can carry to MW.

Germain (Monrovia CA)

I am hearing that WBA will mandate GGG and Jacobs to fight next immediately (should they both win), I hope this is something they actually do and not just talk about it. I feel it would be a great fight overall if it does happen, if it doesn't happen little Billy joe has got to grow a pair and face GGG and possibly back in London. your thoughts?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak  (11:56 AM)

Gilberto Mendoza of the WBA told me the GGG-Jacobs fight will be ordered next if they win. GGG has an HBO date (probably Nov. 26) should he win and perhaps it can happen then if Jacobs also wins tonight.

Sith (Huntington Beach, CA) [via mobile]

Does it look like Lomachenko vs Salido will be the Manny co-feature??
No. Salido's mamager, Sean Gibbons (who is here because he also has Casimero in a title defense on the GGG-Brook card) told me today Salido will fight in Mexico before the end of the year and look for a bigger fight in 2017. He wants to rematch with Lomachenko or fight Miura or Vargas.

Elton (NYC)

So the rumor is GGG goes on 11/26 and Canelo on 12/10?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak  (1:53 PM)

It's not a rumor. Those are the dates HBO has penciled in.

Franco (Bryn Mawr, PA)

Are we witnessing a mild heel turn here from GGG...looks like Good Boy has been replaced by Clown in his vernacular.

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak  (2:22 PM)

LOL. His quote to me about Eubank was particularly awesome, that he is 50 percent clown and 50 percent fighter.
laugh.gif

Ggg fightin less then 3 months after this weekend? [emoji]128563[/emoji]

They keep canelo and ggg fightin the same months.

How is ggg vs jacobs gona work tho?

Ggg looks pale btw.

Last edited:
‘Absolutely no truth,’ Sanchez told Sky Sports when asked if GGG was sick.

Last edited:
kell brook might a have an even better chance to win depending on how severe GGG's illness is

he was sick with the flu when he fought rosado

Back
Top Bottom