Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

not really boxing in general

more so just this boxing thread specifically

i find that some boxing threads from other websites are either too immature or too pretentious

I know Jordan wants a GGG vs Ward fight so he can have the Jumpman all over the ring and both fighters

Dudes really acting like (haters) Mayweather was 28 and PAC was 36 lol. Mayweather was the older fighter at 38.

Just like Basketball... players like Chris Paul or Steph Curry will have a longer career then players like D. Rose and Westbrook.

Steph's ankles made of paper mache. They all have injuries at that age. Floyds hands been shot.

So what's up with Andre Ward claiming to have an email about a 50/50 agreement on everything to fight Golovkin and them returning an email turning it down? I feel like if he had such email, he would have presented it already instead of dragging it on.

i like ward and i think hes one of the best p4p rn but i dont really give anything he says about the issue any susbstance

he's calling golovkin "little g" and talking about 50/50 split, etc.

SHOW THE EMAIL! then i'll start believing him

he wants a 50/50 split but he cant even sell out a small arena in his own hometown.

When do you ever see paperwork made public? It's absurd to expect it.

What I am told from people I know @ Roc Nation is that the offer was made. And made very shortly after the Monroe fight. The problem was the first offer had a higher split for Ward. Which they then came down to 50/50.

And Golovkin's team basically acknowledged they got it and said they'd fight Ward 2 years after the offer was made (basically the same thing Jacobs said to GGG) so I don't know what more proof y'all need :lol:

All these dudes playing the "yea I'll fight you, just not right now" game when it's convenient. But y'all wanna doubt the dude moving up in weight to fight a guy nicknamed "Krusher".

Last edited:
I think it's funny the amount of people that call Canelo a duck for not fighting GGG. Dude has never fought at 160 or a true middleweight, yet people are demanding he moves up and fights the absolute best middleweight in the world like he's next in line for that fight.

How about GGG clean out his division? Stop giving him a pass for brining up a fighter from 147, and stop demanding he brings up another fighter in Canelo who still makes 154. I don't get it, GGG still has options at 160 like Billy Joe Saunders and Daniel Jacobs yet people demand Canelo move up to fight him.

I know people will say "oh nobody in 160 wants to fight him", well then how about HE move up? How come nobody criticizes him for that? Canelo has plenty of options at 154 since he can still make the weight, regardless of how big you guys think he is or how much he walks around at, what matters is what weight he can make.

And if and when he decides to move up to 160, if he chooses to, there's no reason why he shouldn't get a few fights to get accustomed to the weight class instead of fighting the best right away. But if he does, he will get criticized.

Dudes just love to hate on Canelo for I don't know what reason. Because he's backed by Oscar? Dude is a talented fighter who has a great resume. Yeah he's had some close fights but so what? A lot of great fighters have close fights that could have gone either way but people hold that against him like it's his fault.

Boxing fans, and their hypocrisy are funny. Acting like casuals.

Last edited:
speaking of jacobs... i remember when he fought and got knocked out by dmitry pirog

i didnt know pirog until that day and that dude was a beast

too bad he got injured in training preparing to fight GGG and had to retire early in his career

GGG vs Pirog would an epic matchup

Pirog was a beast back then.

I don't really know where I stand on the Canelo and GGG thing but folks in here are making compelling arguments. Too bad the media and casuals can't be this thoughtful. As I've said before, I wish more fighters would take the Paul Williams/Sergio Martinez route when guys don't want to fight you at a given weight class. Those two went up in weight and then fought each other when they couldn't get fights.

GGG is a true middleweight too. He could take a natural step up.

It's not like we're asking a guy who went LWW, WW, LMW, MW to go fight the best SMW.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is really caping for one person being in the moral high ground here we just want to see two good fighters go at it :lol:

Like i personally don't care but if you are a boxing fan why would you not want to see two great champs fight it out in the ring. Idc what weight class or where the fight takes place. I just want to see it happen sooner rather then later.

The other thing is, GGG's camp has been on record, it's on video, that they don't put out offers. They say they just sit back and wait for offers to come in. What kind of BS is that? How are you going to claim people duck you, when you're camp doesn't even try to make the fights happen?

Because when you're the champ you shouldn't have to seek fights, you should be the one that is sought after. I can't remember a time where there were so many fighters that DIDN'T want to go after the champ.

If you're the champ, and you want to truly unify the way you say you do, and you're not getting offers, what sense does it make to sit back and NOT go after what you claim is yours? That's a bunch of horse ****. Force their hand and make them fight by sending out offers if they're not getting any.

GGG claims he wants to unify right? So why does he want to go after Canelo who doesn't fight in his weight class? Why isn't he going after the other belt holders at 160? If he fights Canelo, GGG is the B side so why is Canelo being forced to move in up weight? Why wont GGG move down to 154 like he said he would for Flloyd in order to fight Canelo? Or why not meet in the middle? Why does Canelo have to make the concessions to the B side in a weight class above his own? GGG is the one who needs Canelo, not the other way around.

:lol: at the thought of him wanting to unify, claim their his titles, yet sit back and not force any fights when you're not getting offers.

GGG is as much as a hypocrite as his fans are.

Last edited:
Seeing a lot of birthday shoutouts for Pritchard Colon today. Apparently he's still in a coma.

Shouts to that man fighting the good fight.

Last edited:
If you're the champ, and you want to truly unify the way you say you do, and you're not getting offers, what sense does it make to sit back and NOT go after what you claim is yours? That's a bunch of horse ****. Force their hand and make them fight by sending out offers if they're not getting any.

GGG claims he wants to unify right? So why does he want to go after Canelo who doesn't fight in his weight class? Why isn't he going after the other belt holders at 160? If he fights Canelo, GGG is the B side so why is Canelo being forced to move in up weight? Why wont GGG move down to 154 like he said he would for Flloyd in order to fight Canelo? Or why not meet in the middle? Why does Canelo have to make the concessions to the B side in a weight class above his own? GGG is the one who needs Canelo, not the other way around.

:lol: at the thought of him wanting to unify, claim their his titles, yet sit back and not force any fights when you're not getting offers.

Bra Im confused by all of your banter. This fight came up and is a big fight bc Canelo decided he wanted to move up in weight and fight for a title at MIDDLEWEIGHT not light middle but the full middle weight title at 160. Mind you it was against Cotto, but I dont understand how your caping for someone who wants to move up and fight for belts he has no business in, especially when after that fight his next was at middleweight against khan

GGG can and will unify the Middleweight division you have other champs scared to fight him Billy Joe and Daniel Jacobs both names that have come up and dont want to fight unless they are making more then they should. Stop caping for Canelita and let the man who says he isnt afraid to step up and fight, fight

Last edited:
That one MW fight against Cotto was fought at 155. He still hasn't fought at 160.

Though I agree that if you're going to go for MW belts, you should be prepared to fight MWs.

https://shopggg.com/collections/jordan-apparel/products/ggg-jordan-t

First JB/GGG release.  I think I'm going to wait for a hoodie to drop.

View media item 2171384

this is it? Can we get some design....like anything ? Power point letters...outline color = yellow....fill color = turquoise...good enough print 30k

I know right? They're not even considered OGs, not Doernbechers, not BIN 23, not not anything I can buy for $35 + shipping and taxes and resell on ebay for $300. All kidding aside they should make some shoes for GGG.

Last edited:

Bra Im confused by all of your banter. This fight came up and is a big fight bc Canelo decided he wanted to move up in weight and fight for a title at MIDDLEWEIGHT not light middle but the full middle weight title at 160. Mind you it was against Cotto, but I dont understand how your caping for someone who wants to move up and fight for belts he has no business in, especially when after that fight his next was at middleweight against khan

GGG can and will unify the Middleweight division you have other champs scared to fight him Billy Joe and Daniel Jacobs both names that have come up and dont want to fight unless they are making more then they should. Stop caping for Canelita and let the man who says he isnt afraid to step up and fight, fight

Oh so now fighting Cotto is considered a true middleweight? Because last time I checked, everybody said he wasn't when he fought Martinez. So which one is it? Is he or is he not?

The Cotto fight had been a fight people wanted to see even before Cotto fought Martinez, and it was one that was already in the works so it's not like Canelo went after him to get the middleweight belt. That fight would have happened regardless of the outcome of Cotto/Martinez.

Let's also not forget that Cotto, made Canelo fight him at 155lbs because Cotto said it himself he didn't consider himself a middleweight, so **** with that
he fought for the belt" crap when that was pretty much irrelevant. So much so that he dropped the belt because Canelo knew he wasn't ready to move to 160, since he can still make and dominate 154. But people want to claim it's ducking. :rolleyes

Aint nobody caping, I'm just calling it like I see it. Guys like you act like casual *** fans that only look at the surface and don't even bother to use your heads when it comes to the sport.

GGG ain't worrying about no damn unification, he wants to get paid. Hes so worried about making money, he fought a ******* welterweight. That's shameful as hell. Now he wants to bring up Canelo from 154, and expects Canelo (the a side) to make the concessions. He's *** backwards.

"Caping" is the term used by a lot of you who cant come up with any kind of rebuttal to a logical and factual statement. Acting like damn simpletons.

Last edited:
Canelo nearly died making 154, almost gassed out against Liam Smith and probably needed drugs to make that weight. That's not his weight class any more. If he feels like it is, there's PLENTY of competition at 154.

Honestly, this wouldn't be an issue if Canelo didn't talk all of that trash. He could've easily said I want to get used to 160 before I fight GGG. He could've fought a Curtis Stevens then fought a Lemiux/Saunders - then gone after GGG. Instead he said he's ready to fight GGG today. Promptly vacated his belts to avoid fighting him, dropped down to 154 (the opposite of getting used to fighting middleweights) and now allegedly an offer is on the table for GGG.

The hate is real. You want to tell us why you are really mad?

I said it before and I'll say it again, the amount of absolute hate toward Golovkin is unreal. There has to be some underlying bias that prompts such passionate hate for one man.

All dude is saying is whether you are a real middleweight or not, you shouldn't fight for a middleweight title if you have no intention of defending the belt. Whether your name is Cotto or Canelo, pick your weight class and stay there without the catchweight garbage.

Last edited:
The hate is real. You want to tell us why you are really mad?

I said it before and I'll say it again, the amount of absolute hate toward Golovkin is unreal. There has to be some underlying bias that prompts such passionate hate for one man.

All dude is saying is whether you are a real middleweight or not, you should fight for a middleweight title if you have no intention of defending the belt. Whether your name is Cotto or Canelo, pick your weight class and stay there without the catchweight garbage.

Thank you, buddy ( niketalker23 niketalker23 ) clearly dont see it.

Loves Canelo to much, and readily ignores that Canelo has come out multiple times saying he is ready to fight GGG yet he continues to fight guys moving up 2 weight classes to fight in a class they dont belong in and have never fought in.

He talked about GGG fighting brook as bad. Last I checked the fight Canelo had with Khan was also for a middleweight title not Jr. and it was for Ring and WBC belts lol that Cotto didn't want.

GGG is king of MW division Canelo is the cash cow.

GGG destroys Canelo bc GGG will not respect his power and will walk through the oftentimes flat footed smaller fighter

Back
Top Bottom