Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

laugh.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/09/adrien-broner-threesome-sex-tape-case/

I was talking to cats in the gym yesterday who were SHOCKED this was actually happening (Yuri is an NY dude).

Thought Cotto retired Foreman back in 2010

6 years later his knee definitely not holding up

Lara is really just an elite journeyman these days. And knowing who he is, he will make the Foreman fight appear harder than it should be.

You think Wlad genuinely believes he can beat Joshua or is this just to get a big payday and ride off to the sunset?
I think he genuinely believes he can win. I also believe that he can win too. But that's only if he lets his hands go & doesn't fight anything like he did against Fury. Which I expect him to fight completely different. I honestly have no clue who would win this fight, but i'm leaning towards AJ due to activity. Wlad of course will always have a strong chance just off of experience alone.

He said this is his last year fighting. If he is victorious, I expect to see him rematch Canelo since both of them have nobody else to fight that is worth the risk-reward.
Wouldn't mind a Rematch Cinco De Mayo weekend just for the fact I'm going to Vegas for my boy bachelor party that weekend 
roll.gif

They better not make that damn rematch.

Would love to see Canelo vs a Charlo or Andrade, if the promotion side could get worked out. Cotto can face JMM and then they can both hang em up when it's over with

You think Wlad genuinely believes he can beat Joshua or is this just to get a big payday and ride off to the sunset?
I think he genuinely believes he can win. I also believe that he can win too. But that's only if he lets his hands go & doesn't fight anything like he did against Fury. Which I expect him to fight completely different. I honestly have no clue who would win this fight, but i'm leaning towards AJ due to activity. Wlad of course will always have a strong chance just off of experience alone.

I could see Joshua being behind on the cards for a few rounds and then catching Wlad with a good shot. Or Joshua can hurt Wlad early and force him into survival mode.

I plan on going to DSG/One Time

I'm anxiously waiting for them to announce the Venue, even though I feel like its Barclays. I want to lock a hotel in already 

Only reason that prevents the fight from happening is if Garcia never wanted it at all. I think the new rule is a good thing, especially for fathers like Angel.

Only reason that prevents the fight from happening is if Garcia never wanted it at all. I think the new rule is a good thing, especially for fathers like Angel.
Yeah, I still see the fight going on as scheduled.

I think it's a good rule based off their explanation of implementing it, but there's still ways to work around this. 

It's not like they going to tell Angel "Hey you can't say that to him" etc. How will they enforce this?

Angel still gon be in the corner. Just means his brother will now serve as his chief-second

Last edited:
I would love to see if they actually have studies behind this. I don't really buy the logic.

There's way too many guys that have father trainers for them to just make this rule. I'm betting there's some other motive for this

They're tired of idiots like Angel Garcia and Ruben Guerrero.

They likely also want to remove the familial emotional aspect of decision making in either stopping or not stopping a fight. I recall Rosado getting the piss beaten out of him by Golovkin with his trainer in the corner telling his dad "I gotta stop it man, he's going to kill your son."

Okay but is there evidence it's worse than normal? Trainers leave their fighters in to take major punishment ALL the time. I'm wondering if they have stats to back this up or if it's a rule that you can magically negotiate out for a fee.

Garcia and Guerrero haven't done anything questionable in the ring.

Angel and Ruben hype fights better than their sons. That couldn't be the reason for the rule.

Not father son, but I remember Robert Garcia being real eager to stop the fight when Mikey Garcia got a cut against Salido. Moreso than when Margarito was getting his face beat in by Manny.

I think that familial connection thing can go either way, not sure if that ruling makes a ton of sense.

It was a broken nose against Salido iirc

As bad as that Margarito beat down was, he hurt manny pretty bad too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom