Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Canelo vs Khan is just a stupid PPV and proof Oscar makes the decisions for Canelo now :smh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doesn't it all come back 360.....

5 years ago we all said the same about $$ mayweather......ducking and dodging Pac.
But god forbid Saul tries to make lil G earn his shot at a title now everybody is up in arms. The same cat who called out SOG and backed out cause "he didnt want to" after he got called out., avoided Lara, and now even Brook called him out.

Saul fought top ranked fighters...lil G is just a hyped up Broner.
Let Pauie tell it....hes just a make believe champ, who fought a bunch of nobodies.
A creation of Arum and HBO.

For all the hate my boy Khan gets, he's still fought better competition than lil G.

Last edited:
He's not buns, he just lost control of his career

This is the same Canelo who made the Trout and Lara fights while Oscar didn't want him too

Canelo vs Khan is just a stupid PPV and proof Oscar makes the decisions for Canelo now :smh:

That doesn't hold up due to Canela continuing to insist he isn't a middleweight while trying to say if it happens it must be at 154.

Can't argue about that.

Last edited:
I see a guy who had a pretty solid KO rate. Came back from a hand injury with a 2nd round KO. Promoters start saying they want him to get more rounds under his belt.

Then cruises to 2 10 round decisions in a row.

Going rounds is fine but why is he going the distance with these low quality opponents he's facing

Why would a promoter want him to go rounds and not get the KO which he is doing

Again, he looks worse every time he's on TV which isn't good

You kind of answered your own question.

If it's going to happen, it's going to happen against low quality opponents.

You're not looking to put rounds under your belt against a beast.

:lol:

I don't always have a good handle on Boxing "politics". Any chance we see GGG/Jacobs after the Wade fight if GGG/Canelo (or Khan I guess) doesn't happen immediately after?

And on that note, where is Peter Quillin?

Last edited:
:lol:

I don't always have a good handle on Boxing "politics". Any chance we see GGG/Jacobs after the Wade fight if GGG/Canelo (or Khan I guess) doesn't happen immediately after?

I've been saying I want to see Jacobs/Golovkin for a while now and I hope it gets made. Otherwise he should make like Canelo and start calling out the toughest available opponents like Garcia, Algieri, and Broner. Just makes sense at this point.

Heard Quillin was forced to move to Long Island after getting KO'ed at Barclays. He may never spiritually recover.

He's not buns, he just lost control of his career

This is the same Canelo who made the Trout and Lara fights while Oscar didn't want him too

Canelo vs Khan is just a stupid PPV and proof Oscar makes the decisions for Canelo now
mean.gif
Canelita was never losing those fights on points.  The difference with GGG is that there is a very good chance the fight doesn't go 12, hence the ducking. 

Canelita is as much of a punk as Oscar. 

JFE should be the face of Mexican boxing, not this clown 
mean.gif

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Mendoza of the WBA said he would enforce the mandatory after the whole GGG/Canelita/WBC thing shakes out, but with Jacobs bringing up joint network PPV's and needing to get paid 3M to take the fight, who knows. 

I think Hopkins in August is GGG's next fight TBH. 

Last edited:
Would GGG vs Hopkins be at 168 or what weight would the fight be at?

Mendoza of the WBA said he wound enforce the mandatory after the whole GGG/Canelita/WBC thing shakes out, but with Jacobs bringing up joint network PPV's and needing to get paid 3M to take the fight, who knows. 

I think Hopkins in August is GGG's next fight TBH. 

Brook just beat his mandatory last month, so Spence isn't his mandatory until next year

Don't think Brook is scared it's that he may outgrow 147 by next year and this matchup is perfect for both

I hope so too but why do you think Brook beats Spence handily ?

I just think he's (Brook) far more seasoned at this point. Neither fighter has any glaring weaknesses IMO. Sure Spence's win over Algieri was in emphatic fashion but Chris always had happy feet and it was surprising that Manny didn't KO the guy. I just think Kell Brook is the best in the division right now and he's a huge step up from the likes of Algieri, Lo Greco, Cruz & Vargas.

As an aside, both guys are big welters. I see both having success at 154 and 160.

Last edited:
Canelita was never losing those fights on points.  The difference with GGG is that there is a very good chance the fight doesn't go 12, hence the ducking. 

JFE should be the face of Mexican boxing, not this clown :smh:  

Gilberto Ramirez & Leo Santa Cruz as well.

Vanes should've bit his tongue. Haymon signed him to be an opponent for his 154 lbers and he's not going to get any favors for taking shots at who might be Haymon's most valuable asset.

I just think he's (Brook) far more seasoned at this point. Neither fighter has any glaring weaknesses IMO. Sure Spence's win over Algieri was in emphatic fashion but Chris always had happy feet and it was surprising that Manny didn't KO the guy. I just think Kell Brook is the best in the division right now and he's a huge step up from the likes of Algieri, Lo Greco, Cruz & Vargas.

As an aside, both guys are big welters. I see both having success at 154 and 160.
I agree with a lot of this, which is why the fight should happen sooner than later

What other huge welterweights with a big punch are there for Spence to fight in preparation of Brook?

Brook is a new test for Spence and Spence is a new test for Brook

Doesn't it all come back 360.....

5 years ago we all said the same about $$ mayweather......ducking and dodging Pac.
But god forbid Saul tries to make lil G earn his shot at a title now everybody is up in arms. The same cat who called out SOG and backed out cause "he didnt want to" after he got called out., avoided Lara, and now even Brook called him out.

Saul fought top ranked fighters...lil G is just a hyped up Broner.
Let Pauie tell it....hes just a make believe champ, who fought a bunch of nobodies.
A creation of Arum and HBO.

For all the hate my boy Khan gets, he's still fought better competition than lil G.
I couldn't care less about lil gina but if Khan is your boy, why are you okay with this farce?

Khan got a lot of heart but why should it be exploited at our cost?

Khan hasn't faced one puncher at 147

Khan wasn't a world champion at 147

In his last fight, Khan was hurt + went life and death with Algieri who was just beaten down by Spence

And were supposed to believe he's a worthy opponent for a middleweight champion?

Khan vs Canelo is just a waste of time and a desperate cash grab

I'll be watching and rooting for Khan tho
happy.gif

Again Verdejo is not just going rounds with this low quality opposition, he's looking worse each time

He went the distance with Silva, all while missing wide punches

He just went the distance with a nobody, got hit a lot, never hurt the nobody and was booed at home

He is regressing

JFE should be the face of Mexican boxing, not this clown 
mean.gif

Agree Canelo always benefits from some shady judging but

He faced Lara right after he broke Angulo's eye socket and beat Trout more impressively than Canelo did

golovkin doesn't matter because he's 12 years older than Canelo and he still hasn't fought anyone on Trout's level

Also Estrada is ducking a rematch with Gonzalez

Face of Mexican boxing should be LSC, Flores and Chavez Jr if he gets it together

That doesn't hold up due to Canela continuing to insist he isn't a middleweight while trying to say if it happens it must be at 154.

Can't argue about that.
golovkin wouldn't have to deal with this if he never took step aside money

Situation is his fault and he deserves this for calling out and then backing down against Ward

golovkin wouldn't have to deal with this if he never took step aside money

Situation is his fault and he deserves this for calling out and then backing down against Ward

Lol. You really think that him rejecting the step aside money would've made the fight happen? You must be joking.

Again Verdejo is not just going rounds with this low quality opposition, he's looking worse each time

He went the distance with Silva, all while missing wide punches

He just went the distance with a nobody, got hit a lot, never hurt the nobody and was booed at home

He is regressing

OK :lol:

Once again, if you look at what YOU are typing, what I'm saying isn't so far fetched.

But time will tell. I already conceded that no one knows the real story.

But if you want to pretend like his promoter saying "we want him to get rounds in" after his 2nd Rd. KO in December and him having 2 consecutive lopsided decisions is a complete coincidence, more power to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom