Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

floyd beat canelo convincingly and hes a defensive fighter... can you imagine what pac will do to him? hes very a offensive fighter and baits you and attacks.... bradley only had a chance because he a technical fighter but still got beat easily... canelo has no strategy at all and has fought bums and when he fights good boxers he sucks

While this is all true you are forgetting that PAC is really small. Canelo can still hurt small fighters who's power he doesn't respect. Manny would have to give up to much to get his offense off which plays into the counterpunching of canelo. Not a fight I wanna see. Fight in ur weight class canelo stop cherry picking

Yeah, this is basically the Amir Khan fight over again. Manny gotta walk a tightrope because if Canelo lands a couple good shots Manny is gonna be in big trouble. I remember him saying Margarito hit him harder than anybody he's ever fought and that he wouldn't fight at 154 again because of it, Canelo can definitely do worse. Weak matchup.

Last edited:
I think the weight will be too big of a factor for Pacquiao, no way can Canelo win fairly on the cards but I think Canelo will eventually catch him and KO him. Freddie and them really need to enforce a strict rehydration clause for Manny to have a shot

Last edited:
Mayweather vs .....Conor :lol: ok All the set up for that alliteration Mayweather vs Mcgregor....nope vs....Conor that looks so fake.

Not at all interested in Pac vs Canelo. Canelo rehydrates up around 170-180. Dude could probably make a catch weight around 155 like he did for Khan and blow up to 175. Manny makes weight comfortably at 147. I don't know why he is entertaining this unless he pulls a mayweather and makes the catch weight low (152lb i think was the weight for the mayweather fight) and then a rehydrate clause to 160. If canelo had to get down to 150lb that would be horrid for him.

:lol: at Pacquiao beating Canelo.

Pacquiao might be the better boxer, but he is extremely susceptible to counter punchers which Is what Canelo does. He constantly got caught against Marquez who has much slower hand speed than Canelo. He will get caught multiple times and go to sleep.....again.

I hope it doesn't happen anyway. It's a stupid *** fight.

:lol: at Pacquiao beating Canelo.

Pacquiao might be the better boxer, but he is extremely susceptible to counter punchers which Is what Canelo does. He constantly got caught against Marquez who has much slower hand speed than Canelo. He will get caught multiple times and go to sleep.....again.

I hope it doesn't happen anyway. It's a stupid *** fight.

Canelo is no where near the technician that JMM is though as far as counter punching.
Id say if they fought at the same weight Manny wins on the cards. People act like manny gets KOed like he is Amir Khan. Dude has a chin. Thats what made what a juiced up JMM did to him so utterly shocking.

But no way on fight night they would weigh in the same. Manny would lose to a 175lb Canelo on fight night.

There's no way Canelo accepts a fight at 152 with a rehydration clause. He can make plenty of money fighting someone else with killing himself. He already looks absolutely shredded at 155.

You mean he doesn't like accepting terms as the B-side?

IF the fight happened, and IF Manny darts in and out instead trading like he did with JMM then Canelo has zero chance of winning.

If canelos next fight isnt lemiux or rosado, watch him fight a charlo. Im a canelo fan but i cant agree wit the way oscar has him movin, or even if canelo is making most of these decisions. Cant rock wit him bein the face of boxing when he has some *** tendancies like mayweather.

How his he able to demand catchweights of 155 every fight tho? Why do the commissions let him slide wit that?

Last edited:
If canelos next fight isnt lemiux or rosado, watch him fight a charlo. Im a canelo fan but i cant agree wit the way oscar has him movin, or even if canelo is making most of these decisions. Cant rock wit him bein the face of boxing when he has some *** tendancies like mayweather.

How his he able to demand catchweights of 155 every fight tho? Why do the commissions let him slide wit that?
No Haymon-GBP fights are happening as long as that lawsuit is ongoing.  Schafer joining TMT later this year isn't going to help things in that regard either. 

Liam Smith at 154 is the rumour right now, which would bomb as a PPV.  So he might actually have to consider acquiescing to Manny's demands, assuming Manny actually wants the fight. 

Last edited:
 Рябинский Андрей ‏@Ryabinskiy  11h11 hours ago
Alexander Povetkin's new sample clear. We are waiting for our opponents and some journalists to apologize... Or pay for their words)
This is sample C?
 Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  3h3 hours ago
Bob Arum says he's finishing up talks for Sept. 3 @SpecialKBrook  @Jessie_vargasJV fight in Sheffield, England. Should be done today.
Arum says he's planning fall "Hands Across the Border" PPV card with @oscarvaldez56 @RamireZurdo Francisco Estrada in Tucson, Mexico.

If he can get @chocolatitobox to fight Estrada, that would headline the card.

Lance Pugmire ‏@latimespugmire  2h2 hours ago
Told by @BobArum and @RamireZurdo rep @KnuckleheadSean that plan is to fight twice this year, then @GGGBoxing in May.

Back
Top Bottom