Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

there is a dream fight with kovalev and ward... you can say canelo ducked triple g all you want but who has triple g fought that was great? he beat an undersized kell brook that was no match...triple g is a legit fighter and is pretty good im not trying to take anything away from him... but people hate on canelo for ducking when triple g has made a living fights bums also...

On HBO's hype episode for this fight, De la Hoya eluded to him being the major roadblock to a Canelo vs GGG super fight. Max Kellerman surely let everyone know what he thinks about that :lol:
Don't think GGG would blow out Canelo like some are saying. Think Canelo would win on a decision and would without a doubt not be on the ropes as much as he was today.

GGG has fought anybody and everybody in his division. The only big name really left *in his division* is Canelo. Meanwhile Canelo prefers to cut weight and fight smaller guys below his division for paychecks. That's my main problem with Alvarez, and I imagine the problem most fight fans have with him. He beats up littler dudes.

Maybe it's just my constitution, but I like to see fair fights, and I want to see guys fight other guys in their same weight class. Canelo's spent the last few years wiping up littler guys, while GGG is looking at moving up in weight to find new fights.

In my eyes, Oscar is waiting for the older GGG to show some sort of cracks before letting his "golden boy" step up to him. And I just think it's weak.

What exactly did kellerman say bout d e la hoya my stream started losin sound at that part.
Something like "It seems that you want the fight to happen but your promoter doesn't right now, and many are interpreting it as you ducking GGG... is that the case?" He also said at the end something like "I just wanna go on record and say that De La Hoya never ducked anyone after he got ahold of his career"

Last edited:
If Canelo lands that uppercut on GGG, he's going down. Trust. He was drained and emasculated tonight so he couldn't throw it with all his strength.

Last edited:
to the people that are saying that GGG only has fought bums...

sep 2012 - KO Proksa ranked #10

jan 2013 - KO Rosado ranked #9

jun 2013 - KO Macklin ranked #5

nov 2013 - KO Stevens ranked #9

jul 2014 - KO Geale ranked #2

oct 2014 - KO Rubio ranked #5

feb 2015 - KO Murray WBA interim champion and #1 contender

may 2015 - KO Monroe ranked #2

oct 2015 - KO Lemieux IBF Middleweight Champion

feb 2016 - KO Wade mandatory challenger undefeated at the time

Canelo vacated his WBC middleweight title when a mandatory fight with Golovkin was issued

Danny Jacobs, Billy Joe Saunders, and Chris Eubank Jr. all turned down to fight GGG.

Golovkin has been destroying Top 10 middleweights.

He holds the WBA, WBC, IBF, and IBO belts.

Its not that hes been fighting bums, its more like me makes them look like bums.

GGG has cleaned out the middleweight division and is on his way to unify all the belts.

Just need Saunder's belt and he'll be considered one of the best MWs of all time.

I think Canelo would have a very hard time if he fights Kell Brook.

Last edited:
What exactly did kellerman say bout d e la hoya my stream started losin sound at that part.

Before they take it down.

:rofl: @ 2 or 3x offered money to GGG.

Oscar and Bernard looking goofy in the back :lol:

Oscar in the back looking like your drunk unlce at the family BBQ that has been sipping Henny all day since 7am, and it is now 7pm and he lit as **** tryna keep it together while grandma is low key ******** on him in front the entire famb

Hopkins looking like your broke uncle that just got an alert on his phone that his direct deposit hit, and is on his way to the gas station to buy some scratch offs.

Canelita need to stop listening to these fools

Last edited:
If Canelo lands that uppercut on GGG, he's going down. Trust. He was drained and emasculated tonight so he couldn't throw it with all his strength.

No.

Canelo won't get off as well against Golovkin as he did with Smith and if he slowed in the mid rounds like he did with Smith, Golovkin will finish him.

Last edited:
Been saying this for a minute but I don't get why people wanna see Canelo GGG so bad. I still think he's gonna get run over and I don't know why everybody is so hyped to see that. If Canelo made it to the 9th I'd be shocked. It's gonna be anticlimactic

I'm probably more interested in seeing Jacobs just because at least Jacobs' power is a wildcard. Canelo is gonna get methodically broken down

No.

Canelo won't get off as well against Golovkin as he did with Smith and if he slowed in the mid rounds like he did with Smith, Golovkin will finish him.

Chris Algieri would've given Canelo some fits after the third round last night. Canelo was clearly drained in this fight and blew his load early, he will be far more comfortable and energized at 160. I do believe that if GGG and Canelo fight now, GGG would come out on top. But a year or two from now, I might have some doubts depending on how Golvkin regresses and how much Canelo improves.

Well, Floyd did wait til after Manny crested his prime and had been tested by Bradley. If Canelo wants to wait 5 yrs before he fights GGG it'll be the same situation
So Pac can decline but Floyd can't? 5 years mean both got older. Don't understand this logic...

GGG has fought anybody and everybody in his division. The only big name really left *in his division* is Canelo. Meanwhile Canelo prefers to cut weight and fight smaller guys below his division for paychecks. That's my main problem with Alvarez, and I imagine the problem most fight fans have with him. He beats up littler dudes.

Maybe it's just my constitution, but I like to see fair fights, and I want to see guys fight other guys in their same weight class. Canelo's spent the last few years wiping up littler guys, while GGG is looking at moving up in weight to find new fights.

In my eyes, Oscar is waiting for the older GGG to show some sort of cracks before letting his "golden boy" step up to him. And I just think it's weak.
Fair fight? The entire boxing world had suspicions that Pac was on enhancement drugs. How Would that Have been fair to Floyd?

Ya dudes act like cutting weight Is easy and doesn't take a told. This Is not I support oh Canelo ... Just In General.

He makes it seems like GGG is the one ducking FOH Canela lol
Do you speak Spanish our understand it? I didn't get that or heard him imply that.

What he said was, they offered GGG 2x to 3x more about a month ago and now they just waiting to hear back. Not that GGG turned it down or that he ran away.maybe ggg was waiting to see the outcome of this fight.

Canelo is trying to make their offer sound good to the public without providing the details of what's included in the deal. It's easy to say we offered him 2-3x to fool people into thinking that's a good offer.

Remember Oscar went from saying the split would be 75/25 or worse then said it would only be for a flat fee. They aren't trying to acknowledge Golovkin has become a big star and deserves closer to an even split at this point.

Until they show what they actually offered, it's just more Golden Boy BS to me.

Edit: come to think of it, 75/25 is a 2-3x improvement from De La Joto's initial 90/10 split.

Last edited:
Suspicions of pac on something, yet 0 proof. Lol sounds legit
Yea I'd be scared of fighting him too.

Why fight him when you can fight mismatches and still bring in the big bucks?

And right now boxing NEEDS dream fights. Especially with the heavyweight division a disaster.
It's better now than it has been in a while.  Joshua is probably the face of the sport going forward if he keeps developing at a steady rate.  There's some guys at CW like Gassiev and Usyk who could become decent HW's too. 
Been saying this for a minute but I don't get why people wanna see Canelo GGG so bad. I still think he's gonna get run over and I don't know why everybody is so hyped to see that. If Canelo made it to the 9th I'd be shocked. It's gonna be anticlimactic

I'm probably more interested in seeing Jacobs just because at least Jacobs' power is a wildcard. Canelo is gonna get methodically broken down
Canelita is a bigger name, and honestly there are probably a lot of people like myself who want to see him finally get washed so the charade can stop. 

Jacob's ain't got the chin to last with GGG.  The only reason that fight is interesting is because of Jacob's athleticism.  We've already seen how GGG's fared with a power puncher when he fought Lemieux, who might be the hardest puncher in the whole division. 

Interview with GGG's manager. 

Q3: What are your next plans? Do you get a lot of offers regarding fighting Glolovkin?

Oleg: We have only one plan, to unite all the belts. However, WBA has mandated us to defend against Jacobs, which means we have to defend against him. Thus, the most likely, the unification fight with Saunders, who is allegedly is interested in the fight , we will focus after the mandatory defence. We are planning hosting the fight against Saunders in Las Vegas arena, but again, him saying that he wants to box Golovkin, nobody trusts his words. In my experience, the ones who talk the most, are least likely to come to the ring.

Q4:Regarding the situation with Jacobs, there is a talk that the fight might go to a purse bid. What is your position regarding this issue?

Oleg: We are already having negations with Jacobs side. We have a good understanding with Haymon, in my opinion, it will not go to a purse bid.

Q5: Regarding the opponents for Glolovkin, do you have DeGale and Eubank Jr in your list?

Oleg: Regarding Eubanks, undoubtedly, we will not waste a minute of our time for those clowns. The second time we will not make the same mistake. They should not hope to get a fight with Glolovkin anytime soon, maybe i few years, they lost their chance. At this moment they (Eubanks) are not even in our list. I am sure, after watching Brook fight and the hype around it, they should be regretting for what they did. To be honest, our view towards their team is clear, we don’t want to waste our time for empty talks. Regarding DeGale, there is no point talking about him. We are not considering going up in weight anytime soon, until we achieve our objective in 160 pound weight division. At this point, we don’t regard him as an opponent.

Q6: Gennady has been saying that for his fans in Kazakhstan, he would give a night of boxing. Maybe you have some news regarding the long waited fight in Astana ( Capital city of Kazakhstan) ?

Oleg: Yes, Gennady would like to gift a big celebration of boxing, we have mentioned it more than once. Everybody knows British boxing fans, everybody knows how Mexican boxing fans are, and Gennady would like to show to the world how Kazakh fans are, and how strongly they support him. …..

We have invited WBC to host its convention in Astana. We have been talking back and forth to WBC regarding it. We spoke to Suleiman again in London, and he confirmed the WBC will be working exclusively with us to host the convention in Kazakhstan, without Golovkin’s participation, it cannot happen. Gennady has been working towards this for a long time in order not to destroy but to strengthen the image and influence (of Kazakh boxing) in the world of pro boxing.

Both team HBO and WBC, as well as other representative of world boxing are burning with desire to visit Astana. We are putting our all effort for this event to happen in Astana next year. We are hoping the government of Kazakhstan will support GGG in this pursuit.

Q7: Question regarding sponsors and partnerships.

Oleg: Talks about how he was let down by a Kazakh company which caused a problem during Brook fight. He says they will be more selective about choosing a more reliable sponsor or a partner.

Q8: Canelo’s statement regarding making several offers to your team is making a huge noise, and that they have not received any response. Could you please comment.

Oleg: Looks like, it is in their team to constantly lie, and Canelo is learning it from Oscar. They got into this dirt together and they don’t know what lie to make up and how to respond to the press, so they wouldn’t lose the respect of the fans. But, as you can see we do not take their commentaries seriously. First he said he is ready to fight right now, then all of sudden “his team is against it”, and now he is declaring that “ we are taking time to respond” . They are getting their lies mixed up. Even we are surprised with Canelo’s after fight declaration. How can we respect whole of Golden Boy after this? One is pounding himself in the chest and declaring he is the best, and the other is declaring he makes the best fights and especially for the fans. In reality people know that it is them who are avoiding the fight with us. Oscar has realised the ginger chicken will be laying eggs, up until the point, when it meets Gennady. Once we really come to negotiations, we (GBP and GGGP) will be talking about purse splits, as there will be only one champion. There is an interesting article regarding it written by Kevi Yolly of Yahoo. He has described the way how Oscar does the business, there is nothing to add to his words. From our side, we will do everything for the fight to happen, but I would recommend to the press and to the fans not to trust a word of a person who cannot keep a promise.
roll.gif

Canelo is trying to make their offer sound good to the public without providing the details of what's included in the deal. It's easy to say we offered him 2-3x to fool people into thinking that's a good offer.

Remember Oscar went from saying the split would be 75/25 or worse then said it would only be for a flat fee. They aren't trying to acknowledge Golovkin has become a big star and deserves closer to an even split at this point.

Until they show what they actually offered, it's just more Golden Boy BS to me.

Edit: come to think of it, 75/25 is a 2-3x improvement from De La Joto's initial 90/10 split.
so you are saying he deserves a even split. Tell me when is GGG going to pull Canelo numbers ever?

Suspicions of pac on something, yet 0 proof. Lol sounds legit
Yea I'd be scared of fighting him too.

Why fight him when you can fight mismatches and still bring in the big bucks?
And when he did fight him, still beat him convincingly. What's your point ...

Dudes is funny well he should not have fought 5 years earlier ... What changed ... Oh Pac changed but Floyd got better or was the same? Stupid argument. Acting like Pac was in his prime and Floyd wasn't. LoL

Back
Top Bottom