OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

In my league that i ppsted about last page I still have Prater tonight and opponent is done. I thought about benching him just in case he misses a PAT BUT i dont need any stat corrections to take away the victory so im going to let him finish it out

up by 26 in one of my leagues and hes got bailey and dez. safe????? this is for the chip.

in my other league ive won this week but the finals is pts this week plus next week. this is my problem with this leagues since a lot of players will be rested next week. won by 12 pts this week.

3rd place matchup in my league was wild. The winner was down almost 65-70 points at one point and wound up winning b/c Sanders was a non-factor last night.

Nobody ever reads anybody's posts in here but IDGAF :lol: , posting to say i won my main money league :nthat: :nthat:

Obviously excited but more I play FF every year and analyze it more, more I see it boils down to luck more than anything else IMO.

Was able to win this league by essentially streaming QB's all year long (drafted Cousins and then cut him after week 6 :x and then streamed a combo of Tyrod, Palmer, Kap, Bortles). Used Palmer for my playoff week 15 and then showed biggest balls move ever using Kap this week 16 (I sat Tyrod's 39 points on my bench :smh: )

My RB's were garbage and I'm more impressed that I owned NONE of these guys that are in the top 19 overall season scoring PPR (my highest scoring player Mike Evans was ranked #20) and was still able to win it all:

DJ
Brees
A-Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Luck
Zeke
Cousins
Leveon
Dak
Mariota
Carr
Demarco
Antonio
Stafford
Big Ben
Rivers
Shady
Winston
Bortles
Mike Evans

Disagree that it boils down to luck. Everybody goes in with the same amount of luck. But it takes a certain amount of skill to put yourself in the position to get "lucky."

My boy and I chopped up the prize money so we still end up with a nice chunk of change but I want that damn belt and my name on that trophy so I hope witten does his thing tonight

Disagree that it boils down to luck. Everybody goes in with the same amount of luck. But it takes a certain amount of skill to put yourself in the position to get "lucky."

I should elaborate what I meant by that, yea you obviously gotta draft smart and make the shrewd waiver moves throughout the season along w/ using your best judgement on which players to start/sit but....my part about the "luck" is correlated w/ the scheduling of who your opponents are each week.

A team could go 11-2 for reg season but his team actually stinks as far as points scored for the season and he just happened to have the "better" luck of drawing the right people most weeks and vice versa where a team can be legit good and put up points each week but for the "worst" luck, they just happen to draw the wrong guy almost every week.

Seen it happen so many times where if you take a L one week, you look at the other players and you notice you would have won if you had played any of them instead. Goes both ways too, you get a W on a week your team barely put any points up and if you had played anyone else, you'd have lost for sure.

I know it can be considered hella nitpicking on that but I think it's relevant.

Last edited:

I should elaborate what I meant by that, yea you obviously gotta draft smart and make the shrewd waiver moves throughout the season along w/ using your best judgement on which players to start/sit but....my part about the "luck" is correlated w/ the scheduling of who your opponents are each week.

A team could go 11-2 for reg season but his team actually stinks as far as points scored for the season and he just happened to have the "better" luck of drawing the right people most weeks and vice versa where a team can be legit good and put up points each week but for the "worst" luck, they just happen to draw the wrong guy almost every week.

Seen it happen so many times where if you take a L one week, you look at the other players and you notice you would have won if you had played any of them instead. Goes both ways too, you get a W on a week your team barely put any points up and if you had played anyone else, you'd have lost for sure.

I know it can be considered hella nitpicking on that but I think it's relevant.

Yahoo has a stat each week in its recaps that shows your record if you played every team every week. it's a good way to measure how good your team actually is.

fantasy is random but not completely luck. it's like blackjack. on any given hand, you can improve your odds with the right play, but it's close to 50-50. only over many hands and decks do you start to see skill (or card counting) emerge. a given week of fantasy is sightly less random than a hand of blackjack but not by much. I'd say you can push your odds to 60-40 at best unless you're playing in a **** league.

Last edited:
anybody else playing for the chip on week 17? i for one am against it but have not choice since the championship in my league is decided adding up wk 16 nad 17 totals.

anybody else playing for the chip on week 17? i for one am against it but have not choice since the championship in my league is decided adding up wk 16 nad 17 totals.

Well that sucks, if anything should be 15 & 16 then but i purposely dont join in any that play in week 17.

Yea screw week 17. Your studs on stud teams will get benched if they're locked for playoffs and home field advantage

Yea screw week 17. Your studs on stud teams will get benched if they're locked for playoffs and home field advantage

right. since most if not all of the studs in my lineup will be benched or limited, off to the waiver wire i go.....

Back
Top Bottom