Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder haven't played good defense all season. Don't know why that will suddenly change laugh.gif they won't get beat by 30 again but this is probably another 5 game series

For most of the first half of the year they did, and the starting lineup is elite and continued to maintain IIRC the best differential in the league. The d super fell off a clip going into All Star break. They literally never play together in the 4th for some reason, the Mavs series was the first time.

Look like a weirdo in them braids
demarre-carroll-as-photographed-by-kramer-studios.jpg

bruh...spoiler that ****.

:rofl: :rofl:

@tomhaberstroh: Number of playoff games decided by 20 or more points:
2016: 14
2015: 12
2014: 14
2013: 14
2012: 7
2011: 7
And the first round just finished.
Man i said this yesterday that this had to be setting a record for most blowouts but i didn't expect the stats to really show it already, wow

@tomhaberstroh: Number of playoff games decided by 20 or more points:
2016: 14
2015: 12
2014: 14
2013: 14
2012: 7
2011: 7
And the first round just finished.

Yet some say this is the best basketball has ever been [emoji]129300[/emoji] Getting progressively worse from the looks of it. Don't think I've watched a full playoff game from start to finish yet.

Yet some say this is the best basketball has ever been [emoji]129300[/emoji] Getting progressively worse from the looks of it. Don't think I've watched a full playoff game from start to finish yet.
I know i haven't. Even the ones i've watched it's pretty much just been background noise as i surf the web.  Usually I'm watching every game i can.  Spurs vs Warriors will probably be the only interesting series in the entire playoffs unless Miami can somehow challenge Cleveland and OKC can figure out how to play defense this week.

If this isn't the Thunder's Year, after all....I don't think Durant could get passed the embarrassment/frustration/disgust  enough to sign a 2 year deal with a PO so he could leave with Westbrook or wait for SCI.

That man is on the 1st train smoking.

I will, the product as a whole is trash now.
same. ill still watch and nba is still my favorite league and nothing else is close for me but im not going to be a blind fan. we've had much better days and a much better product put out before. this is far from the golden days of the nba. 

Last edited:

The NBA is the deepest, talent-wise, than it's ever been. Unfortunately, talent gets hamstrung by bad management (from the owner on down) and bad coaching. That is the one constant throughout history.

Yeah, I mean the playoffs so far have been trash and it don't look like it's gonna get better with these matchups.

Even though I picked/hoping for OKC; Spurs-GS would be must see TV, they are just so much better than everyone else. Would be the real finals. Also the injuries again have robbed us of compelling matchups. Players need to drink more milk.

The league is fine, everyone looks at the past with rose colored glasses.

I could pull up random series from 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15 years ago, and no one is fondly remembering all of it. When was the league so much  better? Basketball as a whole has always been a sport dominated by a few elite teams, its the nature of the sport. Do you have the outsiders who make a surge and surprise you? Sure. But we hardly go into the season with a WIDE OPEN field of contenders. It's not the injuries, because those happen every single season.

As for the playoffs, it probably doesn't help that we have two historically great teams out in the West, one that could be good when they're not playing moronically (OKC), so why would we expect a competitive first round when they were so clearly superior? We had 2 game 7s in the 1st round for the East, the Cavs were a far superior team so no surprise there (and how often are 1 v 8 that  great of a matchup)

You can complain about flopping, social media, crying to the refs, etc., and sure, all of that could be true. I dislike it as much as the next fan, but it hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the product. 

You could dislike the style of play nowadays.. pace and space, 3 pointers, the "analytics" if you want to be like Barkley, but it's how sports work. They change. I don't think we have an inherently inferior product or a less enjoyable style of play, it's just different. I know OKB made the point a few weeks ago about how the modern game has eliminated certain players or their potential to get adequate playing time, and that's certainly a discussion to be had.

But it just seems like it's a quick reaction to a bad set of playoff matchups this season. Plus, I've said it in the past, the NBA does not  need the playoffs to be this long. Bottomline. That's where the product is suffering. Playing 82 games and then letting half the league into the playoffs does not give us the best product. It might have produced a couple of exciting moments, but it's the fatigue of watching this much basketball that plays a bigger factor than anything.

It doesn't feel like the playoffs started until the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Not even getting into the past vs present argument, but the dramatic factor (true rivalries, increase of injuries to star players, and just compelling match ups) and pure entertainment factor is much less to me. *Kanye shrug*

Not even getting into the past vs present argument, but the dramatic factor (true rivalries, increase of injuries to star players, and just compelling match ups) and pure entertainment factor is much less to me. *Kanye shrug*
same im far from a dude who misses 90s basketball. Look at those stats. These playoffs have been wack even compared to a few years ago. The pacers vs tor went 7 and it was still a boring series.
The nba can be better.

Pacers/Toronto was far from boring.

I enjoyed every story line. Enjoyed watching DD do what has been said he does. Enjoyed watching PG13 try to carry a team of bums. Enjoyed watching PG13 show glimpses of being a #1 guy in the League. Enjoyed the blowouts that turned into games blown. 

Enjoyed the hell out of that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom