OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

at some point in my life, I'd like to DJ a beach volleyball tournament...... so much Pitbull would be played

thats def on my bucket list

:lol: :lol: Mexican fans getting crunk at the archery event. I get a smile whenever I see a wrestling mask in the crowd.

wasnt tim duncan a pretty damn good swimmer before a hurrican effected his swimming pool where he was training? has there ever been a 7ft elite swimmer?

Last edited:
it bothers me that, seemingly, the line judges/officials are required to wear shoes on the sand during beach volleyball matches 

wasnt tim duncan a pretty damn good swimmer before a hurrican effected his swimming pool where he was training? has there ever been a 7ft elite swimmer?
I think Duncan would have been a good distance free guy (400 and 1500 free).. or a good 200 breaststroker.. not sure he would have a quick enough turnover for the sprints

matt grevers is the tallest guy I can think of, think he's 6'7 or 6'8.. clark smith, who was on the prelims for the 4 x200, is 6'9

phelps is 6'4.. lochte 6'2.. haas and dwyer are 6'5.. jack conger 6'4.. Adrian 6'6.. dressel 6'3

on the women's side: cate Campbell is 6'1.. ledecky 6.. hosszu 5'8.. missy 6'2.. sjostrom 6'1

Last edited:

I think Duncan would have been a good distance free guy (400 and 1500 free).. or a good 200 breaststroker.. not sure he would have a quick enough turnover for the sprints

matt grevers is the tallest guy I can think of, think he's 6'7 or 6'8.. clark smith, who was on the prelims for the 4 x200, is 6'9

phelps is 6'4.. lochte 6'2.. haas and dwyer are 6'5.. jack conger 6'4.. Adrian 6'6.. dressel 6'3

on the women's side: cate Campbell is 6'1.. ledecky 6.. hosszu 5'8.. missy 6'2.. sjostrom 6'1

hagino is on the other side of the things, he's only 5'10.. daiya seto is 5'9

Cameron van der burgh 6'0.. and cody miller and josh prenot 5'11

My only beef with the IOC/ Olympics are the medals. 494 silver and 6 grams of gold??? for a gold medal.Take it back to the old days, where is was 100% pure gold :smokin

Isn't gold soft? Those medals would have a bunch of dents in it.

I feel like overall it's probably more lucrative to be in Track and field than Swimming.  Besides Bolt, a few years back ppl like Yelena Isinbayeva  and Liu Xiang became wealthy from Track and Field

I feel like overall it's probably more lucrative to be in Track and field than Swimming.  Besides Bolt, a few years back ppl like Yelena Isinbayeva  and Liu Xiang became wealthy from Track and Field
easily..

and sun yang is exactly the type of swimmer I could see Duncan being.. or I could see him being a good 200 backstroker or 200 breaststroker.. long efficient strokes, where other dudes would have at the first 100 or so, but he probably just keep the same speed throughout (event split it.. so his back half is just as fast as his front half of the race).. I don't see him with the turnover to excel in the sprints.. but dude would have everything down, nailing turns and all that.. stroke count and rates.. every little detailed planned out

equestrian dressage is a weird sport / event. Basically a horse walking around and prancing.

at some point in my life, I'd like to DJ a beach volleyball tournament...... so much Pitbull would be played

thats def on my bucket list
only such much pitbull I can take.. especially his new music.. but he does got some hitters

DJing beach volleyball games in Manhattan Beach would be nice, or somewhere down in Brazil

equestrian dressage is a weird sport / event. Basically a horse walking around and prancing.

The Olympics have several peculiar "sports". Not to say that it doesn't take skill to perform but still just odd to be an Olympic sport.

Still waiting for International Pole Sports Federation to get Pole Dancing into the olympics

Still waiting for International Pole Sports Federation to get Pole Dancing into the olympics

Magic City prime time team sweeping the podium.

Imagine strippers with "Olympic Gold Medalist" in that IG bio?

I'm here for it, curling is an Olympic sport so why not?

Just bring a stack of singles and support your local club and dancers. They always get high scores from me. Though I take a few points off since they always grab my hand when I try to check their temperature.

What's the policy in here on spoilers? I know this is gonna air tonight but damn I wanna talk ab it :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm on the West Coast and have found that Olympic spoilers are pretty hard to avoid. Social media, the radio, etc. all give real-time Olympic updates. So, unless someone locks themselves in a room and turns off all their devices, they're probably going to get some spoilers. I still enjoy watching the events at night even when I know that the outcome is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom