Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Some of y'all fooling yourselves thinking we'll move anywhere without another premier player, regardless of position. "Kyrie ain't what we need, dsjr ain't what we need.". I dig kid, but y'all *****s trippin.
Thing is, the Knicks have had enough chuckers over the years. No doubt those guys have their place, but it's refreshing to see this team built around players who move the ball. Just look at the difference between Rose to Jarret Jack alone and the lift it's gave the team (and Jack is so far from a premiere player).

You don't need a chucking PG to win and I would much rather root for a team that doesn't have that, as good as Kyrie may be (and the jury is wayyyy out on DSJ). Talking about premiere perimeter players, I'd much rather have a BIG shooting guard who creates mismatches than a little guy with questionable court vision trying to take every shot.

I mean how nice does it feel to see actual plays run now.

I'm trying to let the DS Jr convo die but y'all sound CRAZY calling dude chucker.

It's very clear y'all haven't been watching him play.

He shares PG duties with Barea, Yogi Ferrell and Devin Harris and he still doesn't use that as a green light to look for his shot. Dallas has a 4 headed PG attack right now and he's still averaging 5 assists on legit great looks.

He defers every time he comes down the floor. He's not D. Rose, Steve Francis, he even looks to be a better natural facilitator than Kyrie who is largely a 2 guard in a 1 guards body.

DS Jr's game is very John Wall esque and if you think he's a one-dimensional chucker, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm trying to let the DS Jr convo die but y'all sound CRAZY calling dude chucker.

It's very clear y'all haven't been watching him play.

He shares PG duties with Barea, Yogi Ferrell and Devin Harris and he still doesn't use that as a green light to look for his shot. Dallas has a 4 headed PG attack right now and he's still averaging 5 assists on legit great looks.

He defers every time he comes down the floor. He's not D. Rose, Steve Francis, he even looks to be a better natural facilitator than Kyrie who is largely a 2 guard in a 1 guards body.

DS Jr's game is very John Wall esque and if you think he's a chucker, I don't know what to tel you.

I'm not casting shade at DSJ, that's just the impression I had of him coming out of college. John Wall is a pretty lofty comparison, though. Either way there's nothing so far this year that would make me say DSJ is a slam dunk pick over Frank (would be like comparing his stats to Lonzo's). Young PGs need a lot of time and I definitely see the potential they saw in Frank. It's gonna be a few years before we know who was the best guard out of this whole class.

All in all though, Frank is a smart player with great recognition, i'm not knocking either of these cats. DSjr is the complete package, not one dimensional like the narrative coming out of college made it. Just right now, watching you can see one has that superstar potential while the other will be solid. It's clear Phil didn't really want anything more than a fit for the triangle, but again Frank looks like he'll be better than that. But we should dead the dsjr talk though, gotta support what we got which aint necessarily chopped liver.

I can dig it.

I actually like what I've seen from Frank, great passing instincts and his long arms will be hell on defense. Just needs to find his niche offensively.

I don't care what system we're running. We needed a point guard who plays defense while having a high IQ and won't allow every opposing guard to score at will.

Carlisle always ran a good team defense. DSJ is not a good defender and will never be guarding the best player on the opposing end.

Someone has to fill the stat sheet on a garbage team: Wroten, MCW, Greg Monroe, Okafor and the lists goes on. You really can’t gauge who will be the better player down the line until DSJ actually plays on an actual decent team.

If they both reach their potential it really comes down to what type of player you'd rather have. A Draymond Green or Billups team first type player or a flashier Baron Davis type. All great players in their own way.

Last edited:
Wow

@wojespn: Knicks are waiving forward Mindaugas Kuzminskas to make room for the return of Joakim Noah, league sources tell ESPN.

I know Kuz was expendable, but man it sucks to have Noer back. Maybe he'll get caught gassing himself up agaim and get suspended.

Honestly should've cut Baker. he brings nothing to the table. Front office just didnt want to admit wasting $5m in cap space for the next 2 yrs. For all the criticism the Tim Jr deal got, we gave 2/9, a player option and a no trade clause to a guy who shouldnt even be in the league. We can't even put him into potential trades as cap filler bc of the ntc and 2nd year. Kuz has more value as a $3m expiring than Baker on his deal

Back
Top Bottom