Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Saying that Phil just drafted Frank to "run the triangle" is honestly a huge disservice to Frank and even to Phil.

Frank was ranked at or above the same level as Dennis and Monk all season long by scouts and mock drafts everywhere, regardless of the teams who were selecting. It's not like this guy was projected in the 15-20 range and Phil reached on him because he saw him as a better triangle fit.

Sure, maybe the triangle played a small part in Phil's decision, but it's not like it was consensus opinion among scouts that Frank wasnt as good or better of a prospect than Dennis or Monk leading up to the draft. There were rumors that Mark Cuban and Donnie Nelson loved him and would have taken him, as they had some sort of coaching connection in Strasbourg that I remember reading about leading up to the draft but cant recall exactly and dont care enough to look up.

Frank has freakish ability on both sides of the floor and ridiculous upside. He has the potential to be one of the best PGs in the league in his own right, and a walking triple double every time he steps on the floor, who will help you win games and be near the top of the league in steals (he already is). He has a long way to go to reach that point, obviously, but he has the potential to be WAY more than just a smart PG who can run an offense.

Phil didnt draft Frank for the triangle just as he didnt draft KP for the triangle. Phil drafted Frank for upside, the same reason he drafted KP in 2015.

If you dont trust Phil, then at least trust Clarence Gaines, who clearly made the correct pick in 2015 when most people on here were clamoring for Justise or Mudiay or WCS for similar reasons to what we just witnessed with Dennis (although I strongly believe that Dennis/Monk will be WAY better than any of those guys).

Sidenote: **** Steve Mills. How the **** does he cut Kuz and keep a roster spot for Sessions? If you are worried about Jack's injury history then why the **** did you resign Ron Baker for? **** I'd rather call up Trey Burke in case of a Jack injury than move Sessions to the rotation again. ****ing cockroach man.

I know Kuz wasn’t getting no burn but he fit into what we are doing more than Sessions does. Why did we re sign Baker again?!?! Pookie has an injury problem and all it would take was for Pookie to go down and Kuz gets some minutes.

We don't cut Sessions but we cut the 28yr old wing player who fit our style of play? Jack-Frank-Baker should've been the pg trio, cut Sessions and keep Kuz. At the very least Kuz is more attractive as part of a trade package then Sessions. Bad move. We could've probably get a early 2nd pick for Kuz

A package of Willy + Kuz during the trade deadline can get us some assets. Willy+Sessions? Not so much

The Knicks were shopping Kuz before they waived him

There was obviously no market for him or else he would’ve been traded

Dude is just buns. Doesn’t fit our team or play style at all. He ain’t fast, not a good shooter, a horrible defender but seems like some of y’all are swearing by his talent :lol:

floodarea floodarea , so keeping Sessions is the smarter move ?
I rather have Sessions IN UNIFORM if Jack gets hurt then have Kuz on the bench in a suit doing nothing

Sessions is the better player regardless
Not saying Sessions shouldn’t be let go at some point but between the 2 I’m choosing Sessions 10/10 times

I’m just curious on how and why Willy and Kuz fell out of favor. You can tell it’s messing with both of their heads. I legit thought Willy and Kuz would be in the rotation and both making positive contributions.

I don’t think Bron said what he said to diss Frank. It was directed at the Knicks’ incompetence as an organization.

maybe, but of what importance are his words?

like kp saying something about the cavaliers operations. it's not his place

Back
Top Bottom