Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I know its way too early to talk about the offseason but I've had a couple thoughts come up with the start of college bball and all.

Jarred Vanderbilt could be a really good player for the Knicks to target in the likely scenario we end up in the late lotto/mid first round range and out of Doncic/Porter/Bagley territory. I think he's being kind of slept on at the moment because hes a little raw compared to those guys, but I could definitely see him being a great fit for where the NBA is going as a 6'9 point forward. Sort of like Draymond or Mase back in the day. Wouldnt mind drafting a player like him to come off the bench and then eventually moving to the 4 once KP is ready to play center full-time. An athletic playmaker like him could be great with Frank/KP. Still early, but just a player to look out for this season IMO that might slip through the cracks.

Also, if the Knicks fall out of the playoff hunt, and even maybe if we dont, we should try to deal Lee for a first rounder (he really belongs on a playoff squad) and go hard after Avery Bradley in the offseason. Frank/Bradley/THJ would be a great young backcourt with a lot of room to grow.

Avery Bradley is just the exact kind of guy I want on the Knicks. Easily a top 5 2-guard in the NBA right now with a great all-around game and makes every team he plays for much better. Also only 26 years old. Idk if we'd be able to afford him though. Should have went after him this summer when the Cs were shopping him for cap space to lock in his bird rights.

had a good time at the garden last night for about 3 and a half quarters :lol: way too many cavs fans there including these two clowns next to us wearing knicks gear but rooting for cleveland :smh:

KP **** the bed last night.. but **** LeBron. Hope we keep Kanter

I would kill to pair Klay next to Frank & KP

Don’t do that to yourself fam

had a good time at the garden last night for about 3 and a half quarters :lol: way too many cavs fans there including these two clowns next to us wearing knicks gear but rooting for cleveland :smh:

KP **** the bed last night.. but **** LeBron. Hope we keep Kanter

Told y’all the Garden is all casuals and tourists

Idk if I'm the only one but I've never been a "player" fan. Like there's players in my lifetime I loved watching play and still do but to root for a guy is weird to me. Especially if he disrespects the team you like lol. That would be like a Celtics fan saying Kobe was their fav player ever. That's some sucker ish

Idk if I'm the only one but I've never been a "player" fan. Like there's players in my lifetime I loved watching play and still do but to root for a guy is weird to me. Especially if he disrespects the team you like lol. That would be like a Celtics fan saying Kobe was their fav player ever. That's some sucker ish
100% agree with this

Could never get down with not following a team

You follow a team and you're a loyal fan. You follow a player and you're a **** rider and if that player is great like LeBron and goes to the Finals every year, then you're also a front runner. :lol:

Still, at the end of the day, we're probably the real suckers because we are slaves to a dumbass billionaire trust fund baby's ******** and we just gotta hope and pray that we get lucky and get a team/players worth rooting for. :smh:

If I could re-do it, I'd follow basketball emotionless.

:rofl: at dickriding for liking players. Can’t like players and have a favorite team? :rofl:

I wouldn't go as far as calling it D riding. I just thought when Joebo said there were dudes in Knicks gear hyping Lebron that was odd to me. Growing up I thought Jordan was a beast but if he played the Knicks bc of their rivalry I wanted him to have a trash game. I wasn't watching him cook us rooting for him to drop 50 lol

I wouldn't go as far as calling it D riding. I just thought when Joebo said there were dudes in Knicks gear hyping Lebron that was odd to me. Growing up I thought Jordan was a beast but if he played the Knicks bc of their rivalry I wanted him to have a trash game. I wasn't watching him cook us rooting for him to drop 50 lol
Nah those dudes in the stands are garbage for that. But I don’t agree with whoever just said it’s dickriding to like players.

Random but i was shock to see they had Hernangómez jerseys for sale at MSG had to do a double take :lol:

Went to the game vs the Pacers last week & wanted a Ntilikina shirt but they only had it in kids sizes :lol: :smh:

They had plenty of Ron Baker jerseys tho... :lol:

Is it just me or does DSJR remind you of Rose?

He actually reminds me of a young Michael Jordan.

30a.gif

Last edited:
How many people in this thread saw a young MJ play? Not the highlights but the actual games. ETA Im asking because its difficult to compare any player to MJ because of his career. However early on I can remember my pops and uncles saying similar things regarding MJ , he's a chucker, relies on athleticism blah blah. I'm not saying I agree with MJ/DSJ comparison but a lot of people forget, or never saw the part of MJs career before the three peats. :lol: got dammit I was talking to my brother how a cat named Harold Miner was called 'baby jordan' before flunking out of the league

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom