Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

It's crazy how clutch KP has become in such a short period of time. No knock on Melo bc he got beat up on more than necessary his last few seasons but he missed a lot of big shots in that span. Seems like often when we need a bucket KP has come thru. He had that big 3 with like 1:30 left to push the lead to 4

we gonna be at least 5-7 seed

We have a tough few games coming up and that could easily start the slide towards tank mode even though we aren't getting a Top 5 pick anyways. At the same time I wouldn't be shocked if we end the season in 7th or 8th

Frank Ntilikina is currently 2nd in the entire NBA in SPG. He averages 20:30 MPG.

The next player on the SPG leader list who plays less MPG than Frank, and has played in at least 4 games this season is Tim Frazier, 87th in the League.

Not bad.

Frank Ntilikina is currently 2nd in the entire NBA in SPG. He averages 20:30 MPG.

The next player on the SPG leader list who plays less MPG than Frank, and has played in at least 4 games this season is Tim Frazier, 87th in the League.

Not bad.

He's also the youngest player in the league.

:lol: Relax. I have preferred KP to Towns since they were rooks but Towns is still the truth.

Ain't nothing to relax about. Towns puts up huge numbers but he doesn't move the needle at all when it comes to being a cornerstone and producing wins. He's gonna break offensive records meanwhile playing some of the worst defense in the NBA ala a prime K. Love. He's not dragging a team full of average players to 50+ wins to the postseason every year while putting up top 3 offensive numbers and top 1 defense like KG. That's all I'm alluding to pal

Ain't nothing to relax about. Towns puts up huge numbers but he doesn't move the needle at all when it comes to being a cornerstone and producing wins. He's gonna break offensive records meanwhile playing some of the worst defense in the NBA ala a prime K. Love. He's not dragging a team full of average players to 50+ wins to the postseason every year while putting up top 3 offensive numbers and top 1 defense like KG. That's all I'm alluding to pal
Fax only, b

Is Towns a bad defender though? I've never gotten that implication from watching him play. I've always seen him as somebody who moves great for a big and is an active defender/rim protector but I honestly don't watch him enough these days to speak on it. I'd be surprised if he was playing **** defense with all his natural ability and Thibs coaching him.

KAT has put up historic numbers for somebody his age since he came into the L. He's got an extremely versatile skillset for somebody his size, similar to Porzingis and Embiid (I guess Jokic as well). I just have always liked KP more because I believe he has higher upside due to being taller, more athletic, and a better shooter but that doesnt mean I havent been wildly impressed by Towns.

Plus it's still early but Minny is looking good with a 9-5 record in the West in Towns 3rd season. I know his supporting cast ****s on KP but still, I'm not comparing him with KP right now, just saying the dude can ball as well. He's got a ton of talent and a great HC, I'm sure Towns will end up ALOT closer to KG status in Minny than Mr. Empty Stats No Defense Playing Kevin Love.

Towns is definitely a below average defender
That's always been his problem and its still evident this year

Much like Wiggins, while his offensive skills are great already, his defense hasn't improved much at all in his career so far

Last edited:
What tough schedule? Toronto is trash. We're losing 5 games in the entire month of December tops. Only teams capable of beating us are Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, and Celtics. They'll light us TF up because we cant guard the 3 ball.

Whole league is trash honestly. Pistons 10-4 LOL

KP needs to get right. Dude shooting it like his arm is tired from hand relief all day.

If we can just play better defense against 3 point attempts we could be a lot better. But that's a lot to ask :lol:

I def think KP is better than Towns but damn idk about the K Love comparison lol. Clearly Towns is much younger than Love but if you swapped them 1 for 1 right now, Towns makes the Cavs a better team. Love was just hyped in Minnesota bc there was literally nobody there and he had free range to jack up anything he wanted so it inflated his stats

Where can I cop?

I def think KP is better than Towns but damn idk about the K Love comparison lol. Clearly Towns is much younger than Love but if you swapped them 1 for 1 right now, Towns makes the Cavs a better team. Love was just hyped in Minnesota bc there was literally nobody there and he had free range to jack up anything he wanted so it inflated his stats
That’s false.

Back
Top Bottom