Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I have been pretty adamant all season about Miles Bridges being my guy in the 8-10 range, but even I'm starting to like Mikal better as a prospect. At worst he's a great 3 and D role player, at best he's exactly the type of defensive minded combo forward who can become an all-star and be exactly what we need to pair with KP in the frontcourt to take this team into the modern era of small ball while still possessing good length and size up front.

7 is the key though. Options are never a bad thing obviously, even if we can probably land Mikal at 9 and be content.

I just wonder who we can sign to be a competent PG this offseason. I’m pretty sure Frank is a 2. We need someone who can get the ball where it needs to go. It has been sooooo long.

am i the only one that thinks Trae has probably the highest bust potential based on his college stats? i know there are similarities to Steph, and he is a better passer, but i just get a bad feeling from him.

am i the only one that thinks Trae has probably the highest bust potential based on his college stats? i know there are similarities to Steph, and he is a better passer, but i just get a bad feeling from him.
No, but I'd still have a really hard time passing him up if we had the 7th pick and he was on the board.

PASS on Trae Young

Been saying from day one that he ain’t gonna translate to the NBA

He’s the best player on a weak team in a weak division

Well we did give him that money. Hornacek is just a egotistical maniac just like 80% of these coaches. Can't put his pride aside. Play the man 15 min a game, he'll be happy. Plus he contributes to the tank.

I agree he has a really high bust potential. For every Steph there have been so many more Jimmers. Steph is so damn unique.

PASS on Trae Young

Been saying from day one that he ain’t gonna translate to the NBA

He’s the best player on a weak team in a weak division
I don't necessarily disagree with you and there's certainly not a ton of defense played in the Big 12 compared to the ACC/Big 10 but as far as team quality goes the Big 12 has arguably been the most competitive conference in college hoops this year.

Every team besides Iowa State has at least an outside chance of making the tourney. They'll probably get at least 7 of the 10 teams in depending on how the Big 12 tourney plays out. The ACC will almost certainly get more teams in the tourney but Big 12 should be 2nd and have the highest ratio of teams making the tourney to total teams in the conference.

Plus leading the NCAA in scoring and assists (never been done before) as a freshman is nothing to sneeze at. He can be another Steph, but I agree that he has the most bust potential in the top 10 of the Draft.

Keep mark jackson all the way away from the team. Please. He’lel have KOQ posting up. Don’t ever forget this guys go to clutch play was to put Harrison Barnes on the post or a jarret jack iso.

I don’t care who coaches the team next season. As long as KP doesn’t come back until the end of the season if it all, and Little Bill and this year’s pick get the most minutes.

Ain't saying he'd bring us a championship or dare compare our bums to the warriors, just saying development wise he did a decent job letting young dudes figure out who they were and their potential. I remember David Lee looking like a star out there for a while.

Beggars can’t be choosers. Y’all act like dudes lining up to coach here. I also don’t understand the hate for Jax either, like he didn’t turn that team around. The guys that played for him acknowledge his role but y’all can’t give him credit. :lol:

Ain't saying he'd bring us a championship or dare compare our bums to the warriors, just saying development wise he did a decent job letting young dudes figure out who they were and their potential. I remember David Lee looking like a star out there for a while.
I don’t care if he got me in the NBA. Jarret Jack as the go to clutch time iso guy is enough.

Back
Top Bottom