Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

The spread was -3. The refs were tryna make sure this goes there way, but Courtney Lee ****** their money up :pimp:

961A3A5F-9BBB-468B-B60E-5D5F4B43F7A2.gif

I see the the Knicks bucked the trend of a fake comeback and did a real one only to continue the same ol Knicks trend of losing via buzzer beater :lol:

Cats stay gassing Frank up for the most basic basketball **** :lol: he's still got time to develop stop trying to force it. It is what is - White Alpo

Cats stay gassing Frank up for the most basic basketball **** :lol: he's still got time to develop stop trying to force it. It is what is - White Alpo

Let's be real there aren't that many bright spots to focus on on the court itself right now :lol:

Team needs athleticism and defense more than anything else.

IDK man I would say we need a distributor and/or an unselfish secondary scorer pretty badly. Really want a guy who can score in the flow.

his offense is still eh. he needs to insert himself more, and be more aggressive. considering THJR's poor shot selection, Frank should be taking at least 8-10 shots per game. defense is solid, as we all expected. his long arms really help contest shots when coming over a screen. maybe thats why his handle is kinda shaky. his arms are too damn long haha.

New NBADraft.net mock:

1. Memphis: Ayton
2. Phoenix: JJJ
3. Dallas: Porter
4. Sactown: Bagley
5. ATL: Doncic
6. Cleveland: Bamba
7. Orlando: Wendell Carter Jr.
8. Chicago: Trae
9. Knicks: Sexton
10. Charlotte: Knox
11. Philly: Mikal Bridges
12. Clips: SGA
13. Miles Bridges
14. Clips: Robert Williams

NBADraft.net has always been my **** and IMO by farrrr the most reliable draft source on the internet compared to the morons on ESPN or Bleacher Report who act like they know what they're talking about while basing 90% on superlatives but this mock is interesting.

They seem to be sleeping hard on Doncic compared to most other draft sources and general opinion, which is weird to me because they're usually the ones ranking Euro prospects in higher regard than most other major media outlets because they actually watch them play instead of categorizing them based on sterotypes and calling them "projects" because they didn't get to watch the play in the NCAA tournament.

I remember they had Porzingis ranked much higher than most other major media mocks in 2015 throughout the season. But most other mock drafts still have Doncic going 1 or 2, which is where I definitely think he should be. But it's a very good draft and maybe if a couple of guys really show out in the NCAA tournament and we move up a couple more draft spots and/or get some lotto luck we can have a shot at drafting him.

IMO all things equal and hypothetically the Knicks have their choice of anyone, Doncic is the guy by a mile. Not only is he the best overall prospect and probably even the best overall player in the Draft despite his age (none of these kids would come close to being the best player on the best team in the ACB and leading the entire league in PER), but he would fit in seamlessly as exactly what we need with this young core.

A guy who can hold down either forward position, stretch the floor, be a primary or secondary scoring option (significantly helping KP and Timmy), as well as being one of the best distributors on the team if the Knicks have trouble finding a true penetrating/distributing PG (significantly helping Frank). Only slight criticism is that it would help if he was better defensively, but that isn't nearly enough to outweighing everything else he offers. I'd put my early money on him winning ROY next season and going way up from there. I think that he's basically Ben Simmons with a better jump shot. So Something to keep an eye on.

I like Sexton a lot but I'd have a hard time drafting him with both Bridges on the board. Mikal is playing out of his mind right now and some mocks have moved him into that top 7 range despite him being 21. But his defensive versatility along with his offensive potential and improving jumper makes him a tantalizing option. And Mikal seems like he can be a perfect combo forward who can make any team instantly more athletic as well as doing a lot of other things well on both sides of the floor.

When KP comes back I think most people would agree he should be our full-time center and either Bridges would make for a great building block to pair with him in the front-court to make this team younger and more athletic and better shooting the ball and overall just more modern without losing a step defensively.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom